test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Retrain, our Toons, AGAIN?

olixioolixio Member Posts: 69 Arc User
I recently checked my characters, and had to add back in some of active traits and having to redo my loadouts. But, then, I looked skills and saw “Skills Invalid” with the “Retrain” button ready to go. I already had to do this a month ago, back in October 14th of this year. Everything is properly selected, etc. So, do we really have to perform the task retraining all of our characters' skills, AGAIN? I know for me, this is at least over an hours worth of work. Is there a way you can stop this from happening?

Comments

• Options
    karleya09karleya09 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Agreed - this an having to redo all your traits per loadout is so illogical
    hwRjIGn.gif
  • Options
    karleya09 wrote: »
    Agreed - this an having to redo all your traits per loadout is so illogical

Quite illogical.
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Don't worry...when they break this again in a month, Som will be here shortly to tell you that this is all perfectly normal and industry standard. It's not...but he is absolutely convinced it is...and if they keep listening to the sycophants like him, they may find themselves out of business because this is some unacceptable level of incompetence with this not being even included in the patch note TWICE now. I'm sure Kael will say he didn't get the memo again and Bort will say it was suppose to be there...but there comes a point where it really doesn't matter anymore who is at fault because you will all be out of a job as you continue to not care about the customers anymore. Kael needs to do his GD job and keep us posted on what is happen ON THE FORUM. The devs needs to their GD job and not keep breaking things. The only person doing any sort of a job right now is the head QA guy...but it isn't his job...he is doing Kael's job. So yeah....

I hate to admit this, but this person has a point. If want people to spend money on the game, you have to step up with positive experiences, otherwise, it doesn't build confidence in your ability to carry the game. Adding content is great, but adding bugs is another, and introducing the same but, is another.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,805 Arc User
    Note, I'm not trying to defend anything.

But to me it seems you don't actually need to retrain anything. It has said (and still says) 'skills invalid' on my toons for weeks, and I've just ignored it.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    dojihajimedojihajime Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I will be honest I barely noticed it.
    Star Trek Online Player

City of Heroes Refugee
  • Options
    raijinmeister#1931 raijinmeister Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Anybody observed if you had lost some max hull with the same build and gear after this maintenance?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    dojihajime wrote: »

But to me it seems you don't actually need to retrain anything. It has said (and still says) 'skills invalid' on my toons for weeks, and I've just ignored it.

Okay, that's helpful. Appreciate it.

But, with that said; What happens when it does have an affect on our toons and we have multiple characters that we have to go back and fix? Will it be problematic? Isn't just better for us to report it now, so that we don't have this issue come back? From my perspective, it's why this is called a bug report, as it is better that they fix it now and avoid the issue in future so it doesn't become an problem. So, let's notice it, and let them know.

• Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    It would be nice if they at least announced it.

Agreed!
  • Options
    Anybody observed if you had lost some max hull with the same build and gear after this maintenance?

Sorry, I cannot say for sure. I would post that as a question to the board, and see if others can confirm.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Except it isn't a bug. It's an intentional change.

Are you 100% sure about that? Because, Cryptic didn't announce it.

When reading the original post, and the responses, did you see that we already retrained back in October 14th, roughly a month ago. So, what is the necessity of this change? When you think of this way, there is no reason for it. If it ends up affecting users in the future, it could be fixed now. But, it would be helpful to know if it was intentional and that someone announce it, so that we know what's up.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    olixio wrote: »
    Except it isn't a bug. It's an intentional change.

Are you 100% sure about that? Because, Cryptic didn't announce it.

When reading the original post, and the responses, did you see that we already retrained back in October 14th, roughly a month ago. So, what is the necessity of this change?

Yes, I did. I've also been playing for years, and this happens every time they mess with anything in the skills or traits interface, with the possible exception of adding new specs.

I've been playing for years, as well. So, this is helpful in that you can understand what a hassle this can be when you're playing several toons, or more. Especially, considering it happened twice, within a month. Glad that we cleared that up.
  • Options
    olixio wrote: »
    dojihajime wrote: »

Okay, that's helpful. Appreciate it.

But, with that said; What happens when it does have an affect on our toons and we have multiple characters that we have to go back and fix? Will it be problematic? Isn't just better for us to report it now, so that we don't have this issue come back? From my perspective, it's why this is called a bug report, as it is better that they fix it now and avoid the issue in future so it doesn't become an problem. So, let's notice it, and let them know.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's good that you're reporting it.

I'm just saying what I said for people who don't want to go through the hassle of retraining all their toons. It may be worth it to wait until they can confirm that you don't have to do it all again next week.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    What I did notice is that my traits tended to be erased.

So make sure you save your current load out, it shouldn't say 'sunaved changes' between brackets before you change maps.

• Options
    bjchase55#4602 bjchase55 Member Posts: 2 Arc User

I just tried this on one of my toons that said "invalid skills". I went into a patrol to look at the ship's stats for max hull, max shield, and shield regen. They were identical so it looks like skills allocated in the skill tree are still active even though it says "invalid skills".