test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Items in Mudd's Market - Red Angel Suit, the Dot 7 Drone Kit Module, and the Elachi Walker

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
New items are coming to Mudd's store, check out the message ïn the News section

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11490523-new-items-in-mudd's-market!
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options

Cryptic, you invented the Phoenix store for old event rewards. That was a good invention, you should use it more often and for things like this.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User

Cryptic, you invented the Phoenix store for old event rewards. That was a good invention, you should use it more often and for things like this.

At the very least they should put the ships in the both the Phoenix store and Mudds since the chances of getting one out of the Phoenix store are so incredibly slim that it would not have any impact on Mudd sales (plus the Phoenix ones are character bound while the Mudd ones are account bound).

It might even help a little with the dilithium sink problem if enough desirable ships are added, though the odds are so rotten it might not (I made a Kobali character before I found out getting the Samsar is nearly impossible).
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I still wish there was more in the GPL Store (aka, ships and Lobi type things)...it would give of a reason that just finishing an Endeavor to play Dabo!
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    And wow, the spelling in the post is atrocious! They must have typed it so fast that they ignored the spell check...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I have a question, does the red angel suit function as an EV suit as well? Or is it just armor? If it's an EV suit I may grab it, not sure why I missed it.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    I have a question, does the red angel suit function as an EV suit as well?
    No, back when it first came out they said they considered it, but it was already doing so much weird stuff that they didn't want to make it more complex and possibly break something.
    OK cool, I'll skip it then. Maybe that's why I decided not to get it the first time around ...
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    > @crm14916 said:
    > And wow, the spelling in the post is atrocious! They must have typed it so fast that they ignored the spell check...

Fast typing and ignoring spell check, at thhe same tim. Unlikely.

There were just two Tim’s, you see. Past Tim and future Tim—“at the same Tim.” He was Tiny Tim. The Tiny Tim of Christmas past.
  • Options

They did for awhile.

And all people did was complain about them being single character unlocks, and asked for account wide unlocks of these items. so Crpytic gave people what they asked for in the Mudd's store.

Yes, they gave people what they asked for. At ridiculous high prices.

I'm sure that, if prices were reasonable, there would've been nothing to complain about.

A ship has room for something like 35 items (weapons, consoles, deflector etc.). If a regular C-store ship costs 3000 Zen at the base pricing, a single console or other item shouldn't cost 2000 Zen. Other consoles from lockboxes like Polymorphic probe array cost something like 5 - 10 million EC, which equals a key or 125 Zen nowadays.

Something like 100 Zen for a console is reasonable. Just like 3500 Zen for an event ship would be, a bit more expensive to reward players for having participated in the event. Ground items like the RA suit should be similarly priced as a console. Maybe a bit more expensive because you need fewer items on the ground overall. But nothing close to the 1000s of Zen it's probably going to cost.

20 Phoenix packages usually reward at least one very rare token. That's a token for 80000 dilithium or 160 zen. Asking something like 12 times as much just to have something account unlocked, isn't reasonable at all when the average player doesn't have even come close to having that many toons. There's also to consider that dilithium doesn't necessarily equal income for Cryptic, whereas stuff sold for Zen do (someone has to pay for the Zen, even if it's not the same person buying the item - which isn't true for dilithium).

• Options

They did for awhile.

And all people did was complain about them being single character unlocks, and asked for account wide unlocks of these items. so Crpytic gave people what they asked for in the Mudd's store.

With Mudd's the intention is that you buy during a big sale rather than pay the sky high normal prices. And I personally think paying a premium for past event items is justified considering anyone could have gotten them for FREE by doing the event.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    I still wish there was more in the GPL Store (aka, ships and Lobi type things)...it would give of a reason that just finishing an Endeavor to play Dabo!

If I remember correctly then that will *never* happen. According to a statement from some time ago, players accumulated so much GPL that it's not cost efficient for Cryptic to add anything to the GPL store. Only thing they could do is to simply delete everyone's GPL and start over.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

If I remember correctly then that will *never* happen. According to a statement from some time ago, players accumulated so much GPL that it's not cost efficient for Cryptic to add anything to the GPL store. Only thing they could do is to simply delete everyone's GPL and start over.​​

If you're talking about a Lifetime member, who started playing the game a decade ago...that's true regardless. There's always going to be someone with an advantage, whether it's EC, Zen or GPL!

I just think it would be a nicer way to play the game, but to actually earn a reward you can do something with.
  • Options

They did for awhile.

With Mudd's the intention is that you buy during a big sale rather than pay the sky high normal prices. And I personally think paying a premium for past event items is justified considering anyone could have gotten them for FREE by doing the event.

Sure, if players want to be married to the game and see it more often than they would see most people...

• Options

If you're talking about a Lifetime member, who started playing the game a decade ago...that's true regardless. There's always going to be someone with an advantage, whether it's EC, Zen or GPL!

I just think it would be a nicer way to play the game, but to actually earn a reward you can do something with.

GPL is very easy to get though, I play the same Dabo numbers every time I get the endeavor to play it and always win at least some GPL.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options

They did for awhile.

Sure, if players want to be married to the game and see it more often than they would see most people...

The events only take 5-15 minutes per day, I spend a lot longer than that doing my dailies in WoW.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options

They did for awhile.

The events only take 5-15 minutes per day, I spend a lot longer than that doing my dailies in WoW.

I was more talking about the expectation to be active on a daily basis, instead of the time required to be active. Even a couple of minutes every day can have serious detrimental effects. It is encouraging addiction in players. And I've noticed myself how bad this can be.

Anyway, as I've stated before, anything that's put in the C-store allows Cryptic to make money. Even at low prices, it will likely earn them more than Phoenix boxes since those are probably mostly bought with in-game resources. In fact, since they may drive up the Zen price and hence cause players who sell Zen to require less of it for a given amount of dilithium, the Phoenix store may actually have a detrimental effect on Zen sales, if it has any.

So there is actually no need to demand premium prices when they put something in the C-store, regardless of whether one thinks it's reasonable. Though, since this reasoning suggests that it is greed, pure and simple, that makes them demand those premium prices nevertheless, I'd actually say that it's not reasonable at all.

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User

If I remember correctly then that will *never* happen. According to a statement from some time ago, players accumulated so much GPL that it's not cost efficient for Cryptic to add anything to the GPL store. Only thing they could do is to simply delete everyone's GPL and start over.

No, I mean the playerbase as a whole - of course there are differences, but in the big picture, since GPL has always been worthless but has been ground by some players regardless because they liked to play dabo or for whatever reason, the amount of GPL in the system was stated as being so big that there was no feasible way of draining it. They'd probably have to charge hundreds of millions of GPL for ships that would be put into that store.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    I have a question, does the red angel suit function as an EV suit as well? Or is it just armor? If it's an EV suit I may grab it, not sure why I missed it.

nope. it's armor. and crappy armor at that
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    As far as Mudd's Market sales, we don't seem to be getting the 80% or 85% sales anymore. Contrary to the Mudd hype when the Market first opened we are not getting better sales than those original ones.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2021

Yes I also agree with this, I realize some like Mudd (Account-Unlocks) but ever since they introduced Mudd, they completely forgotten about Phoenix and wished they would not.

It's not my call, but I'd suspected the Red Angel Suit would have been a Ultra token for those who missed out, given how special they are. Yet I'm sure many will be more than happy to fork over some ZEN to allow them be unlocked account-wide.

This is only a suggestion though, yet it be nice to see (between 33%) go to Phoenix so those offerings grow, even if a majority goes to Mudd to Generate Revenue on previously free Ships/Items. :o

nope. it's armor. and crappy armor at that

I disagree, I think it's very nice armor especially if you fully upgrade it to Epic Mk XV. While you take a slight bit more damage than some others, it has the revive which is very nice every other minute. It also has the Red Angel Suit ability which also triggers every 2 minutes, to enable Red Angel Phaser Beam, Phaser Spread, Temporal Banish, and E.M.P while shockwave is active; you move faster to help get you out of danger, or to find the next threat. Notice I suggested, I thought they'd make it worth an Ultra Phoenix token. ;)

In another thread or two related to DIL/Dilithium Sinks.

I thought it be neat to see a new Vendor at Drozana, a Ferengi Business Woman who perhaps took GPL & DIL.

It also be good if she offered some similar gear to that at Fleet (yet different) yet perhaps not SET bonus however, as most Fleet doesn't have that only Lobi items. Yet maybe they give a 3 piece Tailor unlock, it might be attractive to those not in Fleets, or smaller Fleets, or those who just liked what she offered. I then later suggested another persons idea who suggested Mirror T5 Ships (Uncommon) be sold in Dil Store; yet instead of offering a new Ship Skin she upgraded them to Fleet Grade. So new skin perhaps, yet would allow Hull & Shields reinforced, along with Mastery I-IV and 11 consoles.

Or I had an idea for a slight variation on Fleet Holding at Drozana (that might appeal to those in smaller fleets, as well as some in larger ones) on my first post on Page 2 of this thread--you'd have to find the alternate thread I linked shown as Page 10.

I thought it was a creative way to offer something different, yet will they do it like many, possibly not...
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    winter or summer sale. items you can only get during an event like the past ships.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
This discussion has been closed.