test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Attn: Gamma Recruits!

corinthalascorinthalas Member Posts: 2,331 Arc User
Not listed anywhere, but the Gamma Vanguard expansion pack is currently on sale. Get it while it's hot. Includes: three very awesome bridge officers, a great EV suit, and a full set of Jem'hadar ships and the trio of Cardassian counterparts! Join the Vanguard! Victory is life!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Also comes with the T5 Galor (store claim only), which spawns 4x Spiral Wave Disruptor Arrays to inventory the first time it is claimed for each character.

You can also get the T5 Galor from just the Intel Cardassian ship bundle. (for those who may want the ship unlock without buying the entire expansion bundle)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    If Vorta and/or a few of the other Gamma quadrant species were available I would consider buying it, but the package is useless without having to make a Jem'Hadar, and the hornytoads are useless to me since I cannot get into the character of one at all. On top of that stopper, I don't like genderlocked classes on principle, (unless they are in pairs like how BDO does it which in effect negates the lock) which adds more irritation to the situation.
  • Options
    diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I feel the same way Phoenix. If I could start up a Vorta, I would give it a try. Jem’Hadar is a species I also have a very hard time getting my head into the character. So I am going to give the Gamma recruitment a pass.

But I think is a good thing for it to be available for new players to do.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Note that it's only for the in-game store (at first, I thought it was a regional thing since it didn't show for me on the site) and curiously, instead of the pack itself being discounted, the C-store has a second version just above it. Price is 9,750 Zen.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I'm just gutted that I missed the Klingon recruitment at the beginning of the year and can see all these perks you're able to get...but I can't get them. It would be kinder just not to show what you can't have.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    I'm just gutted that I missed the Klingon recruitment at the beginning of the year and can see all these perks you're able to get...but I can't get them. It would be kinder just not to show what you can't have.

Well they have stated they are going to rerun recruitments more often, as evidenced by doing 3 so far this year. Temporal is still yet to come later this year, but I imagine next year we will again see plenty of recruit rerun action.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    As I say, I missed the Klingon, but it would be lovely to have a new one entirely. At the moment, it's reruns and not so great new stuff, so something with a little more meat would be nice.
  • Options
    mysonne1mysonne1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    I highly recommend this bundle, I bought this a few years back and just stellar (no pun intended) ships in this bundle
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I remember upon initial release I didn't buy the big Gamma bundle because of that required extra trait feature to unlock for other characters to use. It just sounded & looked too much like a penalty to me so I definitely wasn't going to pay for such a thing. I did buy the Cardassian bundle though, great ships, & got the Gamma starter bundle for free.
  • Options
    therealblackkaostherealblackkaos Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    I hated having to unlock each ship for my other alts but, after awhile, it gave me something to do & a reason to play my Jemmie. Haven’t unlocked the Cardi’s yet. Would’ve been nice if the carrier had fighter wings to go with wingmen though.
  • Options
    therealblackkaostherealblackkaos Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    > @corinthalas said:
    > Then you're in luck! Cardassian ships don't have the level 6 mastery thing to unlock them for all your other captains. That's exclusive to the Jem'hadar vanguard ships. Which means the T5 (freely upgraded to T5U) ships are also available for all of your captains by default.

Thanks. I never knew that about the Cardi’s in the pack. I haven’t played my Cardi ships yet or the T5 Jemmie yet. May save that for when Temporal Recruit comes around again. I’ve been slacking on finishing up my other recruit missions but I want to before Temp drops again.
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I bought the pack when it came out three years ago (God, has it been that long?), because it came out around my birthday. Still a damn good pack.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
This discussion has been closed.