test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Red Alert Event Bonus Dilithium Capped at 8000

goroshinorigoroshinori Member Posts: 15 Arc User
This is being posted per request referencing support ticket 407510. From the ticket:

"I noticed this in my chat log yesterday (1/24) but not having checked my balance before running the event couldn't be sure. Confirmed today (1/25) that the dilithium rewards for the current event have been capped at 8000. Today I was supposed to receive 12000. The chat log confirms only 8k were granted and my dilithium ore balance only went up by 8000, not the 12000 it should have. By my calculations this would put me short 10000 ore for this event."

The character I noticed this on was Sohkan. I'm pretty sure I played each day of the event 1/12 - 1/25 but not certain. Not sure if I ran the tenth red alert for the reward and ran it second a second time on the same day for the first dilithium bonus but I do that a lot with these events. My calculation of not receiving 10,000 of the dilithium ore was based on the assumption that the glitch happened on the 9000 and 10000 reward days as well, Always ran the Borg red alert. While filing this noticed someone else seems to have reported the same issue in the support forum.

Comments

• Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I'm confident the people that needed to know within Cryptic were aware of the dilithium not paying-out properly.

So why not correct it?

My theory is Cryptic didn't place a enough high value on it's correction even for any that bought-out the event to gain more dilithium.

It's just another small method to limit dilithium into the economy, hence happening multiple times, & any real-money taken from someone that bought-out the event for more dilithium Cryptic doesn't mind.