test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Bank not working on new characters.

jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
I realise this isn't actually a bug, just another way for Cryptic to stop you having fun with alts, but please fix it.

Comments

• Options
    jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    Same goes for Events being greyed-out as well. New Federation characters can access all this stuff right off the bat, but anyone else has to wait. Just feels a bit BS-y, y'know?
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    Events, since being added to the Journal and removed from the Reputation, have always required completion of the tutorial.
    This also necessitates choosing an ally for RRF & Dominion characters, and for /TOS/DSC characters to have 'died' at the end of their introductory mission lines.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    jevis2000jevis2000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Account bank is not limited to new characters, I have a level 61 Klingon that did have access and now does not.
  • Options
    The restriction is not tied to level, but to having completed your faction tutorial.
    So, has that level 61 KDF character completed the tutorial?
    If not, you need to replay "Duties of Command" to complete the tutorial (even if you already did it long ago) to regain access to your account bank.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    shadow4fox3shadow4fox3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I have a problem with that.
    1. I have completed the tutorial for my TOS era captain which I keep in the TOS era to get weapons and ship equipment from that era, who had completed the tutorial.
    2. I have a DSC era captain which I keep in the DSC era to get weapons from that era that has also completed the tutorial.
    3. I have a Jem'hadar captain who has completed the tutorial and is on the second main mission relating to the prison planet.

None of them can access the bank account and they cannot redo the tutorial. Heck the DSC captain has no tutorial missions in the episodes list anymore.

So how can I get the bank account access back??
  • Options
    1. I have completed the tutorial for my TOS era captain which I keep in the TOS era to get weapons and ship equipment from that era, who had completed the tutorial.
    2. I have a DSC era captain which I keep in the DSC era to get weapons from that era that has also completed the tutorial.
    We've been trying this out in another thread.
    TOS and DSC era captains get their Account Bank back after they 'die' in "The Battle of Caleb IV" or "Downfall".
    3. I have a Jem'hadar captain who has completed the tutorial and is on the second main mission relating to the prison planet.
    I tested this myself with a newly created Jem'Hadar character and I'm certain I got Bank access after I chose an Ally.
    Unfortunately, I have already deleted the test character so cannot check so easily. However, if you cannot access the Account Bank, you'll likely regain access after completing the mission "Home". (I will check this again for myself later.)
  • Options
    TOS and DSC era captains get their Account Bank back after they 'die' in "The Battle of Caleb IV" or "Downfall".

Well... that kinda screws up the plan of getting era based equipment... because that is why they haven't progressed through the story. because they loose access to that era's equipment, when they 'die' in that time period.
  • Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User

Well... that kinda screws up the plan of getting era based equipment... because that is why they haven't progressed through the story. because they loose access to that era's equipment, when they 'die' in that time period.

I was doing the same, have one TOS character that I kept in that time to get access to TOS weapons. The workaround now is to create a character, load up your inventory with all you can hold, advance to the present time and unload your goods. Delete toon and do it all again if you need more.
  • Options
    wulfemeisterwulfemeister Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have the same issue with my low level Fed characters. They've always had access in the past. Ticket 433719 was opened.
  • Options
    docdutchdocdutch Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I have the same issue with my low level Fed characters. They've always had access in the past. Ticket 433719 was opened.

yeah got the same issue myself level 2 toon that has always had access to the bank (used this toon as my savings bank)
    ticket number 436950
  • Options
    docdutch wrote: »
    yeah got the same issue myself level 2 toon that has always had access to the bank (used this toon as my savings bank)
    ticket number 436950
    Have these characters completed their respective tutorials? If not, that's why you cannot access the Account Bank any more.
  • Options
    No, these are level 1 characters. I've had these characters for years, and have always been able to access the account bank. I opened a ticket with support and they have stated there is a known issue and the devs are working on it.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Have these characters completed their respective tutorials? If not, that's why you cannot access the Account Bank any more.
    No, these are level 1 characters. I've had these characters for years, and have always been able to access the account bank.
    But things have changed and you need to complete the tutorials now to get access to the account bank.
  • Options
    No, these are level 1 characters. I've had these characters for years, and have always been able to access the account bank.
    But things have changed and you need to complete the tutorials now to get access to the account bank.

But if you have already completed the tutorials on a character, then how can you get access to the account bank
  • Options
    If the tutorials are fully completed, then you should have no problems in accessing the account banks.
    If you are still having issues, please do post a screenshot of your "Active" mission journal page, the Episodes page showing that you have completed the tutorial, your species and faction alignment, and I will try to solve your issue for you.
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    If the tutorials are fully completed, then you should have no problems in accessing the account banks.
    If you are still having issues, please do post a screenshot of your "Active" mission journal page, the Episodes page showing that you have completed the tutorial, your species and faction alignment, and I will try to solve your issue for you.

On my new Romulan I wasn't able to access the Account Bank until I hit Level 11 and selected my allegiance.
    Post edited by kaithan1975 on
  • Options
    On my new Romulan I wasn't able to access the Account Bank until I hit Level 11 and selected my allegiance.

Er, ahem:
    This also necessitates choosing an ally for RRF & Dominion characters...
    Said it right at the top of the thread. :wink:
  • Options
    edited March 2021

sorry for not replying sooner. been super busy. but here is the dominion character that has completed the tutorial and is in the beginning of the dominion hur'k story line... and does not have access to the account bank...

https://ibb.co/LQgY1yg

for some annoying reason I was unable to upload the picture normally.

I also have other characters in the same boat, but they are for getting TOS equipment and DSC equipment... and they also have finished the tutorials but still can't access account bank.

And on a side note, this is what I read, and the amusing thing is... it does not say anywhere about account bank being locked... "We're making a change in the game to make Admiralty, Doffing, TFOs and Patrols only available post-tutorial for all factions"
    https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/1359251447330738177
    is where I got that bit of info from.
    Post edited by shadow4fox3 on
  • Options
    ...here is the dominion character that has completed the tutorial and is in the beginning of the dominion hur'k story line... and does not have access to the account bank...

If you are still dependant on Ketracel White, then you won't be granted access to your account bank by Starfleet or the KDF.
    (Go play "Home" and this will fix it.)
    ...you'll likely regain access after completing the mission "Home".
    I also have other characters in the same boat, but they are for getting TOS equipment and DSC equipment... and they also have finished the tutorials but still can't access account bank.
    These characters are in the 23rd Century but your account bank access is only granted by Starfleet of the 25th Century, also as posted previously.

• Options
    ...here is the dominion character that has completed the tutorial and is in the beginning of the dominion hur'k story line... and does not have access to the account bank...

If you are still dependant on Ketracel White, then you won't be granted access to your account bank by Starfleet or the KDF.
    (Go play "Home" and this will fix it.)
    ...you'll likely regain access after completing the mission "Home".

That is funny because I have a federation dominion captain and that is able to access the account bank and that dominion captain hasn't finished the home mission either. It's just the Klingon allied captain that can't.
  • Options
    It's just the Klingon allied captain that can't.
    Weird, indeed.
  • Options
    Yeah. Both dominion characters were made during the last gamma recruit event.
  • Options
    Can someone please let me know where the account bank has changed? I haven't seen any patch notes stating that? If I have to complete the tutorials on my Fed bank alts. I will, I just wanted to be sure.
  • Options
    It was changed back in mid-February.
    There was an announcement made on Twitter drawing attention to the change.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter

Yes, they did make a change! They wanted to prevent people from keeping their toons in the TOS timeline, as it was causing some other issues.

So I'd suggest you finish the TOS missions, and get brought into the current timeline as suggested.
    0zxlclk.png