test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Character Loading Screen Issues?

nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
I'm just wondering if there's a problem with the login server right now or if my internet is just too slow to run STO at the moment. I get disconnected from the login server a lot and if I do get that far then I'm just stuck with my character list perpetually loading.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Have you gone to the Options menu in the Star Trek Online launcher, turned off On Demand Patching, ticked Force Verify, and let it patch?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    > @sthe91 said:
    > Have you gone to the Options menu in the Star Trek Online launcher, turned off On Demand Patching, ticked Force Verify, and let it patch?

Yep it has been verified, patched, reinstalled from scratch, made an exception in my antivirus, tested with my antivirus turned off altogether, run as administrator, full screen, windowed and run in compatibility mode.

It just doesn't seem like me right now.
  • Options
    I've managed to get in to the game but I can't play it. I can't interact with any NPC or move from my current spot because I keep getting the server not responding message. There is a massive lag between input as well, pressed log out and it took 3 minutes before I was actually logged out.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Do you have an MSI motherboard? When I had problems logging in similar to what you describe it turned out that the game was incompatible with their motherboard utilities, the only ones it tolerates are the MSI Gaming LAN Manager and the Realtek HD Audio Manager (with all DSP effects turned off).

Finally it ran again after turning off or in some cases uninstalling all the other gaming based utilities (not the drivers, those are fine) that came with the board.
This discussion has been closed.