test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tower Control?

colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 2,200 Arc User
So, I'm still leveling my new Klingon. I've basically been just making my way through the story arcs, so he's now L34, a Captain flying a Tier 6 ship.

I come to the Tower Control mission, and what do I find? Gigantic fleets of Voth ships that INSTANTLY kill him. Between the more or less continuous tachyon beams (meaning NO shields), the constantly invulnerable enemies, and FAW beam attacks that do tens of thousands of damage per hit... there's simply no way to do ANYTHING to them. I can't even get through a single fire cycle before my ship is dead. I launch photon torpedoes and I'm dead before they hit their target. I get that this is supposed to be group content, but the enemies are firing FAW attacks that hit everyone, so even if I were to team with a group, I'd be dead instantly and getting nowhere.

This makes me wonder... what's going on? Did they not make this mission viable to players at all levels? I mean, my main did this mission some time ago, but he was already at maximum level. My new Klingon is L34, and is ENTIRELY incapable of doing the mission.

This can't be working as intended...
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    Yeah, like somtaawkhar mentioned, Dyson Sphere is for level 50+ and doesn't scale. Just ignore anything there until later, I don't think you even need to hit 'Skip', just do the next set of missions instead.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    Personally what I did was wait under cloak until other higher level players came about then hit just enough mobs to register the mission then leave ASAP.

It's possible to do that at lower level hard but possible you just have to be patient about it and not engage the mobs until their attention is not on you.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Tower Control is buggy anyway, but as said, you have to wait. Skip the Dyson Sphere stuff entirely until you're 50+ because it doesn't scale you up. The missions like Surface Tension you should be okay to do as they should scale to you, but the open world sphere stuff just skip for now.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    I did that no problem at all in my Kor BoP. Just find a tower with other players and do a cannon scatter volley to get a hit on each of the enemies and you get the credit when the other players kill them.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Hrm.
    Just did that patrol mission in the Delta Quadrant as part of the mission chain there, the Nular system one where you help the Romulans raid a bunch of Vauwaar ships.

So, the first several groups are fine, but the last battle is idiotic. I seem to remember it being idiotic even on my max level character, as dozens and dozens and dozens of Vaudwaar warp in, and spam those blue artillery things around you continuously until you're dead. Seriously, they just never stop, there's literally no way to survive the nonstop barrage.

Not sure how they thing that's balanced...

Yeah I just did that one myself. It is pretty absurd combining the new wave mechanics with Vaudwaar's AOE barrages. I managed to survive it just fine, but only because I was in a tanky build, and running it on normal.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Reverse Shield Polarity may help with survivability as well as those are energy attacks. If I get locked down or can't escape the AoE, I pop RSP and let them feed my shields.

As for Tower Control... I believe its meant that those towers are supposed to be a group effort. So I'd wait to see one or two other players working on a tower or going towards a tower before going in.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    I try to avoid that patrol like the plague myself.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.