test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO crashing at loading screen

I have been having STO crashing repeatedly after the Cryptic loading screen and during the STO House Shattered screen. After a minute or two, I get an error message saying the game has crashed and it is preparing crash event data. The most recent incident IDs are
1) 2a2de6
2) 2a2da8
3) 2a2a2b
4) 2a289f

I have STO via Steam and am using Windows 7. This problem began last week and I have been in contact with Support and after trying the suggested workarounds, the issue persists. The last suggestion was to post here for the engineers to document it.
I have attempted to do Force Verify at the launcher, Safe Mode, and uninstall and reinstalled the game several times. There was a patch required at the time and the game did launch about a month when I last played it.

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    Have you tried playing STO in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP/Vista? It is just a thought. A lot of players are having issues. The issue I tend to get is that I click Engage, it claims it is Not Responding briefly, and then the Cryptic loading screen starts up.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • stormwaltz2stormwaltz2 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I'm seeing this as well - Win10, stand alone install. Crashes seconds after trying to startup

2ab348
    2ab351
    2ab359

What's REALLY surprising for me is that I was in the game and playing without any issue late last night.

This strongly suggests that my particular issue is related to stopping the game from pre-downloading the next patch on exit.
  • insanity1890#4869 insanity1890 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Have you tried playing STO in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP/Vista? It is just a thought. A lot of players are having issues. The issue I tend to get is that I click Engage, it claims it is Not Responding briefly, and then the Cryptic loading screen starts up.

XP Compatibility doesn't appear to be an option. Vista doesn't load either.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    Same issue here, I was playing fine on Monday; Tuesday, the launcher will not even load the game. Tried computer reboot, force verify, safe mode, watched the launcher update itself, still no joy. Running Win 10 Pro 64-bit. I expected some bugs for a major new release, but it's never been this bad in 7+ years. No response other than the autobot on my Support ticket.
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013