test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Online Universe is a Nexus Reality?

ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
I think in some part of the game it should be explained this the Star Trek Online universe by like some temporal agent or Q-Junior as a off hand comment that the game universe the players are in is like some kind of Temporal Nexus similar to Star Trek Generations that instead of the universe of possible realities it is a funnel of all realities that stuff that happen in different in different realities affect this reality but only one way thus saving CBS.... i mean some kind of cosmic force prevent it from being affecting other universes this game universe acts like a black hole "cosmic junk yard" where things somewhere and somewhen happens it overwrites tiny bits of this reality only. So timelines the shows and movies that had those bottle episodes happen didn't happen in the show or movies but does happen here but when i is undone in the show and movies it still happens here a tiny but and leaves an echo. so explains we got the temporal cold wars still going on yet it is over. you have people saying some things one episode of the game only to now remember saying it in another part of the game or plain don't remember meeting a person. the player in game also experiences this. If this is intentional and *cough* not a mistake the devs accidentally left in when episodes are moved out of ordered or removed. like the lastest episode with j'ula in myceila space talking like we never been there before. she know we been there....unless...
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    There's also a popular fan theory that The Enterprise D never left the void ruled by Nagilum in TNG season 2 episode 2 "Where Silence Has Lease." and that everything that happened after that episode never actually happened.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    There's also a popular fan theory that The Enterprise D never left the void ruled by Nagilum in TNG season 2 episode 2 "Where Silence Has Lease." and that everything that happened after that episode never actually happened.
    If so, that was a good thing considering the previous season.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I hope not, because that'd make the episodes "The Measure of Morality" (pts 1&2) very confusing! Alternate realities within an alternate reality!
    And you still lose in the end no matter what, until you convince the all-powerful entity of another option.

Yarnek, choice 1: "By saving this orphan, you chose a path where Q got bored and wiped out your universe. Oh and Nagilum decided to see what a black hole does to people's stomach."
    Yarnek, choice 2: "By rescuing this nanov, you chose a path that led to the Borg assimilating the Undine and then everything in existence. Oh, and Nagilum decided to test what 15,000 roentgen does to the inside of a crewed space ship."
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User

That's funny!
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    The Temporal Cold War was a cold war across time itself. Although the war is "over" per the events of Enterprise, it's still possible for us to experience some of the effects that occurred in later points of the timeline, because those events technically hadn't happened yet, although Archer may have known about them. Remember when dealing with temporal mechanics it's possible to see the reaction to an event occurring, before the actual event itself occurs. Prime example being that one episode of Voyager when they got stuck in that anomaly of some kind. Voyager detected a distress call coming from the hole and moved to investigate only to get stuck. They would later discover in the episode that the distress call they picked up was their own distress all from the future they hadn't sent yet.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    The Temporal Cold War was a cold war across time itself. Although the war is "over" per the events of Enterprise, it's still possible for us to experience some of the effects that occurred in later points of the timeline, because those events technically hadn't happened yet, although Archer may have known about them. Remember when dealing with temporal mechanics it's possible to see the reaction to an event occurring, before the actual event itself occurs. Prime example being that one episode of Voyager when they got stuck in that anomaly of some kind. Voyager detected a distress call coming from the hole and moved to investigate only to get stuck. They would later discover in the episode that the distress call they picked up was their own distress all from the future they hadn't sent yet.

My TOS main was proud of the Tholians when they destroyed the Na'kuhl's Sun despite the fact that he was a Vulcan, those ugly TRIBBLE got what they deserved for trying to mess up my precious 23rd century, the Na'Kuhl don't deserve to live long and prosper, it's called Karma you ugly Na'Kuhl motherf*ckers do you understand it.
  • Options

My TOS main was proud of the Tholians when they destroyed the Na'kuhl's Sun despite the fact that he was a Vulcan, those ugly TRIBBLE got what they deserved for trying to mess up my precious 23rd century, the Na'Kuhl don't deserve to live long and prosper, it's called Karma you ugly Na'Kuhl motherf*ckers do you understand it.

tell us how you really feel. :P

Fine... Honestly I didn't really care one way or the other, maybe if they didn't bother with time travel they would still have their sun intact, the Tholians attacked them in retaliation for what they did to their Queen, the way I see it the Tholians did nothing wrong, I may be biased but the Na'Kuhl also tried to kill my main on multiple occasions starting with "Painful Omens", he probably would have died long time ago if it wasn't for "Ensign Hunter".
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User

tell us how you really feel. :P

Fine... Honestly I didn't really care one way or the other, maybe if they didn't bother with time travel they would still have their sun intact, the Tholians attacked them in retaliation for what they did to their Queen, the way I see it the Tholians did nothing wrong, I may be biased but the Na'Kuhl also tried to kill my main on multiple occasions starting with "Painful Omens", he probably would have died long time ago if it wasn't for "Ensign Hunter".

Actually, it is not that simple. Sure, the Tholians kill the Na'Kuhl's sun in retaliation to for that attack on their colonial fleet, but the Na'Kuhl made that attack as part of their revenge against the Tholians for killing their sun. There is no straight cause and effect to it, it is paradox.
  • Options
    aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited June 2021

If this all happened before the introduction of Q that would make a lot of sense. Instead of writers borrowing their older ideas and expanding. The creature actually created Q as a further test of their abilities.

Frighteningly it could make picard the only real show. Everything since has been a delusion in picards mind. And the actual picard who either is him woken up. Or another itteration testing them from a sention immortals whims.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    aftulus wrote: »

If this all happened before the introduction of Q that would make a lot of sense. Instead of writers borrowing their older ideas and expanding. The creature actually created Q as a further test of their abilities.

Frighteningly it could make picard the only real show. Everything since has been a delusion in picards mind. And the actual picard who either is him woken up. Or another itteration testing them from a sention immortals whims.

How would that make PIC the only real show? If TNG was all a simulation after s2e2 then PIC would be just a continuation of that illusion. Unless you mean that the differences put it in a different timeline from TNG (that could explain the radical differences between TNG and PIC too, but I seriously doubt CBS would entertain that notion in the slightest unless maybe a fan uproar forced them into damage control mode again).
  • Options
    Picard S2 Finale's final words, from Q, whispered to Picard:

"There WERE FIVE lights all along, Jean-Luc." *to be continued*
    #TASforSTO
This discussion has been closed.