test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

chars missing from account!! - RESTORING DATABASE - FIXED!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    I suppose I got off lightly, given the number of characters I have, but have only found one missing at the moment (the number of free character slots increasing by one on the account was a dead giveaway as soon as the account loaded). An older KDF character, not one of my primaries, but would fit the timeframe for creation that has mention for characters disappearing.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I suppose I got off lightly, given the number of characters I have, but have only found one missing at the moment (the number of free character slots increasing by one on the account was a dead giveaway as soon as the account loaded). An older KDF character, not one of my primaries, but would fit the timeframe for creation that has mention for characters disappearing.

Yes, i know i had no free slots, i was going to buy 2 in a sale, but didnt, so when 3 available slots appeared, i knew something went wrong, hope tomorrow get fixed (if they push the fix tomorrow, that is)
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I hope they get it fixed, my oldest/first char I made back in 2011 is missing, but strangely my next 2 oldest chars made around the same time are still there.
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    " Thank you for your continued Patience.

Good news, the team has been working diligently and may have it resolved sooner than tomorrow.

There were a total of 1772 deleted characters that we’ve found.
    827 characters in one group have already been restored, and should appear exactly as last touched by you the customer.

The remaining 945 should be processed in the next 2 hours(From my reply). These characters are going to be restored from a database snapshot from 5:37am on 10/6.

This means that if any of these customers were playing these characters until the shard was shut down at 6:01am, they could have up to 24 minutes of unsaved progress during that time."

Got this just now. :)
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    I got it as a reponse to the ticket I submitted last night.
  • Options
    angarus1 wrote: »
    I got it as a reponse to the ticket I submitted last night.

Thanks, yeah, i got that one too, i'll see if tomorrow all or most of my chars get restored, so, still hope! :smile:
  • Options
    Ok, after database restoration, chars are back, i hope everyone affected had their chars back as well, let me know!
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I am the first to jump on Cryptic when they drop the ball.. in this case credit needs to be given where it's richly deserved.

Issues happen, but they fixed this one quickly and efficiently. Props to them on that, well done Cryptic!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    phubbykun wrote: »

Good news, the team has been working diligently and may have it resolved sooner than tomorrow.

827 characters in one group have already been restored, and should appear exactly as last touched by you the customer.

The remaining 945 should be processed in the next 2 hours(From my reply). These characters are going to be restored from a database snapshot from 5:37am on 10/6.

This means that if any of these customers were playing these characters until the shard was shut down at 6:01am, they could have up to 24 minutes of unsaved progress during that time."

Where is this? Because it sure isn't on the forums here, or their reddit, or their twitter, or their facebook.

Is this (1772 characters) for just one person or whole STO? Wonder what led to this or any explanation for this huge mistake?

• Options

Where is this? Because it sure isn't on the forums here, or their reddit, or their twitter, or their facebook.

Is this (1772 characters) for just one person or whole STO? Wonder what led to this or any explanation for this huge mistake?

Seems to be from vaious accounts, they had a database crash, so had to do a restore...
  • Options

Seems to be from vaious accounts, they had a database crash, so had to do a restore to do the recovery
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    If they had a database crash, everyone would've been affected. My guess is that there was some sort of corruption. 827 characters were recoverable. The nonrecoverable ones were restored (to a second database) and then copied over.
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User

They posted that too, I guess all should be fixed but if anyone still has problem probably should contact them
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »

They posted that too, I guess all should be fixed but if anyone still has problem probably should contact them

Thank you for posting this. I hope is SAFE to return to STO.
  • Options
    traxartraxar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Just want to take a moment to give a huge thanks to the support team for not only resolving the issue, but also the great communication along the way, letting me know the status, what the issue was etc. Great job 10/10.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    1: this should absolutely have never happened, and people need to say that over and over and over and over. No excuses for this happening, period.

2: kudos to the support people for getting this resolved quickly. That absolutely does not change the above point, but at least they did their part to fix a bad situation in a timely manner.

3: the people who this happened to (myself not being one of them) deserve more than a simple fix. Cryptic should give them something cool to make up for having something this ridiculous happen to them in the first place. A free 3 pack of ship upgrade tokens would be a nice gesture IMO.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.