test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NPC difficulty after today's patch

accordvtec77accordvtec77 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
I'm thinking something went wrong with the scaling after todays patch. I was playing with a friend of mine tonight (he was already in combat), and he was complaining that NPC ships were suddenly mopping the floor with him. I went into the badlands to see for myself. He wasn't kidding. I was in the badlands with the same toon/ship/weapons/skills...etc just yesterday, and I had no issues with enemy NPC ships. Now it's a whole different story. They seemed to be doing much more damage than they should (I play on normal and I DID check my settings). It also seems like I'm not doing anywhere near as much damage as I was just yesterday. I noticed it against Voth, and Herald ships, so it wasn't limited to just the badlands. Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    Have you checked your traits, to see if any or all have unslotted.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    eazzie wrote: »
    Have you checked your traits, to see if any or all have unslotted.

Yea something definitely worth checking out, check to ensure Traits are properly slotted.

0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    > @strathkin said:
    > Yea something definitely worth checking out, check to ensure Traits are properly slotted.

All of my starship, personal ground and space traits were all slotted. But what I can try this evening, is to clear them all out and re-slot them...see if that changes anything
  • Options
    neoallerkaneoallerka Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I just ran the patrol I use for benchmarking my DPS (Wanted/Argala System), on Elite, and my numbers were what they usually are. If anything the enemies were doing less damage than usual compared to runs 1-2 weeks ago. I also checked the fights I use for tanking benchmarks (Midnight space battles), and the numbers were typical there too. I re-ran Midnight on Normal and the enemies were doing less than 1/3 as much damage per second to me as on Elite (4.2k vs. 13.8k). On Normal, the enemies in Wanted weren't even doing enough damage to get through my shields, even with my doing literally nothing but auto-firing and using zero skills (3.3k TPS on Elite, .8k on Normal). Even on my KDF recruit with sub-par gear, I haven't noticed a difference in the last couple days, and I just did some stuff in the Badlands this morning. Sorry, I don't think there's anything wrong with the game.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    > @strathkin said:
    > Yea something definitely worth checking out, check to ensure Traits are properly slotted.

All of my starship, personal ground and space traits were all slotted. But what I can try this evening, is to clear them all out and re-slot them...see if that changes anything

Thats good that no traits were unslotted. Be mindful of something like that in the future. Traits do have an issue with unslotting without your knowledge.
  • Options
    > @eazzie said:
    > Thats good that no traits were unslotted. Be mindful of something like that in the future. Traits do have an issue with unslotting without your knowledge.

I’m all too familiar with that issue. Anytime I do a mission that requires me to fly some ship other than my own, all my traits are blanked out afterwards.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    The only time I ever thought that the game seemed a bit more difficult than usual is when it goes 'skills invalid' and forcing a respec. Do that respec and reassign skill points and all should be well.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    > @dirlettia said:
    > The only time I ever thought that the game seemed a bit more difficult than usual is when it goes 'skills invalid' and forcing a respec. Do that respec and reassign skill points and all should be well.

I didn’t see the skills invalid message..but I have so many free respec tokens, I think I’m gonna do that too, just for grins and giggles.
  • Options
    I'll call it a one-day fluke. I came home yesterday and did everything I said I was gonna do. All SEEMS to be back to normal now.