test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[BUG] Ticket: 419795: Cloak sometimes jams

Cloaking (possibly only Battle Cloak) sometimes jams into permanently cloaked - clicking on the cloak button in the skills tray cannot disengage cloak (popup dialogue screens + exiting area etc can decloak and fix the bug - but this is just a work around fix).

The bug happens randomly occasionally when switching cloak on and off (maybe clicking the cloak button too fast causes it).

Comments

• iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    also grabbing loot or interactions(deploy mines in Swarm, or repair satellite)... I've only been flying with battle cloak ships for the recruit and this has happened on all of them.
  • n1ghtshad0w22n1ghtshad0w22 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Info for devs:

They screwed something up (Around the time KDF recruit thing happened) on cloak device and now you're often perma stuck in cloak. This used to happen for years but a solution was to rapidly spam the cloak icon and it usually unbugged itself.

Recently the devs have apparently changed how cloak works and now you cant even instantly decloak once you cloak up but have to wait like 3~5 seconds. So consequently the rapid spamming of cloak to make yourself unstuck is now impossible.

The only solution I know if is to use Obfuscation Screen console, which has a 2 minute timer on it. Very nice... All cloak ships bugged right as the KDF recruit is on.

This can't be a coincidence this cloaking device change has happened right around KDF recruit with cloak mechanics/perks/traits.

Please revert whatever change you did so we can 'unstuck' ourselfs with the rapid spamming cloak trick, or if you can't mange to fix it, give us some way (keybind?) to force uncloak?
  • alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    I had this happen for the first time today, pretty annoying.
  • n1ghtshad0w22n1ghtshad0w22 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Umm.. guys? This is happening to me like 10/20 times a day.

Can a dev look into it? Related to EBC? Something changed since KDF recruit. Please check the backlogs on what code you've changed?

This is happening on a very very expensive T'liss. (And I own two of them)
  • hylia#6092 hylia Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Yup im getting that on certain ships to