test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New TFO: Remain Klingon

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,672 Community Manager
A brand new Task Force Operation is coming to Star Trek Online soon. Battle above the skies of Qo'nos to determine the fate of the Klingon Empire!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11488023

Comments

• trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Makes me wonder if there is final TFO like this for space is there a Qo'nos battlezone for ground for that raging on the surface? lol
  • sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    The last battle should end with Martok strolling into J'mpok's office/bridge and saying "In the name of the High Council and the Klingon Empire, you are under arrest Chancellor."

"Are you threatening me General?"

"The High Council will decide your fate."

"I AM THE HIGH COUNCIL."

"Not yet."

"It's treason then." pulls nanopulse red bat'leth...
  • michael0525michael0525 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I am looking for the recommended prequel mission. Where may I find it?
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    > @michael0525 said:
    > I am looking for the recommended prequel mission. Where may I find it?

Yeah it is a new mission that we haven’t been told about yet—great job planning the announcements right?
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I'll repeat what I said in the "J'mpok's fate" thread. J'mpok shouldn't die in a glorious battle but rather in a comedic death (preferably while fleeing) that will taint his (in-universe) reputation for eternity so that there will never people who'd want to avenge J'mpok's death.

Also they should disable or destroy the myceial (sic) weapon before any fight against J'mpok.
    me wrote:
    A bit off-topic but how I'd want J'mpok to be defeat is not in a glorious final battle but rather when we confront him, he slips and does a comedy pratfall before even being able to fight us allowing us to capture him alive and without a fight (essentially his defeat will be about as dishonorable as possible from a Klingon point of view).

After all if he dies his followers can still claim he died as a Klingon and thus we're unworthy, but J'mpok falls on his TRIBBLE and is captured alive it'll make it that much harder for any self respecting Klingon to try to avenge him.
    Post edited by spiritborn on
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,295 Arc User
    More interested in the episode myself.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,741 Arc User
    Time to restart the debate about there being TRIBBLE Klingons I guess? That went so well last time. ;)

More seriously: a bit of more concrete information or pics from the new content would have been nice. This doesn't say much.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I am now taking wagers on what this TFO will involve.

* Time-gated waves upon waves of enemies (like starbase one) that will auto complete without any player input 1:1
    * Fly-in-and-park to recapture/defend X locations (like Pavo) 2:1
    * Defend NPC ships that are so squishy they get blown up after getting hit twice 2:1
    * An actual interesting plot with mechanics that encourage player participation that is not time-gated with some tough enemies to fight 1000:1

Disclaimer: No actual betting will be conducted, this is a joke, not an actual call for gambling.
  • bloomoombabloomoomba Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    I am now taking wagers on what this TFO will involve.

* An actual interesting plot with mechanics that encourage player participation that is not time-gated with some tough enemies to fight 1000:1

Disclaimer: No actual betting will be conducted, this is a joke, not an actual call for gambling.

"Tough Enemies To Fight" is a misnomer and different from person to person, especially if it's ship based. The way my main ship's decked out, the clusters of Tholians in the Azure Nebula Rescue TFO (at normal difficulty) can either be a long fight that I survive solo, or things go sour and I lose 75% of my hull because I got web orbs in my face. But I know other people with stuff like that Plasma Storm console from the raider from the lobi shop, or with some of the other lockbox/event/lobi ship consoles can just waste the entire cluster in a couple seconds.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    Or it'll be like the last few episodes...

"Totally doable in 15 minutes, so let's add 45 minutes of wave after wave of attack spam for no real reason other than to make it seem like we made an hour long episode"

And this TFO will follow it up with a similar plan that is so poor that no one will play it after the event unless they have to for an endeavor or they add it to the random TFO list and claim, "it's the best TFO ever, and the players love it!"
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Always welcome expanding the end game multiplayer aspect of STO, though I share the fears of others about its mission design. I get it, everyone enjoys different things, though there's practically no one ever who says they can't wait for timegated endless easy mobs and interrupt-based press a key and wait objectives.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • scotty74321scotty74321 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I just dont want something that puts me in POV of a character on which I can't use my own gear or re map the keys
    to the settings I have used since 2012
    Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
    One idea I had that could separate content for different levels of challenging content based on what kind of players the game has is make an advanced version of korfez and then remove all the elite TFO's and consolidate that game mode. Then return the time gate to the random blocks of time for a battle zone but change it up where people doing the time block ones are always doing a territorial based version of any battle zone. So they can keep the old ones but the random block of time where it changes would be where the more challenging content would go. Also making ones that are based off the final battle or solution to a story arc. Also in this integrate all the fleet functions and resources that are never used into this too like operational assets. Plus even if people are just Star Trek fans they can still be useful and would bring support type builds to have a place which all of this is a win win for players and Cryptic because it will bring players all to one place like the seasonal events like Q's wonderland and Risa. As well as support role ships that never sell all that well would become high in demand as well.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2021
    I hope Martok or Worf will be the new chancellor, and Jimpuck should die some coward's death. And when the Klingun Civil War story arc finally comes to a conclusion, maybe we'll eventually get to see more playable species for the Federation (Denobulans, Aenar, Xindi) and more ship costume options and legendary ships (Mogai, D'deridex, Scimitar, Negh'var, Bortas'qu, Galor, Keldon, Dominion Light BC, Dominion Attack Ship, Dominion Dreadnought, Akira, Nebula, Stargazer, Prometheus, Miranda). :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,963 Arc User
    Pre Patching for this content has been initiated. For those unaware of prepatching. When you close the game the launcher will reopen and patch files in readiness for this new content. Allow the launcher to do it's thing. It is a completely natural process of STO.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    what a bunch of moany groany people if you don't like the content why play and don't give me this BS it's "star trek".
  • bbrailsfordbbrailsford Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I hope that in the end J'mpok turns out to be an Undine or a Founder. I can't imagine Cryptic updating all the older missions and the game itself that has him as chancellor.
    Probably what is going to happen like most content in mmo's there is going to be a change that is practically locked in time to where once you finish the arc the new chancellor appears instead of J'mpok. Possibly even that there is no emperor or chancellor anymore and that its just an all out civil war. Then the last theory is that Gowron was a tyrant in the mirror universe where J'mpok maybe comes from.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Just what on Earth are we supposed to do in this TFO?!
    Q9BWcdD.png
    edited May 2021
    They should have a kicking option when the person who is targeted just never goes to the green circle makes the whole thing last forever until you can get targeted in their place.

If you don't know what to do here is a simple explanation when the green circle means you are targeted it shows how many seconds you have to fly to the green circle you need to go too. When there is a purple circle around the targ thats when you have to sit 4km in that circle for it to disable for that portion of disabling it. So its a really fun and quick TFO but if you have people who just keep sitting in one spot attacking stuff then it will never end. Only other things are you need to kill repair ships and the Kri'stak you have to destroy the cloaking device that spawns. So basically get in the habit of going in a rotation once you get the green thing around you go to the other ship but stay around it once yer there to get it again.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    lopequil wrote: »
    Just what on Earth are we supposed to do in this TFO?!
    That's why for once, the blog gives you a precious information:
    We recommend that you complete the episode “A Day Long Remembered” before attempting “Remain Klingon”.
    When the contact says you're targeted, an additional UI effect appears around your ship with an arrow indicating which ship you have to go to. If the timer doesn't stop once you enter the red circle around one of the two flagship, that means you went to the wrong one.

I like this TFO quite a bit for the sole reason it doesn't have a timegate and requires you to listen to what you need to do. Which means you can finish it quite quickly and are rewarded with a bonus for doing so. And for those who just want to fly around and blow stuff, you have the escaping BoPs and repair ship for that.
    Unfortunately, that also means the average PUG is gonna waste a lot of time with each run.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I have a couple of issues with this TFO, though oddly, neither of them are really about the TFO itself.

1. Players who (as others have said) don't go to the green circle to complete their task. However, I will actually give a bit of leeway on this because of my second issue with this TFO.

2. The amount of VFX spam these days and how common it is, completely obliterates my ability (and maybe others) from seeing when I'm targeted. Seriously, there are times I can't make out just what the Hell I'm looking at. And since some folks play without sound, they don't hear the targeting warning.

Please Cryptic, give us an option to disable teammates & friendly NPC's VFX.

Other than the issues I listed, the TFO seems okay. Far from great but definitely not utter junk either.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • piroteuspiroteus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I realy like the new TFO, still short and sweet if all play along. Sadly to hard for some^^ btw dose STO have a Colorblind mode? Haven't realy thought much about it until i got new colleague. I know you can still get it by the shape and the litle arrow great detial but you know maybe blue yellow on one of them?