test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Klingon Recruit "Warrior's Blood" melee challenge not progressing.

sadrielfettsadrielfett Member Posts: 104 Arc User
I was playing through some missions this afternoon and working on my "Warrior's Blood" melee challenge when I noticed that it's been stuck at 69 for the entire day. The only thing I've changed on this toon was completing the "Improve the Bat'leth of Sto'Vo'Kor to Mk XIV" Klingon Recruit challenge by using an Ultimate Upgrade Token to max it out to Mk XV. There's nothing anywhere I know of that says you can't max out the Bat'leth of Sto'Vo'Kor before finishing the "Warrior's Blood" challenge, so I don't know why it's not counting the melee kills. I tried doing melee kills on the ground at Nimbus III and also while playing through the mission "Afterlife." I tried switching toons to no avail. I even logged out of the game entirely to eat dinner and when I came back it still wasn't counting the melee kills for the challenge. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if there's suddenly a bunch of new bugs that are specific to any of the newly created "Klingon Recruit" toons. I also had another bug pop up today that dealt with my Experimental Starship Traits suddenly not working properly, even though they were working just fine the day before. I've posted that info in another discussion thread in this Forum Section.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
--Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."

Comments

• Options
    ross#7236 ross Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    It's not just you. Mine has stopped at 460.
    And the ambush kill has stopped increasing too
  • Options
    ross#7236 wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't even been paying attention to that one. I'll have to see where I'm setting on that when I log in this weekend.
    --Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    That is, indeed, strange... Both of mine continue to work just fine.
    I note that you are using the Bat'leth of Sto'vo'Kor for melee kills - have you tried a different Bat'leth?
    As for Ambush kills, what's the ship?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,522 Arc User
    Have you tried un-equipping the Bat'leth of Sto'vo'Kor and then re-equipping it on your character?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    That is, indeed, strange... Both of mine continue to work just fine.
    I note that you are using the Bat'leth of Sto'vo'Kor for melee kills - have you tried a different Bat'leth?
    As for Ambush kills, what's the ship?

Yep, I tried using the Shard Batleth of Kahless and it still didn't work.
    --Sadriel Fett

• Options
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Have you tried un-equipping the Bat'leth of Sto'vo'Kor and then re-equipping it on your character?

Yep. Didn't have any effect.

--Sadriel Fett

• Options
    ross#7236 wrote: »

I took a look at my stats for the Ambush Kill, when you mentioned this, and apparently that too is stuck at 120 kills. Support just says "it's a known issue." It's always something, I guess.
    --Sadriel Fett

• Options
    Finally got a response from Support for the "Warrior's Blood" ticket I put in.

Customer Support:
    I'm sorry to learn that you are unable to progress with the "Warrior's Blood" melee challenge. Based on the information you provided, this issue appears to be a result of a gameplay bug. Just a soft reminder that we at Customer Support are unable to assist right away with fixing potential bugs or glitches, but rest assured that I have forwarded these details to our development team so they can investigate further. It will also be helpful for you to submit a bug report on the official bug report forum to supplement the information I have already provided them.

It's the exact same "cut and paste" response that I received about the Experimental Upgrade Trait slot bug ticket that I also put in, only with some words swapped out so that it seems like it relates to the "Warrior's Blood" bug. That's pretty lame.
    --Sadriel Fett

• Options
    roguewraith909roguewraith909 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I was wondering why I didn't seem to be getting anywhere, how did you upgrade the Bat'Leth? I don't seem to be able to.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,530 Arc User
    I was wondering why I didn't seem to be getting anywhere, how did you upgrade the Bat'Leth? I don't seem to be able to.

What level are you? For many infinity-symbol items you need to be at endgame-ish because they auto-level up to ... mark 12?

Then you go to upgrade once, it doesn't let you but the mark changes from infinity to 11 or 12. Then you try to upgrade again and it lets you.

That's in general, based on other scaling event rewards and the TOS Connie phasers. My KDF recruit is only at level 13 so far.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    Infinity-items claim, in the "More Details" part of their menu, that they'll switch to Mk XII items when a character reaches level 60.
    There's a small number that only go to Mk XI, and the Replica Thommy-Gun only goes to Mk X.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    roguewraith909roguewraith909 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Ah, that explains it... I'm a slow coach when it comes to leveling up. Working two new KDF characters at once takes time.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if you delete the Bat'leth of Sto'Vo'Kor, are you able to get it back again? I'm convinced this bug started when I went ahead and maxed out the upgrade for this weapon before finishing the melee kills challenge.
    --Sadriel Fett

• Options
    Well, some good news and bad news. I tried my theory to see if it was the Bat'leth of StoVoKor messing up the melee kill count and deleted it from my inventory. The good news is you CAN indeed go to Lt. Q'on in the Great Hall and pick it up again (albeit not fully leveled up) on your Klingon Recruit toon. The bad news is that it was NOT the Bat'leth of StoVoKor being completley maxed out from the upgrade token that's causing the melee kill count bug. I took my reclaimed (lower level) Bat'leth to the warzone on Defera to take out alot of Borg on the ground and not a single one of the kills counted towards the achievement. So, that still sucks. Pretty much at the mercy of the Devs fixing the bug now.

That, however, is not even counting the new "Cloaking" bug that's popped up that keeps you from uncloaking your ship in a TFO after you cloak, so you can't even pursue that particular Klingon Recruit achievement (Hunter's Instinct) now without issues. There's always something...
    --Sadriel Fett