test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer event activities

jarrod3334#2540 jarrod3334 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
I am making a suggestion, why not make the summer event activities permenant, but with EC credits or dilithium as the reward instead, when it's not event time.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Eh... no.
    We've already got a problem with inflation from EC and DL sources. We honestly don't need another.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    It also ruin the enjoyment of the Summer activities, if you could do them all year round.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    jarrod3334#2540 jarrod3334 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    well at least add something to Risa
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Playing Devil's Advocate here for a sec...

They really don't need to add anything to Risa for the off season. Its one of the few places players can wear swimsuits freely. Not only that you're still able to zip around on floaters and surfboards all year round, and some people actually use it for RP. And there is a Dabo Table there if people don't want to go to Drozana, Nimbus, or DS9.

Honestly Risa's got more going for it than Andoria and Vulcan, both of which are also open to visit.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2021
    well at least add something to Risa

That I can agree with! I think someone created a new thread after yours, simply as your first post didn't seem to focus on new events yet focused on leaving them enabled all year. That likely wouldn't happen, as it take away from the event.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1262841/new-summer-winter-events

I've honestly wished they added something unique or different to either Andoria &/or Vulcan, for the Anniversary Event. I mean that's kind of where the conversation has evolved above.

I mean they could add a frozen lake speed skating course to Andoria. It would certainly be fun, where you could compete against 1-2 other friends. It could be go over jumps or around obstacles, avoid melting ice patches because of geo-thermal that takes off your skates, or even hit speed boosts. What might happen might be interesting, and something for Vulcan be nice too! Given both planets are founding members of the Federation. I even thought of something for Vulcan with a few basic idea's, on the same Principle of Federation Founding member Planets in the linked thread. :blush:

I mean Spock was the first actor who voiced his character...
    0zxlclk.png
This discussion has been closed.