test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sounds to loud and Graphics with Huge whiteouts.

parish#5017 parish Member Posts: 127 Arc User
Long ago there were complaints about not being able to see what your doing when in teams and it was said that you would fix that. Instead it's getting worse. Whiteouts seem to be the new trend, someone really likes to use large opaque whiteouts that last several seconds and if your unlucky enough to be in the area it is cast in your totally blind the entire time.
This new Electrified Anomalies trait is much to loud if your close to it, Nice effect but does it really have to be that loud?
I am enjoying the creativity but we players still need to see what we are doing to enjoy the game. I'm losing the desire to do tfos, that will likely lead to not wanting to play. Lose the white outs and cap the volume to some uniform acceptable level.
If I am having issues there are many more that say nothing and just get tired of it and leave.
On the ground it is MUCH worse.
Take care.
LLAP

Not sure where to post this, it's not a bug. Just a please consider this.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    It was a terrible decision to make it affect other players views.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    At least that is a choice. There's one Delta Patrol that I HATE because it does the flash every few minutes.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Several have called for reduction in 'visual spam.'

The Risan Weather Control ship, recently released is one of the most visually 'spammy' ships yet, and the upcoming mission reward set looks like it also spams flashy visuals all over the screen.

The one thing that seems clear so far is that Cryptic not only has no interest in reducing the visual effects.. they are trying to further increase them.

Mm... Spam..

spam-wall.0.0.jpg
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    When I say choice, I mean people can choose to USE it or not. I have one, I sometimes choose to use it, but I also have the other three summon devices and tend to lean more towards using the Hur'q beacon more. That one Delta Patrol... while you're there you get blinded like every 2 minutes or so because of apparent solar activity. I avoid that patrol like the plague because of it.

Imagine having a Beacon of Kahless going off every two minutes, without the added benefit of summoning ships to help. That... is I believe the Farn System patrol in Delta Quad.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    I just stay the TRIBBLE out of the Delta quadrant, period. I couldn't wait to get out when I was done with DR, and I have not intentionally been back since. In truth, I mostly just stick to Alpha and Beta quadrants.
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    True.

What I meant is that you can't choose to avoid the Beacon of Kahless flash, because if someone ELSE on the map uses the device, you get hit with the flash anyway. I haven't had the beacon even on my tray in months (on ANY character) and I still get hit with it multiple times a day.

I have noticed that the Beacon seems to have a range. The farther away you are from it the less it blinds you. Theoretically that means, using say... Infected, someone could pop a Beacon on the right side, and people on the left side would have minimal impact. The main issue is that whenever it does get used, everyone's generally grouped together. And of couse the user is always blinded by it.
  • Options
    xceptionalzeroxceptionalzero Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    The visual spam makes it impossible to see whats happening on screen. Its killing the game. I only play TFO'S if i need an endeavour points....multiplayer content is just a freaking techno disco on acid. Its been creeping in over the last few years and its getting worse.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I already play the game with low monitor brightness in TFOs, which to me dulls the colors (high hz for competitive gaming but poor color reproduction especially on low), to not hurt my eyes on medium brightness from the full screen flashes whenever borg or whatever ships blow up, something that didn't occur so often but started to since the borg revamp.

New monitors are really bright, and I put up with full screen flashbangs in other games just fine on near full screen brightness since they happen quite rare and simulate a real experience and it has real counters, but STO is just FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH end of TFO congrats.

Really doubt the devs play their own game, or are even competent at it, to notice or even care. Maybe they're just doing it deliberately, to troll the player base on purpose. I don't care so much about the visual acid trip aspect that makes it look NOT star trek, but the DAMN FULL SCREEN FLASHES HAPPENING SO OFTEN THAT ARE VISUALLY PAINFUL AND 100% BLINDING.

I really don't care. I hope this game turns into a strobe light of a joke, players leave myself included, a random magazine makes a footnote of it in some historical archive nobody reads.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
This discussion has been closed.