What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please Clarify Event Reward

snowpiercer#1188 snowpiercer Member Posts: 79 Arc User
There is much discussion in-game about Option 3:
Option 3:

Two 100% off Coupons for Tier 6 Ships in the Zen Store
Once per account.

Does this option unlock the ships across the account for all toons? Because stating "Once per account" would be unnecessary unless they were NOT account unlocks. Two coupons is two coupons. Claiming it more than once by default makes it more than two.

It would be more clear to say:
Option 3:

Two 100% off Coupons for Tier 6 Ships in the Zen Store, providing account unlocks for two ships.

or:
Option 3:

Two 100% off Coupons for Tier 6 Ships in the Zen Store, two ships total, no account unlock.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    ALL zen store ships are account unlocks. So "yes".

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • snowpiercer#1188 snowpiercer Member Posts: 79 Arc User

But this is not true. The T5 Zen Store ship given at level 61 is not account unlocked.

If this is the case, it needs to be re-worded because right now, it is ambiguous.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The wording is perfectly fine as it is.

If it didn't say 'once per account' someone else would be starting this same exact thread asking if every character on their account can claim 2 free ships.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    The once per account is how many times you can claim the prize.
    One toon can claim it, but two cannot.

I would think this obvious since they are coupons. Who would think they could get an endless supply of Z-Store ships for free? Just delete a toon, make another, get two ships?

Thanks.
    edited March 2021
    The wording is perfectly fine as it is.

If it didn't say 'once per account' someone else would be starting this same exact thread asking if every character on their account can claim 2 free ships.

Which, as I have explained, would be idiotic.

My main point was, it doesn't say they would be account unlocks. Z-Store ships aren't ALWAYS unlocks.

I would think this obvious since they are coupons. Who would think they could get an endless supply of Z-Store ships for free? Just delete a toon, make another, get two ships?

Thanks.

I rarely defend Cryptic in their wordings.. believe me.. but this is where the problem exists.

Yes, it's obvious to you and to me.. but not to someone else. Just like to me, the current wording is clear and obvious and to you it's ambiguous. Are either of us right? Nope.. we just simply have a different perception.

There is really no way they can put it so that absolutely everyone understands it.. I think this is one of those things where Cryptic just has to do the best they can. :smile:

Thanks.

I rarely defend Cryptic in their wordings.. believe me.. but this is where the problem exists.

Yes, it's obvious to you and to me.. but not to someone else. Just like to me, the current wording is clear and obvious and to you it's ambiguous. Are either of us right? Nope.. we just simply have a different perception.

There is really no way they can put it so that absolutely everyone understands it.. I think this is one of those things where Cryptic just has to do the best they can. :smile:

The ways I presented it would be obvious to anyone.

Cryptic has a history of this wording issue. Like when they say a game item "reduces cooldown by 100%". This actually means there will be zero cooldown, but what it should say is "reduces cooldown by 50%".
    The ways I presented it would be obvious to anyone.

Respectfully disagreed.

Yes, we could go into tons of examples of poor wording and ambiguous descriptions in Star Trek Online.. that thread would go on for years. :lol:

With stuff like this though, people read things differently. To me, the current description is clear as day.. to you it's not. As clear as your proposed revision is (it is a good proposal) I guarantee you someone out there would read it and not understand it.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    also the free T6 zen store ship does not include ships in Mudd's store. just the regular T6 ships.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2021

But this is not true. The T5 Zen Store ship given at level 61 is not account unlocked.

If this is the case, it needs to be re-worded because right now, it is ambiguous.

This is untrue, it's only the Jem that get a T5U Ship, that is only claimable for the Character.

The T5 Ship I got from the coupon from the recent Anniversary was an account-unlock.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    also the free T6 zen store ship does not include ships in Mudd's store. just the regular T6 ships.

Yes good point, as perhaps some new players don't realize this.
    0zxlclk.png
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2021

Thanks.

Im not sure why someone would think that, but than again your asking if c-store unlocked ships are character or account when we've never had a c-store ship (purchasable or couponed) be character only soooooooooooooooo....
This discussion has been closed.