test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which is the best canon Ground Weapon?

kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
I absolutely love to use canon ground weapons in STO, which really appeared in the films/series.

My only problem is that they're not so great in DPS and versatility, so I end up using STO invented one.

I just wish the Relativity Stasis Pistol, High Density Beam Rifle Type 3 (24c.) and Compression Phaser Rifle were great in a fight.

I can't deny that the TR-116B Rifle is the absolute exception, not to mention the other physical weapons, like the Thompson Submachine Gun and Zefram Cochrane's Shotgun, but I miss having a canon ground energy weapon.

Seven's Dual Tetryon Rifles are okay and I'm not a fun of the JJ-Verse, but I know people like Jaylah's Staff and the Zhat Vash Disruptor Pistol I personally never get a good result from, but what are your favourite authentic weapons and are you able to get good results from them yourself?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    Most of my toons carry a Type II hand phaser, one of the Fleet weapons from K-13 if available. It warms my heart whenever I make someone turn blue and disappear with it.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    While they don't have the canon firing sounds, the Assault Phaser Pistols are good for fans of the late TMP era. And I honestly like the more tactical look of the DSC phaser rifles. I also like the Kelvin Fed rifle too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I like the pink-beam TOS phaser rifle and the TOS handheld with the cone secondary attack. I think you can get them from the K-13 fleet holding, but you can also get them from the exchange and using the account back and buying from vendors in the TOS era with a TOS captain.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    pink-beam TOS phaser rifle

Comes from https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Mission:_Night_of_the_Comet too. I got a bunch of those years ago on a couple characters, along with the Klingon disruptor pistol.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    At the risk of sounding redundant, I also enjoy the K-13 weapons. I've picked up the Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3 on different characters, and having good performance and a classic visual are fun. I also can't argue with the performance of the Discovery stye phaser rifles, and a few of them are mission-freebies.

I seem to recall the Klingon disruptor pistols look just like the DS9 ones, and several of those are very good, too.

Finally, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Event Reward Section 31 phaser rifle with the beam sweep? Quite impressive, the secondary is an Exploit with a short cooldown, and it just can't help disintegrating the entire room when I use it. I hate S31 and everything it stands for in universe, but...that's a good weapon.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    TOS Phasers all the way, they're slick, have cool sound effects and that blue beam is just a cherry on top, I can't imagine My Temporal Agent using the new fangled 25c weapons, He's still in his 23c uniform trying to return to the 23c, guess you say he's like Samurai Jack since he's also trying to get back to the past.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Personally I use the Type I TOS phaser on my AoY toon when I want to use something other then the Temporal rep dual pistols.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Type IIs that my TOS toon brought foward, and the Thompson.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    Type IIs that my TOS toon brought foward, and the Thompson.

Where you got the TOS Type II? I've found Type I at K-13 but not Type II.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If you are talking canon, obviously the Boolean. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    If you are talking canon, obviously the Boolean. :)

canon - a noun that most commonly refers to an accepted principle or rule that is followed or an authoritative list of books or texts.

cannon - a noun that refers to a giant gun that is usually, though not always, mounted on wheels.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Discovery phaser rifle from lobi store.

And look op: it’s canon.

I feel happy for you now.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    As i understand https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Federation_Type_1_Phaser_(Wide) fully upgraded is still among the highest dps weapons in the game.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    a rock.

it sucks that playable Gorn toons can't equip one as a weapon.
  • tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    The DSC (Discovery) rifle in the Lobi store is considered one of the best ground weapons in the game, DPS wise. I'm partial to the compression phaser pistol also from the Lobi store.
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @spiritborn said:
    > Where you got the TOS Type II? I've found Type I at K-13 but not Type II.

Is your Fleets K13 maxed out? I’ve gotten Type IIs at ours and it’s maxed
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    But those rocks have a hell of a range.

Obviously, some can't appreciate a play on words.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    ltminns wrote: »
    But those rocks have a hell of a range.

And Homing capability.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.