test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some questions on KDF Discovery Captains

robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 129 Arc User
I'm a console player and I have some questions about making Discovery Klingons Captains. Aside from the visual customization is there anything about them that makes them stand out? Like on the captain selection screen, does the captain's crew pose with the gear that Discovery Klingons carry. Do they get different effects when they use the transporter?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    nope nope and nope. Cosmetic only
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    nope nope and nope. Cosmetic only

Pretty much Cosmetic. Its not a subfaction like the DSC Feds. Its just a subspecies of Klingon in normal KDF. No special animations or traits.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    How about that KOR Uniform, the gold looking one. Is that exclusive for new KDF Captains only or is that outfit available to all KDF captains?
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    How about that KOR Uniform, the gold looking one. Is that exclusive for new KDF Captains only or is that outfit available to all KDF captains?

All KDF
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    And worst of all, no new tutorial experience, despite what the blog announcing them said: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483173-become-a-klingon-warrior-of-2255!
    When Matriarch J'ula traveled forward in time to 2411, she brought with her a seemingly endless array of Klingon Warriors from her era. Many of these Klingons fought and died, first for J'Ula, then for the Mad Aakar. But many did not. Upon finding themselves in a new century, they chose to see what this new Empire could offer them, defecting to become a part of the Klingon Defense Force. Even when the Klingon Empire was shattered, many loyal soldiers stayed, fighting alongside their fellow Warriors of this century. Now, it is up to you to tell their tale.
    [...]
    What will this timelost Warrior think of 2411?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    sftricksftrick Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    That blog entry seemed to me to imply that there wouldn't be a new tutorial (with its "it is up to you to tell their tale") -- which was, of course, later confirmed prior to the event's launch. I'm not sure what part of that made you think there would be.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Not only is there no unique starting experience, and no unique gear/animations, but they also told an "untruth" (let's be nice) and said that the disco KDF species got a EXCLUSIVE uniform:
    This type of Klingon will be a new race option upon creating a KDF character, and will come with a brand new outfit exclusive to this race.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483173-become-a-klingon-warrior-of-2255!

But nope, the uniform is available to all KDF species, old and new.

Which is actually fine by me, because "space barbie". But it's still yet another example of something they said not actually being true.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    Not only is there no unique starting experience, and no unique gear/animations, but they also told an "untruth" (let's be nice) and said that the disco KDF species got a EXCLUSIVE uniform:
    This type of Klingon will be a new race option upon creating a KDF character, and will come with a brand new outfit exclusive to this race.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483173-become-a-klingon-warrior-of-2255!

Which is actually fine by me, because "space barbie". But it's still yet another example of something they said not actually being true.

if that's the case, where can I get that klingon outfit?
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

if that's the case, where can I get that klingon outfit?

It was automatically added to all of my other options in the tailor for all of my KDF faction characters and their boffs. The parts have the name Mokai in them.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    sftrick wrote: »
    That blog entry seemed to me to imply that there wouldn't be a new tutorial (with its "it is up to you to tell their tale") -- which was, of course, later confirmed prior to the event's launch. I'm not sure what part of that made you think there would be.
    Well, if you ignore the rest of the quote, I can see why you don't see this.

You can start by the mention of them appearing in 2411, while the normal tutorial for the other main factions happens in 2409.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
This discussion has been closed.