test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Frozen worm (bond with life.)

aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
I captured a Furmorale worm and it gave me a frozen worm in the list of monsters. Has anyone else gotten this?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Yes, me too. I think it's just a mistake in the text, which is especially funny when it has a fire attack.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    Has yours popped up and attacked. I didn't see mine do anything.
  • Options
    Now that you mention it, no. I tried using it a few times in the dyson battle zone and saw nothing. I just assumed it was a map-specific problem.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    I've tried it on a few maps now. Definitely broken.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Is this Kit Module really worth keeping slotted? I'm just trying to think of how many ground animals I actually encounter of a day when I play, but the problem is that if I have my officers with me, animals never usually last that long.
  • Options
    I mean, it would be great if you could go through "Coliseum", zapping everything in the arena and the trench, but Kits never work in there...
  • Options
    It's a ground trait, not a kit module.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    My mistake on that...but still, does it work on Coliseum?
  • Options
    Some of the pets are obtainable from it. Or do you mean the frozen worm specifically. I'm not sure if I tried the frozen worm there or not. I forget which order I obtained them in.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    The trait has several problems:
    -Various species are so fragile (those damn spiders) they require you to have very low-leveled weapons with no crit, your Boffs on passive and possibly removing some passively damaging traits or specs
    -You can only fight New Romulus lifeforms during a specific mission that doesn't exist anymore or, for Romulans, one sole specific mission.
    -Pets don't seem to follow you once they've attacked your first target (and the damage is pathetic)
    -Furiadons are still in their tiny form (and annoying to catch as they're rare random spawns that only appear if you have enough players at the same battlezone point)

To me, it seems a dev decided to do something fun during their breaktime, managed to make a basic version that was all they needed because it's just funny, then a higher-up showed up, said "make it a working trait, you have 1 hour", got told "it's gonna take a lot more than that to be fully operational" and replied "who cares, we'll add a cool description and make nice pics, it'll be a gimmick for a few days and then the players will forget it even existed".
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I've been trying to get the new romulus ones. Isn't it still a random spawn if an event/alert happens or did they get rid of the group event/alerts?
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    The Romulus alerts are still present, but I don't remember them allowing you to target and shoot the creatures you can get with Bond With Life, except the "scorpions" but those can be found in a lot more places in the game.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    How do you get the romulus animals after doing the initial quests? Do you have to start a new character. I'm assuming it's not unlocked across multiple character. Although I coudl test that. I did buy two of them.

Tested. It does not unlock across account to other characters. It's a fresh start each time.
  • Options
    You can re-do the missions now, so catching all but the driclae is possible. I still haven't seen a driclae.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    They're big forkin' purple anteater things, and according to their wiki page, can be found in the Paehhos Crater - so I guess just keep doing that mission over and over until you get a hostile one.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Gee, why didn't I think of that?

Turns out I did, and they don't appear in the crater. Right now I'm waiting for a Red Alert in the crater to see if they spawn there then.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I've only gotten atlai and the octopus and killing hirogen so far. I haven't found a place to repeat the quest in quest form. I was assuming it only happens as a red alert. I went to the original quest giver and he didn't have one. Unless it's hidden in the available quest. I'll have to check again.

NVM, It was in there. I even got one of them so far. working on the other 2-3. have to keep doing them until they randomly go active.
    Post edited by aftulus on
This discussion has been closed.