test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Klingon recruit piloting a Romulan Warbird with Battle Cloak question

vieth1vieth1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
Since I'm a 65 Klingon recruit, can I fly a Romulan Warbird with a Battle Cloak to get Ambush Kills? The battle cloak will allow me more cloaks per fight and thus should give me more ambush kills.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    So far I have only been using the M'chla Refit that my recruit got from the transponder objectives (it has Enhanced Battle Cloak now that they fixed it), but I don't see why another ship would not work. As long as the weapon tooltips make note of the Ambush state, I'd think it should count.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    That's actually a good question, and I'm afraid I'm a bit too deep in to reasonably test it. While I imagine they'd probably include stuff like romulan and disc offensive cloaks, I'm now curious if it also includes Voth Cloak(which has a defensive buff instead of the regular offensive one).
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    As far as we know you only need to be able to ambush kill with whatever you use so a romulan warbird should be fine. My own recruit went from post tutorial to 65 in a Kor Bird of prey so you are certainly not restricted to having to use the M'chla.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    vieth1vieth1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    In space, I do see the tooltips on my weapons when flying the Romulan ship. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it progressing - I'm in that space between 100 and 500 ambush kills, so it might be a few days before I know.

Thanks for replies.
  • Options
    dkdrachedkdrache Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    vieth1 wrote: »
    Since I'm a 65 Klingon recruit, can I fly a Romulan Warbird with a Battle Cloak to get Ambush Kills? The battle cloak will allow me more cloaks per fight and thus should give me more ambush kills.

The wife and I are both using a T6 Rom Morrigu to level and gain our Ambush kills with. I'm only level 25 (time issues) with over 500 Ambush kills thus far.

So yes, works just fine.
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User

I fly Malem with Rom cloak, and it works fine.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    dkdrache wrote: »

The wife and I are both using a T6 Rom Morrigu to level and gain our Ambush kills with. I'm only level 25 (time issues) with over 500 Ambush kills thus far.

So yes, works just fine.

Wow, well done, you're certainly making those Ambush kills count.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Even the Sovereign console set battle cloak works for ambush kills, and the description doesn't even suggest it gets a damage bonus after decloaking (but it does seem to.)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    The way I see it... any ship with a cloak is usable. I've been using the Qugh Miracle Worker Battlecruiser with a beam build to smack all the things with BFAW myself. Hell... I've been cloaking more often because of this objective.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The way I see it... any ship with a cloak is usable. I've been using the Qugh Miracle Worker Battlecruiser with a beam build to smack all the things with BFAW myself. Hell... I've been cloaking more often because of this objective.

Yeah, Qugh is a great choice for this goal as a Miracle Worker ship with a battle cloak. There is some great damage potential there!
This discussion has been closed.