test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Command Any Ship?

ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
So the celebration of the 11th Anniversary come with breaking down the walls... Jericho... Aw late 90's early 2000's wrestling good stuff.

Back to the short post Ambassador Kael made what i was left with was a question that didn't really make clear about command any ship.

Situation i have on some characters i have

How would this change thoes special requisition ships in boxes with faction locked ship. So you open the box and it gives you the ship that is suppose to be for your faction. Take for example that timeship one. For example Verne Temporal Science Vessel is the ship i want. After this patch and say i am a Klingon can i roll out on one of those or if i were Fed Allied Romulan can i fly it because i can't now i would be given the Romulan version but i don't want the Romulan version because i just don't like that version. Is there a post elsewhere that goes into further details.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    There is only that post so far. They have not yet addressed that particular situation, but my personal guess is that those particular ships might stay they way they currently are.

That would suck. Terribly. They're some very unique designs.
  • Options
    mattingly1 wrote: »
    There is only that post so far. They have not yet addressed that particular situation, but my personal guess is that those particular ships might stay they way they currently are.

I totally agree. I would my klingon captain likes the finer smooth designs then war armored ships because being a strong warrior that does not crutch of cloaks and thick heavy armor. If possible wish there were like stupid things like leisure suits in the game and if would be a leisure suit wearing klingon captain with a crew wearing tracksuit because real warrior don't need armor their skin should smooth like it was covered in baby oil not greasy and stronger then any steal weapon. bascially a rich bro with a really expensive yacht and total dd-baag.
  • Options
    ulmanchun wrote: »

I totally agree. I would my klingon captain likes the finer smooth designs then war armored ships because being a strong warrior that does not crutch of cloaks and thick heavy armor. If possible wish there were like stupid things like leisure suits in the game and if would be a leisure suit wearing klingon captain with a crew wearing tracksuit because real warrior don't need armor their skin should smooth like it was covered in baby oil not greasy and stronger then any steal weapon. bascially a rich bro with a really expensive yacht and total dd-baag.

mBrUo19.png

So they aren't backing off from the "every ship" stance. It would seem that we will be given a choice with the crates. Fingers crossed, but I think it's looking good.
  • Options
    I think i belive mattingly1 and i took several looks at that announcement and finally notice the part that says:

"Does this mean a KDF Dahar Master can finally command a Section 31 Command Heavy Battlecruiser? It certainly does!

Does this mean a dedicated Federation Admiral can now sit at the helm of a D4x Kelvin Pilot Bird-of-Prey? That’s true, as well!"

I think this hint is the Kelvin box or whatever it is called gives a ship when you open it according to faction. Just like the timeship box. Look i am not going to look up the exact name of those shipboxes.. anyway back to the point it was a fed gets fed ship and rom gets rom ship and kling get kling ship. So as mattingly1 suggest it look like we have a "choice of Marks" kinda situation when we open the box we get to choice the ship we want hopefully. so gonna fly that vernes timeship for a klingon captain when it drops. at least if there are no glitches i would be able to.... probably gonna get the box but wait a few days before i open it hoping there is none of the possible bugs that stop the choice option and things patch correctly.
  • Options
    ulmanchun wrote: »
    I think i belive mattingly1 and i took several looks at that announcement and finally notice the part that says:

"Does this mean a KDF Dahar Master can finally command a Section 31 Command Heavy Battlecruiser? It certainly does!

Does this mean a dedicated Federation Admiral can now sit at the helm of a D4x Kelvin Pilot Bird-of-Prey? That’s true, as well!"

I think this hint is the Kelvin box or whatever it is called gives a ship when you open it according to faction. Just like the timeship box. Look i am not going to look up the exact name of those shipboxes.. anyway back to the point it was a fed gets fed ship and rom gets rom ship and kling get kling ship. So as mattingly1 suggest it look like we have a "choice of Marks" kinda situation when we open the box we get to choice the ship we want hopefully. so gonna fly that vernes timeship for a klingon captain when it drops. at least if there are no glitches i would be able to.... probably gonna get the box but wait a few days before i open it hoping there is none of the possible bugs that stop the choice option and things patch correctly.

I already have my box for an Atlas, but am DEFINITELY going to wait until someone else opens one of these things before I take the plunge. Because, frankly, the Thrai is just about the ugliest thing they've ever designed.

Thrai_Dreadnought_Warbird.png
  • Options
    it is sad i cannot afford the ship at this moment but did anyone every get into the situation of a romulan-fed allied to fly a vernes class ship instead of the mandatory romulan version. i like the fed version better it is more smooth instead of the back heavy romulan design yeah i am ok with some junk in the trunk but not in ship form.
  • Options
    I fleet mate who is a romulan-fed ally did the plunge and got the vernes ship he has always wanted to fly on his romulan character so yeah those boxed ships are not forced on you it is choice of of you choice and then i is bound to you on selection is what i was told and was shown the ship.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,070 Community Moderator
    Because, frankly, the Thrai is just about the ugliest thing they've ever designed.

I honestly have no problem with it. It looks like a TOS D'Deridex. Just like the Klingon one looks like a TOS Negh'var. Also... Fed Dysons say hello.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Well, the second I logged into one of my lvl 65 KDFs I unlocked the Fly any Ship across that acct. So that worked anyway.

And I'm not exactly one who RPs that everything has to be canon, so if I want a fed to fly a kling or rom ship, they will. And vice-versa with my KDFs and Roms.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
This discussion has been closed.