test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

game play and my computer shuts off and restarts

joeybehr52joeybehr52 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
I am a problem with the game for the last month whereby I will be playing and then it will restart for some reason. I have no issues with any other games or programs. is there a bug in the game which is causing this? could it be dedos or whatever it is called?

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,021 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Could be your graphics settings are too high. Try reducing them to see of that improves matters.
    Run a force verify first though, and be sure to have on demand patching turned off.

This site maybe of use to you .... https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-computer-restarting-when-playing-games/
  • Options
    joeybehr52joeybehr52 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    Could be your graphics settings are too high. Try reducing them to see of that improves matters.
    Run a force verify first though, and be sure to have on demand patching turned off.

This site maybe of use to you .... https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-computer-restarting-when-playing-games/

I tried the what you suggested and I tried that program but it was a pay for use and that was not great and then I decided to see if it was my computer and I played wow for two hours and not a single issue with that game. no restarts so it is looking like it is something in this game if you were to apply logic.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I would suggest clicking on the Options section on the top of the Star Trek Online launcher, turn off On Demand Patching, check off Force Verify, click Save, and let it patch. If that does not work, try running the game in Safe Mode which is also in that menu and change the graphics settings to what your computer can handle in-game. If that does not work, turn off Lighting 2.0 and only use Lighting 1.0. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.