test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,908 Arc User
    kara: yeah.... this place feels so wrong.... but not to change topics so suddenly but... how did you get turned and are you handling it ok? being a vampire isnt easy and being one born of my potency is even harder.... *she says starting to walk farther in.*

kate: uuuuh dont worry about it.

lythe: are any of you hungry? *she seems to be wearing simple cloths and an apron on.*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,222 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Janri: I... *She sighs as she walks alongside Kara* I'll tell you. So me and Val came here to investigate the cult, we checked out the hospital after getting sucked into a hellscape, I was captured by a monster and taken to the source of that specific hellscape, a Dark Fascimile of Valendria. She... tortured me, did things to me. It wasn't that long in real time but she made it feel like years. Val came to the rescue but the evil version of her turned me to taunt her. I... lost my will power at first. The transformation was so traumatic, I could scarcely believe the pain I was experiencing. And then I was forced to obey her every command. Took all of my being to resist and I was barely saved before it went even further, though that's how Val wound up dying.

In terms of how I feel and am dealing with it? Well the blood lust is very difficult, if it wasn't for her death I'd have gone crazy from how starving I felt. All my senses are so much stronger, its overwhelming. I feel different. And... I feel... "needier" *She rubs her legs together and blushes* If you know what I mean. Its... a lot to take in. If it wasn't for having something to focus on I'd be in worse shape.

I know some of that is probably more than you asked for, but I thought you should know the context of her death.

Nexa: Sure, I'd love some food. I didn't know you could cook Lythe. *She looks curious*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,160 Arc User
    Donovan: yeah, don't need to get upset so quick
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    kara: yeah thats a lot to take in... and yeah i think i get what you mean. *she reacts a llot more casually then normal more due to her being a mother of multiple kids and her age.* heres hoping i can bring valendria back otherwise i'll have to teach you about being a vampire.

lythe: i know some basics from what ive read but i figured i could learn more as i go. is there anything specific you both want?

kate: im not very picky.

*in the holodeck on k-13*

cerys: *slowly lifts her head waking up from the deep sleep she was in.* well.... that was nice. *she says letting out a yawn.*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Janri: I hope so too. Not just for the vampire thing, but I also care deeply about Val as well. I'm not as close to her as my daughter is... but still. And I'd still appreciate any advice on my vampirism you could give me. *she gives a soft smile, trying to distract herself*

Oh... before we enter a hellscape I should warn you. They seem to manifest monsters based on us. Our fears. Our regrets. Our repressed emotions... I've seen everything from that um... lustful creature you saw in Val's memories that trapped me, to these hulking behemoths with fake versions of Nexa crying out for death. I don't know what we'll find in there.

Nexa: Angel hair pasta and chicken? That shouldn't be too hard. If you need help I can try my best.

Henha: *She makes a soft sleepy noise, her head resting on Cerys' shoulder from her sleep as she slowly opens her eyes* Oh... it felt like we slept for a while. But it felt good to relax.

Kinkoshi: you're infuriating.
  • Options
    kara: yeah i remember seeing those weird creatures, well no point in worrying about what we might face in there. *she keeps walking* and if you want some help on handling the vampirism id be willing.

lythe: i should be ok this will only take a moment.

cerys: that it did. i feel well rested. *she says stretching.* i have no idea how long we've been out.
  • Options
    Janri: Well.. how often should I be feeding? I feel like I'm always "hungry" now. Like the blood helps, but it doesn't feel like the hunger goes away. *As they get closer to the edge of the town, a hotel next to the outskirts facing the lake feels like reality is especially warped there, its likely the easiest hellscape that's close to them that they can enter*

Nexa: Thank you Lythe. For everything. *Nexa looks curious about something and she gets up to go to the replicator before coming back to Kate holding something behind her back.* Hey Kate... wanna play? *She pulls out a stick with a fish on a string, bouncing it in front of her face*

Henha: I think we slept late. *She starts to lift her head off of Cerys, blushing a little* I hope it was alright, me sleeping like that.
  • Options
    kara: with how young you are you will need a lot. *she says moving to the hotel*

kate: *makes a small playful meowing sound as she bats at the toy trying to snatch the fish as she jumps.*

cerys: it's fine, it was actually rather nice.... *she gives a warm smile.* i could go for a good meal, if you'd like to accompany me?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Janri: Well I was hoping for like a recommended schedule of when I should be drinking blood so I don't go... feral I guess the term is? *It starts to get foggy as they get close to it, and Kara can sense they've slipped into another layer of reality, though its not the same one as the hellscape, though she can feel monsters in here they are few in number in the fog world* And its just like last time...

*Nexa giggles, clearly enjoying the act as playing with Kate really melts away her worries. She moves and bounces the fish just right to barely keep it away from her, Kate able to bat it but having a hard time actually grabbing it*

Henha: I'm glad you enjoyed it. *She relaxes seeing that smile and nods giving one of her own* I'd love to. Maybe I could help show you some of the food from here.
  • Options
    Donovan: How so?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    Kara: *looks around* huh.... well basically try not to go a few days with out feeding, especially if you’re using some vampiric abilities. You being a fledgling will need to feed a lot more often and learn to control yourself around spilled blood. *she walks farther pulling out her pistol.*

Kate: *jumps trying to get the fish making small mews and grunts as she does*

Cerys: that would be great. *she says getting up and fully stretching.* oh my I was quite relaxed... this has to be the best sleep I’ve had in years.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Janri: I guess I can probably get blood packs from the station or something like that. *she pulls out her mace, activating it. Once they both enter the hotel and close the door behind them, a familiar siren sounds around them, Kara would've heard it in Nexa's memory. As the siren plays everything begins to peel away around them, revealing a rusted, warped metal appearance on many of the walls and objects. Now in a proper hellscape there's many more monsters and they're likely ripe for having their souls taken. not every monster seems to be created from a soul, but most seem to be. Though there seems to be a very dangerous presence here as well, something ominous moving around that both Kara and Janri can sense. And for Kara this feels different than when she was in Nexa's memories, the dread and other sensations are much stronger within an actual hellscape*

*Nexa is careful so that Kate doesn't actually bump into anything but she enjoys seeing her go for it. Eventually she let's Kate catch the fish*

Henha: I'm happy I was such good company. *she gets up alongside her, doing her own stretching* Maybe we should do this again sometime, I'd rather you get sleep like this more often.
  • Options
    Kara: this looks kinda similar to one of the places I was in when I helped nexa originally... * she starts to set some stuff up near the entrance.* I’ve gotta get some stuff ready real quick, could you watch out for any hostiles?

Kate: *catches the fish toy in her mouth letting out a Victoria mew.*

Lythe: *walks out with the food.* foods ready.

Cerys: I’d like that.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Janri: I'll do my best. *she nods to Kara, gripping her mace tighter in her hands, watching and looking around the small lobby. The hallways are fairly big, and they can hear things shuffling around but it seems they haven't been noticed yet.* The one I was in last time was all frozen over. This is different... feels more uncomfortable.

Nexa: Perfect timing. *she smiles brightly, feeling like she could die from the cuteness. She gives Kate an affectionate headpat then looks over to Lythe, checking out the food* How'd it turn out?

Henha: We could actually eat here, or in your quarters if you wanted to, which would mean we wouldn't really have to change if you want to keep these on. Though of course we could also change before heading out.
  • Options
    Kara: *draws a few symbols in the ground and chants something as it starts to glow* well my guess is these places are perversions of real life and the creatures inside them twisted reflections of a persons inner most demons or repression of multiple things. Anyway let’s go and find some shall we?

Kate: *happily purrs*

Lythe: *looks down at it.* it is... edible.... perhaps.... .*the food doesn’t look bad but some of the flavoring and smells do seem a bit off.* I may have missed some ingredients.

Cerys: this does seem like a good lounge day. Unless you have other things to do I wouldn’t mind just staying here and enjoying this spa.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Janri: I'm ready when you are... *she grips the handle even tighter, a bit nervous about what they might see. The hallway to the right has a Marty distracted, a pile of debris and furniture is blocking its way and its picking at it. Kara gets glimpses of the fake Nexa attached to it, perpetually crying tears of blood. Other than that a Needle crawls on the ceiling near it.*

*The other hallway has a few scattered creatures but some of the doors are open. One of the feminine monsters crawls around, avoiding the others as best it can, while a different lumbering creature stalks that hallway. This new creature appears to be 2 women sewn to each other's backs, one massively tall and Amazonian with massive metal clubs strapped to her arms moving sort of like a gorilla, while the other is quite a bit smaller, it's arms bound together in front of the other's face. The skin on them is ragged, not torn but it looks worn from some form of torture, a handful of gashes here and there, some of the bindings on its body seem like those one would use on a beast of burden, their eyes covered with cloth. Their body shapes are vaguely familiar to Kara*

Nexa: I'm sure it will be fine. *she gives her a reassuring smile. She takes her plate from Lythe and looks at it, she can tell there's something off with it but she doesn't seem to mind, she's very hungry after everything that's happened and she'll take any food*

Henha: Staying here sounds lovely. And I'm pretty much free all day. We can replicate food wherever, but there is a small dining area as part of the spa. *she points towards a special benched area with a beautiful parasol attached to a table generally the area looks very relaxed*

Kinkoshi: I'm not going to dignify that with an answer. Do you want me to teach you or not?
    Post edited by westx211 on
  • Options
    Donovan: in a bit. I'm just gonna walk around for awhile. Maybe I'll get a chance to see who I've been waiting to see.
  • Options
    Kara: so are all of these things tortured souls? There must be some sort of hierarchy to them too.

Kate: *starts to eat not bothered by the off tast of it*

Lythe: well at least it’s edible...

Cerys: ooh... I definitely needed this after the things I’ve been thru these past few years.....
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Janri: I'm not exactly an expert on the ins and outs of souls here... Nexa probably knows more than I do. But what I've noticed is that there's some sort of hierarchy. The um... feminine ones that only seem to want one thing seem to be at the bottom, I've noticed most of the other monsters try to kill them. Some of the monsters seem to dislike each other as well but I'm unsure if there's ranking for stuff like the big one with the fake Nexa on it. And I'm assuming that the hellscapes tend to have a "big one" in charge of them all, but I've only seen the one, the Dark Valendria so to speak, but she was definitely leagues above the others. *Kara did see another big monster as the source of a hellscape in Nexa's memory, leading credence to this theory*

*A hellscape is not guaranteed to have a "source" monster, but they are the ones on top of the totem pole outside of special cases*

*Not every creature is a tortured soul, some of them are just monsters. The more humanoid ones appear to be tortured souls, while things with more animal or beast like appearances seem to just be creations of the hellscape. The fake Nexa's have especially juicy souls, being the absolute most human monsters they've seen. Though the Beast of Burden(the 2 women stitched together) also has 2 joined souls*

Nexa: Maybe when all this is over I could help teach you more about cooking. *she eats her food, finding it to be alright as she really enjoys the pasta even like this*

Henha: I know you don't like to talk about what's happened... *As they get to the table she puts a comforting hand on Cerys shoulder* But things are different now. *she smiles again* And I'll try to make sure that you always have a way to relax like this.

Kinkoshi: Really? All that and you're just going to go for a walk? Alright, just ask the computer where I am when you feel like learning.
  • Options
    Kara: well at least this way they won’t suffer anymore. And there is some sort of “big one” here... well anyway. *she thinks for a moment* hey come get some f*kers! *she yells projecting her voice as a lure to get them closer to the symbol.*

Lythe: if time permits I suppose.

Cerys: it’s nice to be able to every once I awhile
  • Options
    Janri: So how does getting their souls work? Do we just kill them near the symbol? *she readies herself*

*The first one to come towards them is the Martyr, roaring as it begins to charge towards them, reading its scythe arm for a swipe, though 2 needlers are following behind it*

*The Beast of Burden begins to stumble in their direction, Kara can tell it should be much faster but is moving slower on purpose.*

Nexa: So... Lythe, do you have like full on telepathy? I noticed you seemed to know what kind of stuff I was thinking about while you were sleeping. I'm a bit curious.

Henha: *she sits down and starts messing with a built in console bringing up pictures of food* So what kind of food do you like? Thanks to some people like Oculus, we actually have a fair amount of options from your galaxy, but we can pick just about anything from here as well.
  • Options
    Kara: in a way yeah. It will trap their soul in a gem that we can later use for the other me. *she says firing her gun at the needles and martyr. The hand cannon sounding much like a bolter with its heavy caliber rounds*

Lythe: well yes I do, have I offended in anyway?

Cerys: I don’t really know so I’ll just go with your choice.
  • Options
    Janri: Alright then. Doesn't sound too hard. *The Martyr roars in pain but is able to take 2 rounds without stopping though it does falter. One of the needlers is killed instantly, while the other has its body smashed by Janri, her mace practically causing its body to turn into giblets where she hit it*

*The Beast of Burden is getting closer and closer, using its metal clubs to shield itself if it gets shot at*

Nexa: No, it's okay Lythe. I was just wondering. *she blushes deeply suddenly reconsidering thoughts she may or may not have had in the past about Lythe*

Henha: Sushi is always good. *she replicates a few different sampler platters with things like Burger sliders, various sushis, fried rice and various meats, giving a fairly wide range of flavors* Personally I tend to prefer earth foods. Funny since I'm an alien and not a human.
  • Options
    Donovan: alright. If you wanna learn about my hellish homeland, you can ask about that too.
  • Options
    kara: *yells as she pulls out another pistol exactly like the jackal but silver, she alternates the firing from the two in full auto like rapid succession spraying the area in front of her with a hail of explosive rounds.*

lythe: if you were wondering yes i do know about those thoughts.

cerys: well this does look and smell very good. *she takes a full plate of various samples and starts in on them.*
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    *The Beast of Burden's metal clubs are able to resist the damage from the explosives but its body is vulnerable where it can't block. Janri goes to attack it but she gets knocked back with a heavy smash from the creature, going sprawling while the others die off*

Nexa: Eeep! *She lets out a squeak blushing even more* S-sorry.

Henha: There's plenty more to try later, including some dessert, but we can't possibly try everything in one sitting. Maybe for our next meal we can try some other stuff. *She starts to nibble on a slider herself, making cute noises as she eats*

Kinkoshi: I would like to know more about it.
    Post edited by westx211 on
  • Options
    Kara: damnit! *she puts her two pistols away and pulls out a large two handed axe with a hammer head on the other side of the axe blade. She lets out a yell as she bares down a thunderous smash that would be painful even if it were to block*

Lythe: you were surprisingly accurate with my features.

Kate: *doesn’t really seem to be paying attention*

Cerys: that would be nice.
  • Options
    Janri: *She slowly gets up, winded and a bit bruised from the smack but not horribly damaged, though she does cough up a little bit of blood* Sorry... Never been much of a fighter, *She grunts as she uses the mace to get herself up*

*The Beast blocks it but is pushed back, its harm making a crack sound as if its bones broke from the force of the impact. It moves to swing at Kara with its other arm, proving much faster than it looks with the speed its arms can flail but mid swing Janri cries out, moving to swing at the creature despite her sloppy stance from being hit, mid swing her mace becomes covered in ice, the sharp crystals burying into the side of the Beast of Burden and gouging out a chunk, leaving a frozen patch on its body. Janri's hands are freezing up as well causing her quite a bit of pain but the Beast is now open for Kara*

Nexa: *She appears very flustered* Well I just um... I'm really good at remembering finer details that I really enjoy and you're very beautiful.

Henha: Meanwhile... I've got a question for you. What kind of stuff do you do for entertainment? I know there are some holoshows and stuff back where you come from, but what do you like to do for fun? *She looks happy to get to know Cerys better*
  • Options
    kara: *does a three hit combo with the final one cracking down on the icy parts of it.*

lythe: you know you're taken already correct? would you like it if your beloved were to lust after others?

cerys: honestly im not really sure. ive never really been one for "fun"
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    *The beast falls over, its flesh rended and shattered from the attack, well and truly dead as Kara can sense*

Janri: I guess some of these things are tougher with you around. *She shrugs, rubbing her hands to get the ice off* Hey... what the hell is this ice stuff? I felt the need to protect you from that attack and all of a sudden stuff started getting so cold on my hands...

Nexa: I know I'm already taken Lythe. I had those thoughts in the past. Lately all I've been able to think about is Val. I wouldn't dare hurt her. And honestly I'm not sure. I feel... well us Orions have a bit of a different culture... *She rubs the back of her neck* We're a bit more open with some feelings like that. *She seems lost in thought for the moment*

Henha: You've never done anything to just pass the time? Studying counts too. Maybe I should introduce you to some of the entertainment around here. Maybe not for fun... but I think it would be a good experience if you're interested.