test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Hairstyles Missing

brothabennybrothabenny Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Hi,

The new hairstyles released with the 11th Anniversary update are absolutely lovely. The character artist(s) responsible did a wonderful job, thank you so much for bringing them to the game.

Sadly I've discovered what I'm hoping beyond hope a bug or at least an unintended oversight... These lovely new hairstyles are not available to use on Alien-race characters (either player characters or bridge officers). None of the following hairstyles show up in the tailor for Aliens:

-- Long, Full 1*
-- Long, Full 2*
-- Long, Full 3*
(*these three hairstyles can all be used on Humans, Andorians, Bajorans, Orions, Romulans, and Cardassians. I'm sure there are more but these are the only ones I've tested and confirmed. Considering they work on all these races, I can't imagine them not being available for Aliens is intentional??)

-- Long 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5**
-- Short - Chin-Length**
(**these 6 hairstyles were obviously designed specifically with Klingons in mind, but Aliens have access to the original dreadlock-type hairstyles which have been used for Klingons for the past 10 years, so as above I'm really hoping their omission from Aliens is an unfortunate oversight. I checked Aliens with both 'Humanoid' and 'Ridged' head types and these hairstyles do not appear for either.

Again, these hairstyles are a really lovely addition to the game, and it's very sad to see Aliens of all factions and genders not having access to them at all. Please please please add them to the tailor options for Alien characters.

Thanks

Comments

• brothabennybrothabenny Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Also found that the "Long, Full" 1, 2, & 3 new hairstyles are also not available for Klingons with 'Humanoid' (smooth-forehead) head types :(
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    It seems they work on male aliens only... but not female aliens. Must be a bug and it's also odd humanoid Klingons can't get them either. There is also missing hair textures on 1 & 3 long full at the back crown of the head.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    788.png
    7889.png

There is no option for female aliens.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • skeleskullyskeleskully Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    It would be grand if these hairstyles were finally unlocked for KDF aligned Alien females. The Fed aliens can use them. Even male orions can use the new long full hairstyles which is really hilarious.