test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

after the most recent update , my screen in game flickers real fast

kamagirakamagira Member Posts: 4 Arc User
which means i cannot play. i tried resetting settings , defragging PC , cleaning files and verifying installations , what can i do ?
( i am on a newish laptop and played without problems since i got this dell with recommended specs and memory , thanks guys
...... Hellp me x
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2021
    Try checking your display or graphics settings, there is an option to align refresh rate with monitor.

"Check your Display settings, and make sure you have Monitor Vertical Sync enabled or set to ON. Also make sure your refresh rate for display to match that of your monitor, if it's the laptops display panel it might say in Display for the Monitor your using."

All I see is a spinning blue circle that never loads the Cryptic visuals or anything, just getting a black window after the initial update was applied.

I've tried twice now selecting Options from the loader screen and selecting 'Force Verify' hasn't helped, neither has safe mode, now i'm going to try to update graphic drivers which were only recently updated a few weeks ago.

Perhaps time to uninstall, I got the 4gb update several days earlier, yet today when it applied I don't think it processed most of it. *sigh*
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    motito78motito78 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Same problem but in an old laptop, with intel hd3000 graphics, please tell game devs
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I'm using a Nvidia GeForce 1660 Ti. Sadly can't get in, not sure what they did as game loaded fine yesterday.

And was even running at maximum graphics. Now just a black screen, never see the Cryptic logo, only thing I see is a small spinning circle like something is trying to load, yet the application never reports it has hung.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1261957/cant-even-load-game-since-5-25-update-just-black-screen

Finally got in, something in the game finally reset Graphics settings, after reinstall and also got the initial display settings of new install to process. So I updated the note above mentioning what to try, so hope that helps you.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    didnt work for me, i have to login with graphic drivers disabled. but game is unplayable, too laggy and at 1 FPS
  • Options
    syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Might not be a helpful suggestion but you might try running the game in windowed mode.
  • Options
    nope, all windows is black, but the game cursor is fine, and moves perfect. On every big patch i have to pray, half of them get me out of the game for weeks... seems a recurring bug that come back almost always
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Yea I'm not sure what caused it for me, I uninstalled and then reinstalled and that fixed it.

But honestly a kind of silly or real stupid way to FIX a problem. Cause it see's Cryptic patch servers require people to download a lot more than it need to.

So hopefully they aren't ignoring, these various Graphics related bugs. From Black Screens, to Crashes during various TFOs, or even just various FX not rendering like they used to--even with Cinematic Focus enabled.
    0zxlclk.png