test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1st contact day re-enactment rocket building has a bug

ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
The rocket competition has a bug where you can't deliver parts to the station because the system identifies your colour as a different character.

I was just in one where my character is called T'Hot had a yellow back pack on but where the display shows the names of the other people on the map yellow had Kraken as the name.

When it came to the rockets firing Kraken was on the Map but was assigned a red back pack but and red and green had the same character name nikon.

There were only 5 of us on the map.

got no rewards from the mission but did get a afk penalty.

Thanks Cryptic.
https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    We had this last year also. I don't remember if they fixed it. But I'm not surprised to see it again.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    fKi0Zgn.jpg

8 times I've played this mission this morning and 7 out of those 8 this happens. Only saving grace is it will allow you to adjust parts in the 2nd stage to prevent a AFK ban
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I had this happen to me where I was the clone. I had a pink and a green station, though I was only allowed to drop parts at the green station cause I was wearing the green backpack, though the drop off counted for both stations.

My clone 'won' the launch and I came in second lol.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    It happened to me last year, not this year yet but then again the event just got started...
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    It's happened to me once, and now that I know what to look for I'm seeing someone get assigned 2 colors maybe 50% of the time. If it's really that often then 1 in 10 times you'll be the victim.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    fKi0Zgn.jpg

8 times I've played this mission this morning and 7 out of those 8 this happens. Only saving grace is it will allow you to adjust parts in the 2nd stage to prevent a AFK ban

yup. my 404 Klingon not found did that
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Saw this yesterday and today on Console.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    We had this last year also. I don't remember if they fixed it. But I'm not surprised to see it again.
    I don't recall it happening last year, I've only seen it now.

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Not sure if it relates, but when launching into the TFO, must have the STO window open and active, otherwise I get what feels like an AFK-type penalty where I can't deliver parts and I don't think get any mission completion. I also click Exit on that first dialogue and not let it linger, just in case.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I don't recall it happening last year, I've only seen it now.

It did happen last year, but not very often. It happened to me once during the whole event then, but I already got hit by it today so I suspect it is happening a lot more frequently this year.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I got hit by this twice.. yesterday and today.. i just drop it and did the ground patrol.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    From experience, this bug is largely display in nature. Largely, because the only part that's *NOT* display in nature is actually beneficial (I know a bug that benefits the player; wtf??). If your name isn't on the list, the parts you collect are still contributing to your rocket color. They won't show in the UI when collected, but your rocket will use them. As such, you don't have to keep running back to your table to drop parts off. Just keep collecting until you've got excellent parts for everything.

So, having pointed out how this bug is actually a *GOOD* thing for the player who gets it, I'm sure it'll be fixed by morning. B)

I tried that when it happened to me tonight. It did seem to work, at least I got credit not an AFK.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    hited 16 times today... it's getting worse...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Easy work around... still collect parts... dont need a lot just some. after next stage... do the adjustments for the parts you have. work around done. at end of event you get rewards. since rewards is not based on rocket results... its all the same at the end of the day. this happens to me several times already on several accounts... always get reward at end of event.
  • kemaiku#5456 kemaiku Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    So, yeah, last year this was not much of an issue as it only happened occasionally.

This year it's been nearly every single time I try and play the damn thing. Tonight there were 5 people present, two of them had their names repeated so two of us could not compete at all. Still took an odd piece etc to join in, no marks, slapped with a 30 min AFK pentaly for no reason.

This is beyond a joke, it's unplayable, but at this rate even a minor bug might get fixed in another year or two.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2021
    I had it happen one time yesterday of the two times I tried.

I had someone else name appear in my Purple Backpack.

Yet the person who had two names gave up after seeing there name twice. The funny thing was, there's wobbled a lot on take off then blew up shortly after. All they got was the Uncommon Stabilizer.

While that's all that showed for mine; I remember I had collected a purple of each part. In part because if someone else name shows in your station; well you are never asked to drop off your parts at your Station. I saved a lot of time, also if you get a lower quality part it doesn't pause to say this part was not useful so try again, you just immediately can!

Here's another later on where everybody got fully purple, since people whose names replaced it's easier.
    eUAU6rK.png

Still my Rocket almost won with almost 400 Distance. So if anything if someone else name shows in place of your own, they are actually making it far easier for your Rocket Color to win. Those whose names appear twice, still have to play by the normal rules but it won't impair your ability to in fact WIN so I always try.

Still it be nice if they corrected this; not that winning or loosing makes a difference. Though I do wish they would give accolades for coming First, Second, or Third in the Competition, maybe even a bonus of 25 Marks for First, 20 for Second, and 10 for Third! Or coming or finishing First 5x times should earn a title like Rising Warp Theorist, or Leading Warp Theorist for 25x First Place wins.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    I've seen this twice so far, once to other people, and once where I was the duplicated character.

I also seem to get the First Contact box after every single event I do, even if I've already completed the daily.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2021
    Yea it wards one each day per toon it seems, was that way last year too. So if Fed and collecting badges could earn all faster. Seems that's not changed from last year.
    0zxlclk.png
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Today for the Rocket launch, I had a yellow backpack, but my name was not listed. One name appeared twice, but it was for magenta and green. When I was adjusting parts, I could not interact with the yellow bench, but I could interact with magenta. Neither magenta nor yellow were updated when I got a new part.
This discussion has been closed.