What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Become a Klingon Warrior of 2255

13»

Comments

• Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Wonder if this might be a full fledge recruitment event like Delta, Gamma or temporal or just a faction mini changes like the last Discovery agents. A hint was posted that it will be inclusive of ALL KDF not just the new Discovery Warriors...that might mean that perhaps it might be like the last Discovery agent? Intriguing but I guess we will see.
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Wonder if this might be a full fledge recruitment event like Delta, Gamma or temporal or just a faction mini changes like the last Discovery agents. A hint was posted that it will be inclusive of ALL KDF not just the new Discovery Warriors...that might mean that perhaps it might be like the last Discovery agent? Intriguing but I guess we will see.

Kael basically all but confirmed a Klingon recruitment event yesterday in the livestream. No new starting experience. But it is for Klingons only. So it isnt like you can make a Rommie aligned or Jemmie aligned with the klinks and get the benefits.

He said the blog will be out soon with full details.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'm going to have to delete my Klingon toon for this event, run it with both a normal klingon and a disco klingon just to see what the difference, this might be the conspiracy theorist in me but there has to be more than cosmetics involved for them to be a separate race. EDIT: unfortunately I have to wait for it to come to consoles before I can run my tests.

I'm sure the racial traits are going to be different, even if it was slightly so.
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    Looks like its going to be a great recruitment event! Good day to be a KDF
  • Options
    madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    > @starcruiser#3423 said:
    > Looks like its going to be a great recruitment event! Good day to be a KDF

Losing SAD and DPRM ruins anything good about this.
  • Options
    chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Not my favorite cup of tea. I really despise these klingons and worst part of Discovery ever created IMO. I seriously think about skipping these recruits unless they come loaded with dilithium sacs on them

tenor.gif?itemid=5234770

yup...

you understand that the recruitment event is for any race on the KDF faction right, not just the 2255 Klingon option. if you re-read the announcement it clearly states that.
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Not my favorite cup of tea. I really despise these klingons and worst part of Discovery ever created IMO. I seriously think about skipping these recruits unless they come loaded with dilithium sacs on them

tenor.gif?itemid=5234770

yup...

you understand that the recruitment event is for any race on the KDF faction right, not just the 2255 Klingon option. if you re-read the announcement it clearly states that.

You understand that the news post about the Recruitment came after I opened this thread and people started comment on it, right?
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Can 2255 Klingons use the regular Klingon visuals?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Bear in mind that this Mchala is, by any standard, a sub-par ship. However look at the dates, it's only there untill new KLingons grind out the Anni-event Temer.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    It is meant to be a mass-produced ship, possibly substituting the B'Rel in-universe. It's not meant to be the cream of the crop.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    It is meant to be a mass-produced ship, possibly substituting the B'Rel in-universe. It's not meant to be the cream of the crop.​​

And you will be able to use the skin on the c-store pilot version.. so i'm quite happy
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Yeah I'm guessing the new M'chala is suppose to be kind of a "baby's first T6 ship", it's something you can earn so that you'll have a Tier 6 ship when you hit max level but it's not suppose to be a ship you'll use once you get access to better ships, we got remember that recruitment events aren't really meant for veterans who might have a T6 lined up and ready to go, but new players for whom this might be the first character they've made.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    The B'rel design is, by this point, at least a hundred years old. It's about time the KDF started churning out a new line of zergships to throw at the Empire's enemies while the big ships gear up.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    The greatest battle of the year, The father of Mogh vs Aakar, it will be fun watching Disco Worf kill Disco Gowron in a cutscene.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    The B'rel design is, by this point, at least a hundred years old. It's about time the KDF started churning out a new line of zergships to throw at the Empire's enemies while the big ships gear up.

That does make some sense if thinking of storylines-wise & continuity about ST ships. Dang I haven't played Starcraft 1 or2 in a long while lol I used to luv that game.
  • Options
    mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Finally...KDF are servants of the Terran Empire....opps sorry FED empire ;)
  • Options
    Finally...KDF are servants of the Terran Empire....opps sorry FED empire ;)

lmao :D:D
  • Options
    undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    So is the recruitment event for Disco Klinks or regular Klinks?
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User

Both as long as you create a Klingon character during this Klingon Recruitment and get the transponder. Do not forget to get the transponder.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User

Disco baby, roll Klingons like it's the 1970's.

I have a Chargh with disco disruptors just waiting.

• Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited January 2021

The way it sounded to me, Disco-Klingons are not going to be their own faction like the Disco-Feds are. They're going to be a race option within the existing KDF faction.
    This type of Klingon will be a new race option upon creating a KDF character
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    With NO DISCO BRIDGE OFFICERS and NO DISCO GROUND WEAPONS - I personally have little interest in actually playing my Disco Klingon.
    I prefer Faction Correct crews. I cant play without this.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    With NO DISCO BRIDGE OFFICERS and NO DISCO GROUND WEAPONS - I personally have little interest in actually playing my Disco Klingon.
    I prefer Faction Correct crews. I cant play without this.

I 100% agree, I even go out of my way to stick to my species ships, If I have a Romulan toon I simply must have full Romulan away team in matching Romulan clothes wielding Romulan weapon aboard a Romulan ship, same with Orions if I have an Orion Toon you can bet your TRIBBLE off that I'm going to fly around in an Orion ship with a full Orion crew, sorry if I like sticking to the Lore, but we all can't be flying Titans around Qo'noS or have stolen Felkari ships, some of us prefer the RP aspect of them game.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The recruitment is a klink based event with the option of a disco captain and tarted up visuals on everything else.

The missions are the pretty much the same as before recruiting the same boffs etc, so no fancy disco boffs to strut their funky stuff.

Similar level of cryptic tarnish is fully expected, I've already noticed that when the bbq pit by the exchange got converted to a fishpond they neglected to put the bench back under that ferengi who's been parked there for years so instead they've got their legs dangling through the floor as they sit.

Batleth is massive and despite the upgrade path of rit relying on melee kills its yet another melee weapon that doesn't have a closer built into any attacks. And no working tally means there isn't a way of knowing how much progress you've made or if boff melee also count.
This discussion has been closed.