test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need an Academy Liaison on New Romulus

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
As per title.

New Romulus is supposed to be a homeworld like Earth or Qo'nos, yet it is still missing Academy services. An easy fix for this would be to simply add an Academy Liaison inside New Romulus Command. See the picture below (this back room console would be perfect for the Academy questions). The single Liaison could be coded for both Federation and KDF aligned characters to use (or if not, simply have two officers for each standing here, just like the Security Officers on DS9 - one Fed, one KDF).

33590206448_fe8f6be153_c.jpg

Clicking on the 'Talk' button shown above would lead into Academy dialog box stating, "Would you like to speak with Commander Viala about today's lessons?" Yes/No (the name changes to Loresinger Ch'toh for KDF aligned Romulans). This would then open up the standard Academy interface shown below. Connecting this way would prevent any sort of 'double dipping' by Romulan characters because it's the SAME interface (only accessed from New Romulus).

46551514275_b6318b9c45_c.jpg

This would be a HUGE quality of life fix for Romulan characters with very little effort from the Dev Team. They would no longer have to schlep all over the galaxy to get these things accomplished everyday - something their Federation and Klingon counterparts don't have to do.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I have been playing STO for many years now, and I have never, not once, done an academy lore mission. What is the point? There are no usable rewards apart from an accolade, so not having a convenient way to access them from NRC doesn't affect the gameplay at all.

I am not opposed to the idea, but I would not call it a "HUGE" qol improvement, and I can certainly think of many more things I would rather have the devs focused on. Then again, if it would only take like 5 minutes to implement, why not.
  • Options
    garaffe wrote: »
    I have been playing STO for many years now, and I have never, not once, done an academy lore mission. What is the point? There are no usable rewards apart from an accolade, so not having a convenient way to access them from NRC doesn't affect the gameplay at all.

I am not opposed to the idea, but I would not call it a "HUGE" qol improvement, and I can certainly think of many more things I would rather have the devs focused on. Then again, if it would only take like 5 minutes to implement, why not.

Guess you missed out on about 500 Dilithium per charcater per day over your many years then.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I do the lore missions when they come up in the Endeavors.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User

Guess you missed out on about 500 Dilithium per charcater per day over your many years then.

I don't need the Dil. I generate more than I can possibly refine already.
  • Options
    I don't need the Dil. I generate more than I can possibly refine already.

Well that's nice for you. But for a lot of other folks who don't have the time to play so much they push past the refinement cap everyday, these trivia questions are a great reason to log in daily. Having an Academy Liaison on New Romulus would be a big QoL improvement because of the time it saves those of us who have a limited amount of it.
  • Options
    I just fly to Earth or Quonos depending on my characters alignment. No big deal. And as many know I play mostly Romulans.
    Have a lovely day all!! :)
  • Options
    maybe when Year of the Romulans comes around they will redo much of the home world and this will be added. but then again, maybe not.

til then i say make it so. dont see any harm in it for those that prefer to stay on the rom side of things.

Exactly. It's pretty much a copy and paste task that could easily be done.
This discussion has been closed.