test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More Fek'lhr please

kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
I love that Fek'lhr has appeared in one of the new episodes, but I just want more. Instead of bringing that lady back, I say desperate times call for desperate measures. They brought Kahless back, aka the Klingons ultimate hero and on the side of goodness, but then why not the opposite? If they could have brought Fek'lhr back, thinking that they could have controlled him...that would have been fantastic.

I do wish that they'd made him a little more disgusting though, because he had a wonderful drippy maw of a mouth in The Next Generation.

Oh and for devilment, no pun intended...you do really wish that someone could have said to Kang after his, "We have no Devil", "What about Fek'lhr then?"
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I am torn between the awesomeness and the stupidity of having Gre'thor abd Sto'vo'kor being actual places and having all myth be absolutely true. If so, I want a mission where we photon torpedo the christian god or something, because why should you only be able to rescue Klingons from literal death? 😂

But on a side not, I really want the cloven hooves in the character editor. I don't remember whether Fek'lhr has them, but the kramp'ihri does.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I always wanted Gre'thor to appear in "Barge Of The Dead", because that was the first time we'd ever even heard of the Cavern of Despair! It also pretty much revealed then that the Klingon afterlife existed, because B'Elanna's mother really had died, which we found out when she spoke to her dad.

It actually makes we wonder why there aren't Klingons dedicated to the evil, like the Pah-wraith cult.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I am torn between the awesomeness and the stupidity of having Gre'thor abd Sto'vo'kor being actual places and having all myth be absolutely true. If so, I want a mission where we photon torpedo the christian god or something, because why should you only be able to rescue Klingons from literal death? 😂

But on a side not, I really want the cloven hooves in the character editor. I don't remember whether Fek'lhr has them, but the kramp'ihri does.

I'm all for it. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    I always wanted Gre'thor to appear in "Barge Of The Dead", because that was the first time we'd ever even heard of the Cavern of Despair! It also pretty much revealed then that the Klingon afterlife existed, because B'Elanna's mother really had died, which we found out when she spoke to her dad.

It actually makes we wonder why there aren't Klingons dedicated to the evil, like the Pah-wraith cult.

The Klingons do not really have concepts of good and evil. They have honour and are similar to the Japanese in this regard.

We have seen, in the TV series and STO, Klingons following dishonourable paths and that is their closest equivalent to being dedicated to "evil"

The Duras family working with the Romulans is an example.
  • Options
    > @fallenkezef#4581 said:
    > The Klingons do not really have concepts of good and evil. They have honour and are similar to the Japanese in this regard.(...)

I'm pretty sure Japanese people hace a concept of good and evil 😉
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    but then why not the opposite? If they could have brought Fek'lhr back, thinking that they could have controlled him...that would have been fantastic.
    I know in many movies/series monks tend to do stupid things, but literally cloning the equivalent of the devil to control him is quite a significant step in stupidity.

Though I wouldn't mind a succu...err, Ravager Boff for... reasons.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

It's not exactly unprecedented as the Wormhole aliens also have their mythological realm in the wormhole. We don't get told if Bajorans go there after death or anything. The ability to store brain patterns after death is also featured in Vulcans so it's not impossible that Klingon brain patterns are sent to an actual Fek'lhr infested Dominion lab somewhere.

We also get at least two Earth based mythological figures (Apollo and Satan) and some sort of possibly working 'Native American' magic in VGR so yeah, a mission to kill Yahweh wouldn't be unprecedented either. Somebody has to make a stand for the first born innocents of Egypt.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I think the whole star trek necromancy thing is horrible and has no place in STO. There is a significant difference between Kahless Reborn and L'Rel Reborn. Kahless was cloned using his DNA and his personality manufactured using a cornucopia of historic data and myth. L'Rel was cloned, but her "soul" was retreived from a mythical place through some middle ages voodoo ritual that involved getting high on smoke. There is nothing scientific, and nothing Star Trek about that.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    garaffe wrote: »
    I think the whole star trek necromancy thing is horrible and has no place in STO. There is a significant difference between Kahless Reborn and L'Rel Reborn. Kahless was cloned using his DNA and his personality manufactured using a cornucopia of historic data and myth. L'Rel was cloned, but her "soul" was retreived from a mythical place through some middle ages voodoo ritual that involved getting high on smoke. There is nothing scientific, and nothing Star Trek about that.

Sure, Star Trek has never used magic to put a disembodied mind back in a revived body before...
    SFS_091.png?pbss=f73d371a-3abf-5248-9858-dac85ebc5f09

Clearly STO is just making things up again.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Star Trek have always had powerful aliens acting like gods and throwing around "magic" and living in their own world... all the way back to The Original Series.

So having the Fek'lhr in their own hellish subspace realm and appearing to primitive klingons of the past as demons isn't that far off.

IMO Gre'thor (and Sto'vo'kor) might be a subspace realm that klingons have managed to attune themself to, and are able to leave a mental imprint of themself inside of, likely due to the walls between the regular space and subspace is thinner around the space sectors near Qonos'. Which allows them to peer into this realm and even enter it shortly when their body and mind attunes to it even more than usual.

And the monks seem to be able to pull these mental imprints out of the subspace realm and into clone bodies, to give them all the memories of the person.

This could also explain why the Gowron we meet seem to be one before he went crazy near the end of his chancellership, it was a mental imprint from before that time.
    And why the clone of Kahless was imperfect, it didn't have a full mental imprint.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    hetairai#8501 hetairai Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    artan42 wrote: »

Yum, Vulcan priestesses...

On topic: I wouldn't mind having Fekh'lhri outfits in-game, they're gorgeous.
  • Options
    imgoingmadimgoingmad Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    God, please no.
    Enough with this mystical mumbo jumbo nonsense.

There's more than enough in the universe going on, there's no need to go down fantasy road....
  • Options
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    Star Trek have always had powerful aliens acting like gods and throwing around "magic" and living in their own world... all the way back to The Original Series.

So having the Fek'lhr in their own hellish subspace realm and appearing to primitive klingons of the past as demons isn't that far off.

IMO Gre'thor (and Sto'vo'kor) might be a subspace realm that klingons have managed to attune themself to, and are able to leave a mental imprint of themself inside of, likely due to the walls between the regular space and subspace is thinner around the space sectors near Qonos'. Which allows them to peer into this realm and even enter it shortly when their body and mind attunes to it even more than usual.

And the monks seem to be able to pull these mental imprints out of the subspace realm and into clone bodies, to give them all the memories of the person.

This could also explain why the Gowron we meet seem to be one before he went crazy near the end of his chancellership, it was a mental imprint from before that time.
    And why the clone of Kahless was imperfect, it didn't have a full mental imprint.

That's basically what I assume. Klingon neural engrams are on a frequency that matches a wormhole to a pocket dimension and when untethered by the body (by death or magic smoke) they go there and see what they want to see. It's hardly any different from other extra-dimensional stuff that littered TNG especially.

It explains why T'Kuvma wants to keep the bodies around, in case the minds come back. And why other Klingons dispose of the bodies, they don't want a Klingon who earnt their afterlife to have to come back.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Yeah, lets drop the time travel stuff and go back to proper serious Trek...
    TOS1x15.png

Back when it was serious hard science.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    imgoingmadimgoingmad Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    imgoingmad wrote: »
    God, please no.
    Enough with this mystical mumbo jumbo nonsense.

There's more than enough in the universe going on, there's no need to go down fantasy road....

like this is any worse than the space vomit we have? the time-travel BS we have? and slew of other odd ball stuff that makes no sense?

sure...this is the one thing that ruins it...not.

Time travel at least is very Sci Fi (to me). I've never encountered time travel in fantasy settings that much. YMMV.

But going to "hell", fighting "the devil" and other such things IMO belong into Neverwinter or similar games.

And, I repeat, the galaxy is big enough, KDF is in civil war, wonder how that turns out. Maybe someone takes advantage of it, maybe the BORG will be back (god knows they could use some love).

I loved the explanation of the Fek'lhri background (Dominion...), but now going down the mystical road again doesn't add up. Or did I miss something?
  • Options
    TOS1x15.png

Mmh, yummy... bottomless, even pig-8.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    [/center]

Mmh, yummy... bottomless, even pig-8.gif​​

I'm reasonably certain it's a male rabbit. Also... a rabbit!

#TASforSTO

• Options
    I'm reasonably certain it's a male rabbit. Also... a rabbit!

You know, one of those traits bothers me much more than the other pig-47.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    vanhyovanhyo Member Posts: 229 Arc User

You are dumb

• Options
    vanhyo wrote: »
    You are dumb

And you fight like a cow!​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User

Sure, Star Trek has never used magic to put a disembodied mind back in a revived body before...

There is a difference between vulcan telepathy and traveling to Klingon Hell to retrieve the soul of a person long dead by throwing some "incense" into a fire and having a drug trip.

We might as well get a universal kit mod "Summon Undead Klingon Warrior".
  • Options

There is a difference between vulcan telepathy and traveling to Klingon Hell to retrieve the soul of a person long dead by throwing some "incense" into a fire and having a drug trip.

No there isn't.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    > @garaffe said:
    > We might as well get a universal kit mod "Summon Undead Klingon Warrior".

Make it so! Goes nicely with the Helltarg.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    lasershadow#9220 lasershadow Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I get the feeling this might be J'mpok's fate to be in control of a Fek'lri Horde that remains outside of Gre'thor and in the game to interact with like the Vaaudwaur or Tholians.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User

Which was stored in Dr McCoy...traveling to the "afterlife" to recover it is a little different
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User

No there isn't.

One is like reviving a dead body on a operating table after they just died moments ago and the other is like going to a graveyard and resurrecting a friend....they're totally different things.
This discussion has been closed.