test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Retcons

paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
edited November 2020 in Romulan Discussion
Due to Picard changes to Romulans, I wonder if the Romulan Republic or RSE will be changed to become the Romulan Free State, I'm also curious to see if the Zhat Vash would approve of Hakeev siding with the Iconians, since they're supposed to be puppeteering the Tal Shiar from the Shadows.

Comments

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Honest largest change we're likely to see is line stating that modern RSE and the Republic evolved from factions within the Free State.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    That or the Republic and the RFS coexist. The game lore has something about the RSE remnants getting tired of the top-end power struggle so when Sela was arrested by the alliance the few worlds left under Imperial control dumped the empire name and structure and banded together as something more like the Republic than the Empire. Or something like that anyway.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    That or the Republic and the RFS coexist. The game lore has something about the RSE remnants getting tired of the top-end power struggle so when Sela was arrested by the alliance the few worlds left under Imperial control dumped the empire name and structure and banded together as something more like the Republic than the Empire. Or something like that anyway.

IIRC the Romulan Free state is something that's suppose to exist during the timeline of Picard, some 10 years prior to the start of STO. That said a lot can happen in 10 years so it's possible what is RSE in STO was part of the Free State consisting of the old elite (or at least some of it) that came together during those 10 years to try to reform the old Star Empire.

Since from what little I've gathered the Free State isn't very united or stable.

Edit:I mean when I born in 1982 the idea that USSR would collapse was nearly unthinkable and certain not as soon as it did, yet by 1992 the Soviet Union was gone.
    Post edited by spiritborn on