test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you kidding me?!?! [Daily "Bug-fix"]

mckyrrosimckyrrosi Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Okay.. I get that maybe they want to limit the amount of Dil that can be farmed, or maybe want players to explore new/old areas, or increase the "work" that it takes to get your daily credit towards the T6

BUT

With the amount of characters that people need to make for events/factions over the years [Delta event, KDF recruitment, Jem'Hadar, Romulan intro, initial Fed/KDF- and BRAND NEW KDF character with NO slipstreams - people can easily have 5,6,... 10 characters.

If a players is trying to run all their characters through the daily to earn something like the emote box (which has MANY options, and NONE of them account wide) - this takes the run-time up from an hour or so just doing the same thing over and over again now to x3 that amount of time. How is THAT considered fun?

Sometimes accidents happen that actually IMPROVE gameplay quality of life - this bug was one of those rare instances.

Please cryptic, undo this "Bug-Fix" - this completely feels like an attempt to make the daily artificially longer when it already takes a fair amount of time since it's only 1 point, which requires it to be run on at least 2 characters already.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    Yea on stuff like this I just focus on collecting for my main, alts be damned. Cryptic really loves making us grind ourselves into dust for every little thing.
  • Options
    If it really was an attempt to "fix" the event, instead of just making it artificially longer - they would have "fixed" the fact that Fed chars are literally dropped right in front of Q when getting "Q Warped", while KDF chars still have to hoof it from the 'mortal-made' Transporter entrance location - it's not a huge amount of time to walk/run to Q from there, especially since I already know my way around First City - but it's a noticeable disparity.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    If you just want the daily T6 progress Defense of Starbase 1 seems like a better option anyway imo.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    yup. I decided just for variety to run the first of the feature episodes. I will never run it again. back to SB1for the rest of teh grind
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    It's not remotely "an attempt to make the daily artificially longer".

This daily has existed for years. Every previous year, it's worked the same way - each day, you got three random locations, one for each fragment color. It popping up this year with all the locations active was clearly a bug.

You should be happy - before the new event system, doing this daily was the only way to earn the Anniversary ship. Now, we have all those optons: patrols, TFOs, featured missions, etc.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    It's not remotely "an attempt to make the daily artificially longer".

This daily has existed for years. Every previous year, it's worked the same way - each day, you got three random locations, one for each fragment color. It popping up this year with all the locations active was clearly a bug.

You should be happy - before the new event system, doing this daily was the only way to earn the Anniversary ship. Now, we have all those optons: patrols, TFOs, featured missions, etc.

Yes, but the options should be roughly equal. They aren't. The 1-pt event progress options take as much time as the two point TFOs, and the event missions take twice as long as TFOs.
    Then don't do the 1-point options or the missions. I don't.

Trust me, someone somewhere will be monitoring the number of players choosing each option, and working out which ones are more popular. As with any MMO, the goal is butts in chairs and eyes on screens - the most popular options are what will stay around most. (If they're using myself and my roommate as the measure, Defense of Starbase One will be the go-to event for everything.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »

In previous years you have to do omega mission once per day. So it wasn't the same.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    You also used to only had to do the event for 15 days instead of 20.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    mckyrrosi wrote: »
    Okay.. I get that maybe they want to limit the amount of Dil that can be farmed, or maybe want players to explore new/old areas, or increase the "work" that it takes to get your daily credit towards the T6

BUT

With the amount of characters that people need to make for events/factions over the years [Delta event, KDF recruitment, Jem'Hadar, Romulan intro, initial Fed/KDF- and BRAND NEW KDF character with NO slipstreams - people can easily have 5,6,... 10 characters.

If a players is trying to run all their characters through the daily to earn something like the emote box (which has MANY options, and NONE of them account wide) - this takes the run-time up from an hour or so just doing the same thing over and over again now to x3 that amount of time. How is THAT considered fun?

Sometimes accidents happen that actually IMPROVE gameplay quality of life - this bug was one of those rare instances.

Please cryptic, undo this "Bug-Fix" - this completely feels like an attempt to make the daily artificially longer when it already takes a fair amount of time since it's only 1 point, which requires it to be run on at least 2 characters already.

The emotes are most assuredly account-wide unlocks. The box may not say so, and it has been bugged at least when it was initially introduced so that they only unlocked per character, but my Klingon Recruit character has all of the emotes from that box and has never done the Omega mission. Party Poppers are per character, but you only need one each, but it's also the only reason to do this on more than one character unless you really want to punish yourself and earn the ship through the minigame, in which case it will be 2 per day.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    It use to be the daily the particle collection was worth a FULL day of progress...not half a day. So if they were gonna make it half a day, letting you do ANY three collection was fair. Back to the old method, they should make these worth 2 points.
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    In previous years you have to do omega mission once per day. So it wasn't the same.
    avoozuul wrote: »
    You also used to only had to do the event for 15 days instead of 20.

But also, in the first years, before we had Phoenix upgrades, people farmed hundreds/thousands of the things.

Eh, whatever. Except when they stick the 'red' location on DS9/Bajor, it doesn't really bug me. I've been mostly doing Omega dailies for the Anniversary, it's less tedious/easier than Starbase One or the Patrols. /shrug
  • Options
    To be fair, if I was worried about the T6 - or even farming particles - running the daily 'sQavenger hunt' only twice daily is honestly no problem for me. And one can farm any color they want/need without being in the quest. It's having to run it on multiple chars for the anniversary rewards. I was originally told the emotes were account wide, but when I open the first two on separate chars, they were not unlocking for all, even after logging out and back in. Maybe it's a bug, then. I'll keep an eye on it and submit a bug report if it persists. In the mean time, I'll just hold on to the boxes I already have across several characters for now - and just stick to doing two a day from now on, and hope it's just a fluke in the box/UI for the emotes.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    It's possible that it bugged out again, or you're having a specific bug with your characters. It's hard to say for sure.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I think they should give us the transwarp icon on the three locations we have to visit. That would make things a lot quicker.

Putting one on top of an ice mountain on Andoria with no way to get to it isn't very nice either.
    Post edited by echatty on
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I think they should give us the transwarp icon on the three locations we have to visit. That would make things a lot quicker.

Putting one on top of an ice mountain on Andoria with no way to get to it isn't very nice either.

This should be relatively easy for them to implement. One of the previous lock boxes contained a (consumable, unfortunately) item that would allow you to transwarp to several places, including ground maps.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Transwarp can also be achieved by certain missions.
    They will take you either to or near said location where Q hid the Omega Particles.
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Transwarp can also be achieved by certain missions.
    They will take you either to or near said location where Q hid the Omega Particles.

Especially handy at the moment, I found I can pick up the Phoenix Prize Pack mission on multiple characters. Even though only one can turn it in a day, it can still be used for a Drozana transwarp.
  • Options
    tagen wrote: »
    Especially handy at the moment, I found I can pick up the Phoenix Prize Pack mission on multiple characters. Even though only one can turn it in a day, it can still be used for a Drozana transwarp.

Ooh, nice idea.

(and thanks for the reminder that I forgot to get the free box yesterday, so distracted running every alt through VIP mining.)
This discussion has been closed.