test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Traits unslotting?

colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 2,200 Arc User
Today I've been having a heck of a time with my traits unslotting, every time I change maps. Is this a known bug or is it something new? Should I report it, or do they already know?
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I use the tactic outlined in this thread and it’s worked great for me. I never have my traits removed, give this a try and see if it helps.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    I use the tactic outlined in this thread and it’s worked great for me. I never have my traits removed, give this a try and see if it helps.

I do not use loadouts. When I change a ship on a character I keep using for a while. Recently I expereinced this bug however. A new trait is replaced by an older one, as if the traits reset themselves to a former setup or, the traits are removed, having empty slots for space and ship traits. It also looks like the bug vanishes after a couple of times.
  • Options
    rebuilthk47rebuilthk47 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    I'm encountering the bug where my loadout slots won't switch. My hotbar layout will change, but my gear won't.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I'm encountering the bug where my loadout slots won't switch. My hotbar layout will change, but my gear won't.

Have you tried re-saving the load out? I know there was a problem like this with loadouts that were saved before the last update and not re-saved. I had one character effected by this, I was able to re-slot everything like I wanted and then save the loadout again (I saved over the old one) and the character was fine after that.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    I had the opposite problem. :)

I wanted to simplify my build and reduce the amount of visual spam. So I disable a lot of traits and then they were just automatically activated again.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.