test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Iconian Rep Tier 6 account-wide discount doesn't work?

ironman7#2509 ironman7 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
Hi,

I managed to achieve Iconian Rep Tier 6 today and according to its description, I should receive account-wide discount for any project within Iconian reputation on any of my characters/toons.

However, I checked projects on my toon that completed Tier 6 reputation and on my other toon - I didn't get account wide discount on many projects in that Iconian Reputation.

Is Reputation system bugged or broken? I tried to google it up but no answer. Can anyone with Iconian T6 reputation to check if he or she does get account-wide discount in that reputation?

Or is this "account-wide discount" scam?

thanks for advice/help/info.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    PS before anyone asks - yes I did try to log out all the way (ie logging out and then exit the game, and then I reboot the game. No discount happened at all.
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    If you mean levelling the reputation, it works for me. You should get 5000 points daily for 20-hour project (doubled from 2500). And I think it works from Tier V already. Automatically.

If you mean gear discount, you have to unlock it as one of the projects that you slot in. It's unlocked with Tier VI, and should be available, just scroll the available projects.
  • Options
    varethaelvarethael Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Hi,

I managed to achieve Iconian Rep Tier 6 today and according to its description, I should receive account-wide discount for any project within Iconian reputation on any of my characters/toons.

However, I checked projects on my toon that completed Tier 6 reputation and on my other toon - I didn't get account wide discount on many projects in that Iconian Reputation.

Is Reputation system bugged or broken? I tried to google it up but no answer. Can anyone with Iconian T6 reputation to check if he or she does get account-wide discount in that reputation?

Or is this "account-wide discount" scam?

thanks for advice/help/info.

Reaching T6 reputation is not enough for discount, you must also complete special project available at rep T6, that allows this discount. Its listed as first project just above vanity shield and fleet module.
  • Options
    Thank you for your advices.

It turns out to be technical glitch from the server. I logged back into the game a hour after I posted this issue, and I now can see discounts applies to my toons.

Not sure why the servers didn't register and apply discounts promptly. The main thing is that I got discount at last.

Thanks again everyone for your helps.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User

It turns out to be technical glitch from the server. I logged back into the game a hour after I posted this issue, and I now can see discounts applies to my toons.

Not sure why the servers didn't register and apply discounts promptly. The main thing is that I got discount at last.

Sometimes it does take the server an hour or two to register some things, though mostly that is when buying zen. I have noticed it in some other things though, so I guess rep item discount goes on that "sometimes delayed" list too.
  • Options

Sometimes it does take the server an hour or two to register some things, though mostly that is when buying zen. I have noticed it in some other things though, so I guess rep item discount goes on that "sometimes delayed" list too.

Thank you for sharing your tip on purchases of Zen and other things. That is good to know when you purchase something and if it didn't appear immediately, just try to reboot the game or wait for a hour or two hours to let ther servers register properly.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    edited December 2020
    First I'm going to explain what the t6 discount actually is and then get some info from you. If it's a bug I will move this to the appropriate forum.

The account wide discount applies to projects such as gear requisitions and similar. If for example a project demanded 500 marks, 32,500 dilithium as 2 of its key components, those numbers are halved to 250 and 16,250 respectively. This does NOT apply a discount to the normal daily reputation projects on your other characters as those will still cost 30 marks and some other odds and ends. The discount also doesn't activate automatically as you must complete a small project to unlock the discount. The project is some marks, some dilithium, and other odd bits, but you only have to do that project once and that's it. As another has pointed out, sometimes it can take the server a bit to register certain things. If this has just happened, give it a few hours, especially until after the down time and try to see if you notice a project you can do. If you do then you're good.

As for the info, what do you see on your toon when you look at the rep. describe it for me
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    First I'm going to explain what the t6 discount actually is and then get some info from you. If it's a bug I will move this to the appropriate forum.

The account wide discount applies to projects such as gear requisitions and similar. If for example a project demanded 500 marks, 32,500 dilithium as 2 of its key components, those numbers are halved to 250 and 16,250 respectively. This does NOT apply a discount to the normal daily reputation projects on your other characters as those will still cost 30 marks and some other odds and ends. The discount also doesn't activate automatically as you must complete a small project to unlock the discount. The project is some marks, some dilithium, and other odd bits, but you only have to do that project once and that's it. As another has pointed out, sometimes it can take the server a bit to register certain things. If this has just happened, give it a few hours, especially until after the down time and try to see if you notice a project you can do. If you do then you're good.

As for the info, what do you see on your toon when you look at the rep. describe it for me

some marks...lol. made me laugh at that one. i guess 500 is some?

If you have a halfway decent ship in basic mk xii very rare gear and even half of a cohesive build, you can knock out those marks fairly quickly in less than 3 hours if even that long. For some you only need to hit a battlezone.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options

Thank you. I did that aforementioned special/small project and the discount didn't appear for gear requisition projects (and similar) automatically. I was puzzled that the discount didn't apply immediately to my highest toon (the one that reached 6th Tier rep) and to the rest of my toons. I googled it up and couldn't find answer. One hour later after I posted my original post, I finally saw the discount applied to gear requisitions in all of my toons. It is just technical issue - aka server lagging. That is the first time I experienced so I am now aware of such issue.

Please don't worry - I have account-wide discount successfully. :)
This discussion has been closed.