test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

meas. of morality...am i doing something wrong?

keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
i finally finished it...and now i remember why i hated this mission so effing much...

i died like 12 times, if not close to 16. im not terrible in ground combat, and usually can do other missions with no death, but WTF is up with this mission set? its like the enemies are on steroids and buffed to no end.

did i miss a step or something that makes me die so much?

gonna do part 2 soon again, but EFF i am not looking forward to it.

this is why i wanted to avoid this set of missions forever...but i thought, ok, maybe it was just me last time...so it might be me both time now. ugh.
meh

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I don't recall getting killed on this mission back when I completed it. Maybe your ground build or boffs need some work.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Which particular area are you having problems with? And what kind of weapons and gear are you using?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • misterlozmisterloz Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Forcefield dome helps with this episode, I found. It stops any mobs getting too close, offers a reduction to incoming damage and can keep any healing or shield generators and turrets alive that little bit longer.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Can also try picking up this Kit on Exchange, it can come in handy often:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Universal_Kit_Module_-_Bio-Essence_Transfer
    0zxlclk.png
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I really enjoyed those missions, and yeah, I did die a few times at first. The things that made a huge difference in completion for me was my situational awareness. I admit that I get used to crouching and blasting through most content, but on this episode, I was too exposed, from the very first Imperial Romulan + Herald ambush point on Brea. Those Commander-strength Herald hulks hit hard.

If you look around on Brea, the Krenim ship (esp. after Leeta), and most other places, there's lots of tall obstacles you can use for cover, and using it effectively will help you pull enemies into traps, or kite them if you break their line of sight. Try dropping your Eng kit mines (Chroniton or Cryo) around corners. For Sci captains, I relied a lot on Endothermic Induction and Hyperonic Radiation, and for Tactical I used more grenades. Similar idea though, either control them and AOE or focus fire hard. Avoid pulling multiple groups - Sniper Rifles on BOFFs are not helpful here.

Both Michael Burnham and Seven seem to be set up as Sci captains, so they can heal you occasionally. Therefore I'd recommend using a more offensive BOFF, such as a Tac with grenades, Ambush, maybe even Cryo Warhead if you got it.

With that in mind, part 2 requires all of that plus Borg Adaptation to deal with. When you get to that part with the reuse of the Hive Ground TFO map, the minibosses there are brutal. Try to keep from backing into corners with dangerous plasma floors, and stay focused on one miniboss at a time. Once down, clean up the rest in small groups, as the remaining mobs are slow.

Hang in there and keep trying. I was rather proud when I was first able to clear these episodes on Elite for my main captain, and I still usually die once or twice in the process.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    the thing that helped me was pets. I crewed 1 sci as a heals and 3 engineers with turret and drones builds. my captain has Echo papa and the solar gateway, and I THINK a wrist rocket of some sort. I don't think it was Q's. maybe the terran rep?
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • It is a tough mission but if you and your ppl and your traits are equipped and done close to right you won't die. I haven't once doing it but I am experienced and I do have access to some things you may not have. You also need to make sure to bring the right ppl down with you. I usually bring down 1 science, 1 tactical, and 2 engineers because those turrets help a lot in this mission believe me.You also need to make sure you and your ppl are equipped with gear that has a quality of Very Rare (purple) or better. This means everybody and that you and they are all upgraded to max level. Now, foor your weapons: This is a mission I don't like a rifle for. I prefer my dual Nauscican pistols or Dual Phasers you can get from the Phoenix boxes with the very rare tickets or at the very least dual Vaadwaur pistols. With the dual guns you'll do more damage than you will with a rifle. The only thing better is the Iconian staff you can get with Lobi. For your ppl: At least two rapid fire assault rifles and two split beam rifles or dual poleron pistols. You will also want to have your traits set for more of an armor expert and shield expert with only about 30% of them set for assault. I set these there for all of my characters anyway. If you flag me down in game I can bring you aboard and let you take a look at one of my maxed out characters settings. I mostly play Romulans. No matter the character her ship's name is "Raptor Star."

Hope this helps. Good luck. :)
  • ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Yes, like others I found you needed to rely on engineering boffs to build some strong points and try and encourage the enemy groups (one at a time) to run the gauntlet. Once I did that, I started dying a lot less.
This discussion has been closed.