test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

KDF Level 11 Intial Duty Officer Cadre not Rewarding

tek#2957 tek Member Posts: 40 Arc User
If you accept the hail in space instead of speaking to the Lt. At Klingon Academy then the Initial DOFFs will not be rewarded.

I know of no way to fix this.

Comments

• Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Doesn't matter, it's just a random bug. I've always have done mine from space with no problem.
  • Options
    It's been around for ages now, that bug.
    I've contacted support on multiple occasions, with the same result each time (pretty much).
    Them being "unable" (which i highly doubt - but that's just me) to help.
    They'll just tell you to submit a bug report and post stuff on the forum.
    But THAT'S not gonna magically create doffs in my pocket, does it?
  • Options
    kwmcub8kwmcub8 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Yeah they just told me the same bs. I came over here and posted a bug report, cause they said to post a new one. Now I can't even find it. Seriously this is some grade a bs!
  • Options
    senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,255 Arc User
    tek#2957 wrote: »
    If you accept the hail in space instead of speaking to the Lt. At Klingon Academy then the Initial DOFFs will not be rewarded.

Same issue just started new event kdf and ran into it.
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • Options
    When I hit Level 16 they dropped into my roster. Keep in mind, Level 16 includes no rewards. Others have reported Level 21.
  • Options
    terrafirma2012terrafirma2012 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I am level 16 and I have yet to receive KDF initial doffs (level 11). I was at First City when S'stas just pop and completed quest without the award. I'm posting here because support said that it did not have a solution and encourage posting here. :neutral:
  • Options
    valetharvalethar Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Send a ticket to support. Be sure to include your @Handle and character name, and explain that you didn't get the initial DOFF cadre. What they appear to be doing is crediting accounts with 200 Zen so you can buy a set from the store.

The CSR acknowledged the bug, and that the Devs are looking into it.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Any resolution to this? I just got this bug. Level 12 and no doffs
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,018 Arc User
    I figured I'd share my experience here for the information it provides.
    • My Klingon recruit reached level 11 and was hailed by S'stas as I expected.
    • This mission can now be turned in remotely, but S'stas specifically asks us to visit him.
      ("Come see me at the Academy when you have an opportunity.")
    • I beamed to Klingon Academy and spoke with S'stas.
      I was given the expected 20 duty officers.

I'm not sure if this bug where some get and some don't get the duty officers is tied to it being collected remotely or by visiting S'stas. But hopefully, this information can help trace the issue.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    neowolfenneowolfen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    tek#2957 wrote: »

I've also had this multiple times, enough so that I can confirm it doesn't happen IF you are at the klingon academy. It seems to ONLY happen if you are anywhere else (i.e in Space) and even then only "sometimes" as I've also had KDF characters that got thier intial DOFF cadre just fine.

Just to clarify too when it does happen and it doesn't reward them there is literally no way to recover them and the only way to get ANY doffs for that character at all from that point is by spending the dilithium (if they have any at that point) and doing the recruitment missions from the Academy.
    Ser Alathor Crownguard, Cwelenas Alenuath, Dwarin Stonefist, Danaerys Hellborn
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,018 Arc User
    neowolfen wrote: »
    ...the only way to get ANY doffs for that character at all from that point is by spending the dilithium (if they have any at that point) and doing the recruitment missions from the Academy.
    There are 5 recruitment missions at the Academy - four of them have no dilithium requirement.
    (The 6th R&D one mainly just rewards crafting materials, although it has a chance at awarding a Duty Officer.)
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    at level 18 just now I was standing beside the academy officer and was able to collect new duty officers from him. Unfortunately this is only 2 or 3 officers. The initial 20 are worth well over 5 million ec right now. If you get any of the desired ones it can be much more.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    neowolfenneowolfen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    neowolfen wrote: »
    ...the only way to get ANY doffs for that character at all from that point is by spending the dilithium (if they have any at that point) and doing the recruitment missions from the Academy.
    There are 5 recruitment missions at the Academy - four of them have no dilithium requirement.
    (The 6th R&D one mainly just rewards crafting materials, although it has a chance at awarding a Duty Officer.)

And 4 of those five only give TWO doffs and one a Pack of Doffs (general recruitment). If you didn't get your intial Doffs, your looking at least a day before those recruitments complete to get ANY.. so yeah, still an issue that needs fixing ;)
    Ser Alathor Crownguard, Cwelenas Alenuath, Dwarin Stonefist, Danaerys Hellborn
  • Options
    edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    I had this issue on my new KDF Recruit char, but ultimately I had more then enough doff packs from lockboxes to fill out my roster even without it. Note that the R&D recruit doff job (I think) has a chance of giving an Aegis R&D doff.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    My DOFF pack appeared at Level 16 at Random. Other reports have said around level 20.