test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crash on startup

revskip1963revskip1963 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Anyone else having the game to crash on startup after patch on 10/06/2020? Cannot get into game.

Comments

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    Anyone else having the game to crash on startup after patch on 10/06/2020? Cannot get into game.

You can try and start it in 'safe mode' (it's an option in the Cryptic STO launcher); but if you do that and get in, you'll need to redo all you video/graphics settings in game as 'Safe Mode' resets everything to absolute minimum defaults..
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • tariser12tariser12 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I'm getting a similar issue, but it says my video card needs direct x 10 or higher I'm using Direct x 11 as far as I know so I'm a bit confused. It is an old card, but what does it actual need to run the game?
    Where are the new system requirements posted?
  • skullreapers2skullreapers2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have been trying for the last two hours and still crash and only getting to run around from arc and those dumb game masters and im tried STO is how i release stress and they are making more stress
  • I have an issue where I travel between systems and the game loading gets stuck at 46.80% and then it crashes. It seems to be starting today
  • nikola123#8041 nikola123 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    > @tariser12 said:
    > I'm getting a similar issue, but it says my video card needs direct x 10 or higher I'm using Direct x 11 as far as I know so I'm a bit confused. It is an old card, but what does it actual need to run the game?
    > Where are the new system requirements posted?

Same here.....
  • captiantomcaptiantom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    cant get into game. wont let me report this new direct x graphical issue. i have direct x 11. why did you do this to us Cryptic? please someone help! All my Specs are up to date!
    Admiral Thomas Cullen