test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temporal Ambassador

Why has this mission not been fixed in Years. If you can create new content why not fix old faulty stuff orjust remove it.

Comments

• Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Better make yourself comfortable in that hallway leading to the Enterprise, because you won't be able to board any time soon.
  • Options
    michael74#1184 michael74 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Cryptic, you need to get Temporal Ambassador fixed, and restore the missing Klingon War missions ASAP! Please!
  • Options
    fcedfced Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    +1
    PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Latest report on this issue from QA is as follows (taken from a twitch stream, located here - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/810190746)

Time stamp 14:00 - 16:00.

This issue is still high on their priority list. However, they have so far been unable to reproduce the issue internally. Which is the main hold-up in diagnosing and resolving the issue.

Kael has been asking for player handles who experience the issue to assist with the troubleshooting.

pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    neoblisseyxneoblisseyx Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    With apologies for the title of the broadcast (I did change it on my PS4 prior to the start of the broadcast), here in real time is the mission up to the moment of the glitch (which, for the record, is 18 minutes, 45 seconds).

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/830504467?tt_medium=mobile_web_share&tt_content=vod
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 650 Arc User
    With apologies for the title of the broadcast (I did change it on my PS4 prior to the start of the broadcast), here in real time is the mission up to the moment of the glitch (which, for the record, is 18 minutes, 45 seconds).

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/830504467?tt_medium=mobile_web_share&tt_content=vod

Hopefully with that much info we might get some sort of response. I play on X-box and have two characters that are Delta agents that have this problem. This bug is causing them to miss out on episode rewards and the account reward for all my other characters.
  • Options
    baucoin wrote: »

Hopefully with that much info we might get some sort of response. I play on X-box and have two characters that are Delta agents that have this problem. This bug is causing them to miss out on episode rewards and the account reward for all my other characters.

Hi,
    No you don't miss anything, do the mission, until you get the iconian console, and then leave it.
    My character is a Delta also, and i was afraid of this, but finally even if i was not able to finish the mission (i skipped it) i got the complete delta rewards for any mission of the game, including this one.
    But i would appreciate finish this mission, at least for the ship, and for the story.
    PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
  • Options
    imatimelord#6399 imatimelord Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    It was working fine on the xb side up until a few months ago...they nerfed it completely with their infamous weekly shard TRIBBLE...now its junked....
  • Options
    millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Latest report on this issue from QA is as follows (taken from a twitch stream, located here - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/810190746)

This issue is still high on their priority list. However, they have so far been unable to reproduce the issue internally. Which is the main hold-up in diagnosing and resolving the issue.

Kael has been asking for player handles who experience the issue to assist with the troubleshooting.

The STO Developers don't have access to a PS4 or PS4 Pro to do a quick runthrough of the mission and get to the locked door? Or are they doing that, and for some reason it works on their PlayStations? I can try to make a video of it happening, but I don't use Twitter, because I'm just too old for all that stress and toxicity.
  • Options
    The Devs dont care....all they care about is cranking out new garbage content we didnt ask for and making the company money sadly...
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    The Devs dont care....all they care about is cranking out new garbage content we didnt ask for and making the company money sadly...

The devs do care. If they did not, they would not be asking for character handles to get to the bottom of this bug that they are having a hard time reproducing on their end. So please provide your character handles instead of attacking the devs and this bug can be dealt with in the new year or sooner. Merry Christmas!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options

The STO Developers don't have access to a PS4 or PS4 Pro to do a quick runthrough of the mission and get to the locked door? Or are they doing that, and for some reason it works on their PlayStations? I can try to make a video of it happening, but I don't use Twitter, because I'm just too old for all that stress and toxicity.

They do have access to a PS4 or PS4 Pro but they have not been able to reproduce the bug involving Temporal Ambassador. Please provide your character handles to them through a PM on these forums if you do not want to do it through Twitter.
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »

The devs do care. If they did not, they would not be asking for character handles to get to the bottom of this bug that they are having a hard time reproducing on their end. So please provide your character handles instead of attacking the devs and this bug can be dealt with in the new year or sooner. Merry Christmas!

Dude if you believe that, ill sell you my oceanfront property in Nebraska....Point being, if they really gave a damn, for as long as this aspect has been nerfed, it would of been fixed by now....There NO plausible or SANE excuse for their inability to do the right thing and finally end this glitch...nuff said...
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    That is not how the game industry works. The first step is reproducing the bug which has been hard for them to do on their end. Next is implementing the fix. Then of course the patch has to be certified through Sony and Microsoft. Finally, if things check out the patch goes through. If you believe it is so easy, then submit your application to them and you would find out it is not so easy as you think it is. But if you want to continue thinking the way you are thinking, by all means be my guest.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
  • Options
    That is not how the game industry works. The first step is reproducing the bug which has been hard for them to do on their end. Next is implementing the fix. Then of course the patch has to be certified through Sony and Microsoft. Finally, if things check out the patch goes through. If you believe it is so easy, then submit your application to them and you would find out it is not so easy as you think it is. But if you want to continue you thinking the way you are thinking, by all means be my guest.

Dude, most of these "bugs" have been day 1 bugs, like the rubber banding issue...it doesnt take YEARS to fix it....Theyve admitted they let bugs continue and because the game is so extensive now, they cant fix them...thats incompetence not good planning on their part....

"But if you want to continue you thinking the way you are thinking, by all means be my guest."...please, by all means
  • Options
    phaeonixphaeonix Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Just want to add that this is still bugged. "Map Transfer Failed" at the point you press X to "Board the Enterprise C" - and apparently you need to complete this mission to get the Vigilance Trophy? Well, this has put a spanner in the works of my Trophy hunting.

PS4, KDF, Kar'Tok@Royce_Falco
  • Options
    I'm goin g

They do have access to a PS4 or PS4 Pro but they have not been able to reproduce the bug involving Temporal Ambassador. Please provide your character handles to them through a PM on these forums if you do not want to do it through Twitter.
    Okay, I uploaded a video with the PlayStation Share feature. Here's the link. Anyone in the loop with the STO Twitter can feel free to send the video link to the Development Team on their Twitter, since I don't have one. I also don't know who to PM here on the forum, so feel free to share it that way as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NDkSdrrEAk
  • Options
    I'm goin g

Okay, I uploaded a video with the PlayStation Share feature. Here's the link. Anyone in the loop with the STO Twitter can feel free to send the video link to the Development Team on their Twitter, since I don't have one. I also don't know who to PM here on the forum, so feel free to share it that way as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NDkSdrrEAk

I posted the video on the community manager's Twitter account and direct messaged him here. Will be glad when this is resolved for those on consoles.
  • Options
    That is not how the game industry works. The first step is reproducing the bug which has been hard for them to do on their end. Next is implementing the fix. Then of course the patch has to be certified through Sony and Microsoft. Finally, if things check out the patch goes through. If you believe it is so easy, then submit your application to them and you would find out it is not so easy as you think it is. But if you want to continue thinking the way you are thinking, by all means be my guest.

FYI, I call them out because all they do is offer excuses and lame reasoning's instead of actually doing their JOB and make a quality product for EVERYONE to enjoy...This aint Fallout 76 and they aint Besthesda....They need to fix this mmo and show they DO care about their customer base instead of $$$...

Just sayin'
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    I wonder which server they are testing this on...

Test Server & Public Server are two entirely different things:
    - Test Server = inhouse & probably a maximum if 2 or 3 players online at any one time
    - Public Server = connection goes via the internet & potentially thousands of players online

I've see this before in Runes of Magic when items & dungeons worked fine on the Test Server, but when we submitted screenshots of problems on the public game servers, they finally took notice.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    phaeonixphaeonix Member Posts: 7 Arc User
  • Options
    kyran#6873 kyran Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Soooooo this mission is STILL messed up. Map Transfer Failed error report when trying to board the Enterprise-C. Can we get a fix on this? As in, soon? The fact it's been allowed to be buggy the way it has is honestly ridiculous.
  • Options
    The mission works now. Months of being broken, fixed two weeks after I post a video for the Developers to see what's going on. You're welcome.
  • Options
    robsr1967#8084 robsr1967 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    It’s fixed!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    The mission works now. Months of being broken, fixed two weeks after I post a video for the Developers to see what's going on. You're welcome.
    +
    It’s fixed!

What ??? Are you sure ? I tried it two days ago or three on PS4, and Temporal ambassador was still broken...
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    fced wrote: »
    What ??? Are you sure ? I tried it two days ago or three on PS4, and Temporal ambassador was still broken...
    Apparently, the fix was only discovered a few hours ago today:

I certainly hope it's true; beyond Devil's Choice for Romulan players at present, it's about the only mission that was consistently impossible to complete in one fashion or another.

Edit: It is true; I just finished the mission not five minutes ago.
    Post edited by trek21 on
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    trek21 wrote: »
    fced wrote: »
    Apparently, the fix was only discovered a few hours ago today:

I certainly hope it's true; beyond Devil's Choice for Romulan players at present, it's about the only mission that was consistently impossible to complete in one fashion or another.

Edit: It is true; I just finished the mission not five minutes ago.

Great, Thank you, i will finally be able to finish my TOS character ;)

Edit : i confirm, it work on PS4...
    Post edited by fced on
  • Options
    raven85#0705 raven85 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    They may have fixed the mission, but the vigilance trophy still won't pop as that arc was removed. No platinum for me :(