test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Winter Event 2020

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    I'm not really looking to the ship...looks UGLY but the trait and console too good to pass...plus you get a new admiralty card. :D

It may not win any conventinal beauty contests (still looks cool imho) but it's stats are pretty good. A 4/3 carrier with decent maneuverbilty and a lot of sci & tac seats can make a pretty deadly hybrid. I'm not expecting much from the trait and console though. The only things that buff fire damage are the consoles from the other Fek'Ihri ships which aren't exactly great either.
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I'm not really looking to the ship...looks UGLY but the trait and console too good to pass...plus you get a new admiralty card. :D

I tend to agree...not a looker but certainly has other good qualities.
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Do we have a breakdown of the event ship's capabilities and the like, or are we just going to have to wait until the event starts to find all that out?

Here it is:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11481473-command-the-fek'ihri-gok'tad-carrier!
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Winter is COMING! I really need a break from all this UNFUN grind...at least this will be FUN.
  • Options
    Winter is COMING! I really need a break from all this UNFUN grind...at least this will be FUN.

Is there anyway to get this ship on day one of the event or is it time gated like everything else? I wish we can pay lobbis or something similar to skip it?
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Should be able to get it for (way too much) lobi.
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User

Is there anyway to get this ship on day one of the event or is it time gated like everything else? I wish we can pay lobbis or something similar to skip it?

Perhaps someone will be flying in ESD soon :D
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    You can buy the event out with lobi.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    Probably just me but hardly see anyone in winter event maps. I guess folks getting tired of Cryptic making the same event year after year plus with the HUGE invalid skills bug turned people off. Sad this is a bad time for Cryptic indeed and definitely needs a change in management. It's not due to COVID but incompetence at own's job.
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Probably just me but hardly see anyone in winter event maps. I guess folks getting tired of Cryptic making the same event year after year plus with the HUGE invalid skills bug turned people off. Sad this is a bad time for Cryptic indeed and definitely needs a change in management. It's not due to COVID but incompetence at own's job.

Then it's just you, try switching instance..

Right now (21:57 - 9th December - UTC Time) there are 42 filled instances (22 players) and 14 instances that are almost full, alongside 8 instances that have around 10 players each in average.

Roughly calculcated, there is currently 1576 players participating in the winter event on PC.

I am also quite tired of the skills invalid bug and the other level of issues as of late, but it doesn't effect events in the winter wonderland. There are only so many winter wonderland things you can make up, every MMO and video game has a limit on what can be done.

The gameplay Star Trek Online is built on revolves around defeating enemies and triggering dialoges or interacting with an object. There's a limited number of things you can hide that behind, do you perhaps have any suggestions on some new additions to the winter event?

That being said, I find it a bit tiresome too. But I love the map a lot, I love going there just to relax and talk to people. Focus more on the experience and less on the grind, or just take a break.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Is there gonna be a fleet ornament? and is the 2019 ornament ever gonna get fixed from permanently on?
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Is there gonna be a fleet ornament? and is the 2019 ornament ever gonna get fixed from permanently on?

Yes, according to another thread on General Discussion where someone asks this question, foxman00 screenshotted a picture of a Twitter post from a dev indicating that the Winter Event 2020 fleet ornament would be available next week since they did not have enough time this week. As for the 2019 ornament bug getting fixed, that I do not know though I would tune in next week to see if it is indeed getting fixed that week.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User

pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Just trying to learn & confirm if it might be in the future or it won't, but why hasn't Cryptic gave the Fek'lhri ships, now (3), console set-bonuses of (2) & (3)?

Has Cryptic even addressed this on 1 of their livestreams or more than likely a 4rd party social media site?

Also, I've always been wondering is it: FEK'(L)HRI or FEK'(I)HRI, a l or an i in the parenthesis being capital letters? I've been pronouncing it: "fek-Leer-e" so an (L) would make sense but with pronounciation it could easily just be: "fek-eerie" & my ears just weren't keen enough to pick-up on it.

Thanks in advance for any that know & can confirm.
  • Options
    Just trying to learn & confirm if it might be in the future or it won't, but why hasn't Cryptic gave the Fek'lhri ships, now (3), console set-bonuses of (2) & (3)?

Has Cryptic even addressed this on 1 of their livestreams or more than likely a 4rd party social media site?

Also, I've always been wondering is it: FEK'(L)HRI or FEK'(I)HRI, a l or an i in the parenthesis being capital letters? I've been pronouncing it: "fek-Leer-e" so an (L) would make sense but with pronounciation it could easily just be: "fek-eerie" & my ears just weren't keen enough to pick-up on it.

It's two different things, spelled very much the same.. That the STO teams confuse a lot.
    One is spelled with an L, the other with an I.. But since those characters intermix in lower case and upper case... Yeah.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Fek'lhr
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Fek'Ihri

• Options

It's two different things, spelled very much the same.. That the STO teams confuse a lot.
    One is spelled with an L, the other with an I.. But since those characters intermix in lower case and upper case... Yeah.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Fek'lhr
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Fek'Ihri

Whoa, they are 2 different species? Thanks for the links! I have noticed that the upper-case "i" is slightly shorter than the lower-case "L".
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Whoa, they are 2 different species? Thanks for the links! I have noticed that the upper-case "i" is slightly shorter than the lower-case "L".

Yeah, Fek'lhr is the Klingon version of the "devil" or "satan" if you'd like, while the Fek'Ihri was an ancient enemy of Kahless the Unforgettable, it was never truly established that they were the foot soldiers of Fek'lhr in the TV series.

That's where STO made the connection, it seems possible of course given how similar the names are.
  • Options

Yeah, Fek'lhr is the Klingon version of the "devil" or "satan" if you'd like, while the Fek'Ihri was an ancient enemy of Kahless the Unforgettable, it was never truly established that they were the foot soldiers of Fek'lhr in the TV series.

That's where STO made the connection, it seems possible of course given how similar the names are.

Excellent lore to know & thanks again & explanied like that it definitely makes some sense. I always got that impression of a "hellish" scenario too during those missions in game.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    You just answered your question. FedKDF are still Fed, so can't wear the KDF scarf.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »
    You just answered your question. FedKDF are still Fed, so can't wear the KDF scarf.

i know. but i am a klink toon. so at the least, the scarfs from the event should be allowed... :(

I get where you're coming from. It is probably such a minor issue it was just not given any attention by Cryptic. I mean even Worf got to wear his KDF sash thing a few times I thought.
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    why cant i wear a kdf scarf if i am a kdf toon on fed side? im sad by this issue.

It's because you are not a "KDF" toon that is Fed-aligned; there's no such thing. There are Fed klingons but they are not KDF. (KDF being the Klingon Empire's forces.)

the feds got a ship....our catfish...the least they could do is allow us to wear all winter scarfs no matter faction...

Well Cryptic did "roll with it" regarding the Titan so KDFs benefitted from that & gained a ship, at least partially, since the fleet version still isn't available to KDFs yet. Hopefully Cryptic will follow-through eventually.
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    why cant i wear a kdf scarf if i am a kdf toon on fed side? im sad by this issue.

It's because you are not a "KDF" toon that is Fed-aligned; there's no such thing. There are Fed klingons but they are not KDF. (KDF being the Klingon Empire's forces.)

the feds got a ship....our catfish...the least they could do is allow us to wear all winter scarfs no matter faction...

Well Cryptic did "roll with it" regarding the Titan so KDFs benefitted from that & gained a ship, at least partially, since the fleet version still isn't available to KDFs yet. Hopefully Cryptic will follow-through eventually.

they locked it out for any further buys...so i thought. i know the fleet version is a no go for kdf right now...

I believe it's locked for new purchases, but there won't be any actions taken against the Klingon players who bought it. The ingame lore reason is that breakaway Klingon rebels "stole" the ships from Starfleet or something, then those ships got turned over to the alliance or something.. Because you know, TRIBBLE logic.
  • Options
    fatboy54fatboy54 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Just wanted to chime in with a suggestion since I have no idea where else to leave it...

Now that we don't have to run that race every day for the daily event progress, we basically have two races that are pretty much the same thing which is a bit boring. It would be cool if one of them was "repaved" with ice so we had more than just one tiny lake to use frosted boots on.
This discussion has been closed.