test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Phaser Beam Array (DSC)

goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
I've been playing my Discovery captain off and on for a long time and got to 45th today. He's been using the beam arrays he got while still in the past since they seemed to level up with him. They are of course still common rarity but they have the show's pulsing effect when they fire which I really like for this particular character.

I went to do an upgrade on them and was surprised that it wasn't an option, even the ones with the infinity symbol (the emitter-linked versions) cannot be upgraded. I assume they will not keep getting better as I level up past 50 plus I'd like to max the rarity as well. I see some on the exchange with the same icon but with a mark level that I assume would have that same fire effect. Is that the only place to find them? Is there an alternative with the same look and feel?

Comments

• telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    If they're showing the 'infinity' symbol, it means they're leveling with you, and I don't think you can upgrade them until you reach level 55 or 60 at minimum. At that point, they'll be upgradeable once to convert into mk XII, and then you can take them up to Mk XV with upgrades.

I may be wrong but I think "pulse phasers" have a similar appearance, as do the terran linked weapons.

If nothing else, you can level up your discovery legends reputation and get the wide angle dual beam bank (you can only use one, though) that has the discovery firing animations.
  • goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Thanks. I'll wait on the emitter-linked phasers, the ones with the infinity symbol, and see if the Upgrade right-click option ever shows up as he continues leveling up. I'll also try buying a few that have the same icon on the exchange and see if they are the same pulse effect. The pulse phasers are fairly expensive but I have a character with a full set. I don't think it's the same but I'll login with that one and see. It's been a while since I played them.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    I believe white-quality infinity weapons can never be upgraded.

The ones that start above white quality can, though, and will autoconvert themselves to having a mark number (usually 12) when loaded into upgrade screen once you reach max level. After that they behave as any other upgradable item.

This is correct.. the Scaling Weapons cannot be upgraded. They will stop scaling when you reach level 50.

If you want Phasers with the Discovery Visual Effect that you can upgrade to maximum mark and rarity you will need to purchase them from the exchange. Discovery Themed Weapons drop from the Discovery Lock Box, they are now in the Infinity Lock Box.

You will need to look for Emitter-Linked, Integrity-Linked, or Sensor-Linked Phasers. You can find the full listing here. Emitter and Integrity Linked will be pretty reasonable on price, Sensor Linked are considered some of the games best Beam Weapons, and they will be rather expensive. If you just want the visual, either Integrity or Emitter linked are just fine, they’re just as good as any other Phaser they just look different.
    Insert witty signature line here.