test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cyptic! request to re-run past events!

kelthuzad#7031 kelthuzad Member Posts: 36 Arc User
Would it be nice if we can re-run all the past events? I know I do. Anyhow, Cryptic, on behalf some LTS members including myself. I would like to request to re-run past events please XD. Also, epic tokens does not give you account wide unlocks!

Kelthuzad

(title correction to reflect request) - darkbladejk
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2021
    Epic Phoenix Token never have, their per Character like all things in Phoenix.

Note: They also won't redo past Events, cause many past Event Rewards are either in Phoenix already, or a few are Account-wide Rewards with Mudd's Market, or will often eventually show up in one or the other.

So with Phoenix Ships from Epic tokens you got to focus / decide on those best for ones Class, unless it's the console or trait you desire for some Hybrid Build, yet most apply to a specific class. For example don't get Bajoran Interceptor for anything but your TAC's, or flying more Tactical Ships for example. Or if you're missing the Krenim Science Vessel focus mostly on SCI's.

As for Mudd he's a shrewd Business Man, you really got to at least wait for a 50% or far better sale much closer to 75% off sale before I'd recommend buying them. Even their own wording strongly suggests that you'd be well silly to pay full price.

Though one thing that surprise me the most, is we've not seen the Red Angel Suit from an Event from Mid last year show up yet in either Mudd's or Phoenix yet. There was also a few others for example the 3 piece Friendly Elachi Space Set (by a different name), that causes the Dancing Elachi around various Social Zones. In combat those Friendly Elachi instead fight to help you while on Ground Maps, when your not in Space however... ...I missed that Event as it was October of 2020 or so, still it's likely only a matter of time before they will place them in one of the two.

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Phoenix_Prize_Pack#

Once you have the Rewards your characters desire, there always be a few new or old items to consider; the vast majority convert their tokens down for the Phoenix Upgrades though.

Good Luck,
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Edit your post and remove the word 'petition' or they will shut it down. Just giving you a heads up.

On Topic:

They should re-run past events for people that missed them.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I just... no words. gl :D
    flat,400x,075,f-pad,400x280,f8f8f8.jpg
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    They could do that once but I don't think they'd want to do it again after.
  • Options
    aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    They should attach it to time travel items and storylines. You have to at least unlock it on one character or more and gain access via in game play. Then you can time travel back to them and play them. Maybe even related to guilds. If another person played it they can give you access via a time recorder transfer of data to let you play it.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    Cryptic wants you to log in 20 days during the first and only run of an event.

If you ignore that chance, they want the second chance to be expensive and/or character locked.

If players know they can easily get a ship again later and for free, they are more likely to ignore the event.

Also, some players turn into foam-at-the-mouth rantbeasts if new players get something that was "time limited" or "exclusive" just as easily as they did years ago.
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    Though one thing that surprise me the most, is we've not seen the Red Angel Suit from an Event from Mid last year show up yet in either Mudd's or Phoenix yet. There was also a few others for example the 3 piece Friendly Elachi Space Set (by a different name), that causes the Dancing Elachi around various Social Zones. In combat those Friendly Elachi instead fight to help you while on Ground Maps, when your not in Space however... ...I missed that Event as it was October of 2020 or so, still it's likely only a matter of time before they will place them in one of the two.

Considering the event buyout for the Red Angel Suit was like $50, I shudder to think what the Mudd's price would be, even on sale.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    First up, petitions are not permitted on these forums for a number of reasons. In the future please avoid such things. I saw no need to close the thread this time as this reads like more a request than a petition.

Now with the obligatory stuff out of the way, they're not going to re-run old events in the fashion you're thinking of. They already have alternative ways to pick up items from events past. Some of them are in the phoenix box which is a per character unlock, and others are in the Mudd's market. While I would love to see the items in Phoenix be account unlocks at this point in the game, I wouldn't count on that happening thanks to Mudd's market. While Mudd's is alot more expensive, it at least gives people an alternative to get the account unlocks they missed. The trick to Mudd's is waiting for the desired item to go on sale and not paying the full price for the item(s) you want. For that matter even the descriptions say not to buy at full price. You can if you want to, but it's a foolish move.

The phoenix packs were also meant to be a dilithium sink that also served the purpose of allowing folks a chance at getting items they missed out on. However folks complained about it not being account unlock which in part led to the creation of Mudd's Market. Neither are fully perfect solutions but they work.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    First up, petitions are not permitted on these forums for a number of reasons. In the future please avoid such things. I saw no need to close the thread this time as this reads like more a request than a petition.

Now with the obligatory stuff out of the way, they're not going to re-run old events in the fashion you're thinking of. They already have alternative ways to pick up items from events past. Some of them are in the phoenix box which is a per character unlock, and others are in the Mudd's market. While I would love to see the items in Phoenix be account unlocks at this point in the game, I wouldn't count on that happening thanks to Mudd's market. While Mudd's is alot more expensive, it at least gives people an alternative to get the account unlocks they missed. The trick to Mudd's is waiting for the desired item to go on sale and not paying the full price for the item(s) you want. For that matter even the descriptions say not to buy at full price. You can if you want to, but it's a foolish move.

The phoenix packs were also meant to be a dilithium sink that also served the purpose of allowing folks a chance at getting items they missed out on. However folks complained about it not being account unlock which in part led to the creation of Mudd's Market. Neither are fully perfect solutions but they work.

The phoenix packs are in a bad spot when it comes to ships (though it is great for consoles and whatnot) because the odds against getting a gold token are too high to make the single character unlock that appealing since most players will probably only ever get one (or maybe two) of those tokens in years of playing.

Even a small adjustment of the odds would probably make a big difference in dil spending at this point since most people probably know by now that buying the packs hoping for a ship-grade token is a fools quest. On the other hand, it is nice that there is a chance, however small, that one will pop up when buying packs for phoenix upgrades.
  • Options
    Even a small adjustment of the odds would probably make a big difference in dil spending at this point since most people probably know by now that buying the packs hoping for a ship-grade token is a fools quest. On the other hand, it is nice that there is a chance, however small, that one will pop up when buying packs for phoenix upgrades.

Yes, needing to buy 1,000+ Phoenix packs to maybe get one token is brutal. Sure, you get a 5-character supply of tech upgrade tokens in the process, but most players only have 3-4 alts.

Then if you want a multi-ship console set or Breen carrier + frigate pets unlock, you might never run out of upgrade tokens, ever.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    The phoenix packs are in a bad spot when it comes to ships (though it is great for consoles and whatnot) because the odds against getting a gold token are too high to make the single character unlock that appealing since most players will probably only ever get one (or maybe two) of those tokens in years of playing.

We can debate the odds and what they should be, and I definitely agree they need to be better for getting very rare and above. If they odds were too good, then it partially defeats the purpose of the thing being a dilithium sink. However this is kind of getting off on a side tangent to the original request.
    mine was more in line with following the event line up - i.e. winter event, and allow the person to choose the current ship or any past three ships (as an example) as a choice for them for completing it. an example of this was that the past winter, people seemed to dislike the carrier offered, but did mention past ships they would like to get but missed. for me personally, the past three winters have offered the most fun ships for free ever.

i see no harm in offering options for a prize, as well as placing them in mudds (albeit the cost are stupid, even if one knows about the history of mudd) or phx boxes, once the event is over.

They used to do that until Delta Rising. Up until that point you could makeup ships you missed and such
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    mine was more in line with following the event line up - i.e. winter event, and allow the person to choose the current ship or any past three ships (as an example) as a choice for them for completing it. an example of this was that the past winter, people seemed to dislike the carrier offered, but did mention past ships they would like to get but missed. for me personally, the past three winters have offered the most fun ships for free ever.

i see no harm in offering options for a prize, as well as placing them in mudds (albeit the cost are stupid, even if one knows about the history of mudd) or phx boxes, once the event is over.

They used to do that until Delta Rising. Up until that point you could makeup ships you missed and such

Yes, DR Winter 2014-15 was the last time you could start new projects for old ships. It was also the first time they were account unlocks instead of per-character. I had to grind 75 ice races to get the T6 carrier and the 2 old Breen T5s.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    One event that could use re-running on a regular basis would be the Sphere of Influence one where you can get the basic version of the Obelisk carrier.

I am not sure why they even stopped giving that out like they do with the Ambassador class support version in Temporal Ambassador, especially since one of the rewards you get (the Swarmers) is totally useless without it, and it would probably encourage people to spring for the more advanced versions of the ship. And it is not like basic non-upgradable T5s are exactly in demand nowadays.
This discussion has been closed.