test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auto-Navigate to New Romulus Broken

jedimobiusjedimobius Member Posts: 10 Arc User
I've noticed that auto-navigate to New Romulus doesn't work. The ship might go to full speed in sector space, but does not turn toward the destination at all.

Edit: the other issue I had that I thought was related turned out just to be that since I used an XP bonus pool on my new Romulan faction toon, I got ahead of the episode.
Post edited by jedimobius on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Have you completed the mission where you go around searching for potential colony sites? Until you complete that mission, you have to go to the flotilla for all your needs. Or skip to that mission, complete it, and then you will be able to get your new ship.
  • Options
    jedimobiusjedimobius Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    Have you completed the mission where you go around searching for potential colony sites? Until you complete that mission, you have to go to the flotilla for all your needs. Or skip to that mission, complete it, and then you will be able to get your new ship.

Okay, that makes sense. I guess I should have waited to use my XP bonus pool, lmao.

Then it's just the auto-navigate bug...
  • Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    jedimobius wrote: »
    I've noticed that auto-navigate to New Romulus doesn't work. The ship might go to full speed in sector space, but does not turn toward the destination at all.

When you say 'auto-navigate' do you mean when you transfer to sector space and click your next destination (in this case New Romulus) on your map screen? And your ship moves, but just continues in whatever direction it happens to be pointing in, instead of turning?

If so, it's a long-standing thing I've also experienced occasionally, and not only with New Romulus. After you transfer from the ground map or planetary orbit to sector space, have you tried moving off very slowly and turning your ship manually in any direction first, then select your new destination on the map while you're moving? That usually corrects the 'not turning to your new destination automatically' thing for me.
  • Options
    jedimobius wrote: »

When you say 'auto-navigate' do you mean when you transfer to sector space and click your next destination (in this case New Romulus) on your map screen? And your ship moves, but just continues in whatever direction it happens to be pointing in, instead of turning?

If so, it's a long-standing thing I've also experienced occasionally, and not only with New Romulus. After you transfer from the ground map or planetary orbit to sector space, have you tried moving off very slowly and turning your ship manually in any direction first, then select your new destination on the map while you're moving? That usually corrects the 'not turning to your new destination automatically' thing for me.

^ Yes. I too have noticed this. Particularly with NR.
  • Options
    darkstar#8047 darkstar Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Happens a lot from within the Azure nebula it won't fly to New Romulus at all. I also get this happening when trying to auto navigate to DS9 my ship flies off in a different direction. There is also a problem with the Vault mission for Klingons even after you have been to Q'onos and your next step is the Vault using the transwarp to start location just takes you back to Q'onos. On the Fed side it works fine, but for Klingon you have to fly the slow way there esp when you don't have slipstream yet.
  • Options
    Happens a lot from within the Azure nebula it won't fly to New Romulus at all. I also get this happening when trying to auto navigate to DS9 my ship flies off in a different direction. There is also a problem with the Vault mission for Klingons even after you have been to Q'onos and your next step is the Vault using the transwarp to start location just takes you back to Q'onos. On the Fed side it works fine, but for Klingon you have to fly the slow way there esp when you don't have slipstream yet.

I can confirm this as well. I just played that mission on my recruit yesterday.