test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gamma quadrant queues. Anyone else experiencing difficulties getting them to pop?

questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
See title.
Trying to get them going for the universal endeavor, but so far to no avail.
This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Couldn't tell you about this queue, but have you tried getting into the Crystalline Catastrophe lately? You will add layers of dust on your body during however long your normal sleep cycle is waiting for that one to pop!

Doesn't matter what time of day, or day of the week either. Crystalline Catastrophe ain't gonna show up!
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    > @captainwells said:
    > Couldn't tell you about this queue, but have you tried getting into the Crystalline Catastrophe lately? You will add layers of dust on your body during however long your normal sleep cycle is waiting for that one to pop!
    >
    > Doesn't matter what time of day, or day of the week either. Crystalline Catastrophe ain't gonna show up!

Oh I actually got one to start to test the absurd burst power of my t6x epg sci ship.

But yea you are right. Finding 9 other peeps in game lining up for it is a rare occurrence these days.

Curious if in a year from now the same will happen to 5 man maps even under full support of the rtfo mechanic.

Hard to believe that there was actually a time where the queue window showed me 800 players currently playing Crystalline. 😑
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    People won't join because they can no longer see how many are queued. Noone in their right mind queues blindly with no way of knowing how long they have to wait. Removing that indicator was a very stupid thing to do, Cryptic!
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • Options
    bishop#7533 bishop Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Yeap still broken
  • Options
    pet1e86pet1e86 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    > @captainwells said:
    > Couldn't tell you about this queue, but have you tried getting into the Crystalline Catastrophe lately? You will add layers of dust on your body during however long your normal sleep cycle is waiting for that one to pop!
    >
    > Doesn't matter what time of day, or day of the week either. Crystalline Catastrophe ain't gonna show up!

Oh I actually got one to start to test the absurd burst power of my t6x epg sci ship.

But yea you are right. Finding 9 other peeps in game lining up for it is a rare occurrence these days.

Curious if in a year from now the same will happen to 5 man maps even under full support of the rtfo mechanic.

Hard to believe that there was actually a time where the queue window showed me 800 players currently playing Crystalline. 😑

Surprised more don't queue, it's like the easiest farming mission for alts to do, takes 2 minutes, rewards 720 dil, daily marks with bonus then converted is another 1000 dil, 1720 dil for 2 mins work across each alt.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    pet1e86 wrote: »
    > @captainwells said:
    >

Surprised more don't queue, it's like the easiest farming mission for alts to do, takes 2 minutes, rewards 720 dil, daily marks with bonus then converted is another 1000 dil, 1720 dil for 2 mins work across each alt.

It's either not as bad as they're saying here or I just got really lucky this morning. I queued for CCA at about 6:46 AM Eastern this morning, a time when a good portion of people east of New Zealand all the way to Afghanistan or so are otherwise occupied with sleep, school or work, and it took about 4 minutes for it to pop. It's not like a few years ago, where it would reliably pop within a minute, but it's certainly not some overly-long wait like it's been painted by people in here.

For reference, DPS Silver had about 170 people on at this time, around half of the 300 or so that I noted at around 1 PM Eastern time, showing how low the overall server population was at the time.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    I think it is primarily regional difficulties. For me, Europe GMT+1 in the evening it CCA pops regularly
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    I should have mentioned that I play on Xbox One, if that makes any difference? In my experience the queues mostly likely to pull you in when opting for randomized insertion are Azure Nebula Rescue, Infected: The Conduit, Hive Onslaught or Romulan Imperial Minefield. About three of four others once in a while, but the rest of the available queues are more seldom to never in nature.

I had thought that Cryptic addressed this in a patch from a year or more ago, to balance out the randomized nature of queues, but frankly if that was the case then something broke in that mechanic shortly afterwards and has gone the way of the dodo? Sort of like the little symbols that they put up to identify event created characters on the log in screen, for well over a year only my Delta Recruit has retained her symbol, the rest have been absent?
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    I should have mentioned that I play on Xbox One, if that makes any difference? In my experience the queues mostly likely to pull you in when opting for randomized insertion are Azure Nebula Rescue, Infected: The Conduit, Hive Onslaught or Romulan Imperial Minefield. About three of four others once in a while, but the rest of the available queues are more seldom to never in nature.

I had thought that Cryptic addressed this in a patch from a year or more ago, to balance out the randomized nature of queues, but frankly if that was the case then something broke in that mechanic shortly afterwards and has gone the way of the dodo? Sort of like the little symbols that they put up to identify event created characters on the log in screen, for well over a year only my Delta Recruit has retained her symbol, the rest have been absent?

It would make a difference, the PC using population is higher than console from what I hear.
This discussion has been closed.