test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Mystery Arc issues

somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 10,222 Arc User
edited September 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
(Note: The term DBB refers to dialog box backgrounds)

Empress Sela
-Tokah's VA says "Franklin Drake says you can be trusted, Admiral, and that is enough for me." but his text box says "My contact says you can be trusted, Admiral, and that is enough for me."
-Federation diplomat ships warp out, then immediately warp back in, after freeing them from the satellites
-T'nae has no DBB when calling her to inform her of Sela's invasion, or when she is on her ship
-T'nae lacks VA for mission turn in text

Desperate Measures
-T'nae lacks VA for mission accept text
-The Pilatus map/minimap camera is misaligned, causing it to clip out part of the planets
-Going in the circular asteroid ring in the lower left hand side of the Pilatus system map causes the effect for entering a planet's atmosphere to appear, despite there being no planet there
-The Transporter Officer, Head Researcher Lynian, and T'Kela, lack VA

Shadow Play
-T'nae mentions "Dimorus Station" in the mission accept text, and VA, instead of Gasko Station
-T'Kela, Commander Jomar, Councilor Rehu, Subcommander S'Ten, Subcommander T'Manda, Relkin, Commander Tarlea, and Commander Xereth, lack VA
-T'Kela, and Relkin, have no DBBs, despite one being made for the planet, and being used for other NPCs there
-BOFF DBB shows the BOFF on the planet Virinat, when dialog makes it clear they are on the ship.

Taris
-Gaius Selan lacks VA for the line "He has most likely cloaked. The technology I used to track him is not localized enough to detect the ship, only follow a general trail."
-The Iconian Gateway glows, and has an interact button, despite not being able to interact with it
-Gaius, and your BOFFs, lack DBBs for the last bit of dialog in the Iconian facility, despite one being used in earlier conversations
-Gaius Selan doesn't beam back up to the ship with the player after completing the Iconian ground section
-The Belfast warps out, then warps back in, at the end of the mission
Post edited by somtaawkhar on

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    A lot of the VA for these missions exists within the game files, and certainly used to play when these re-mastered Romulan Mystery arc missions were released. What broke to stop them playing?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • celebrithilcelebrithil Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    How about this one? I completed everything in the Taris - Uncovering the Past mission but instead of wrapping up, giving me my rewards and advancing (or ending), it reset as if I had never run the mission at all. Support believes it's some kind of bug but told me they can't fix it and directed me here to see if anybody else had experienced it. Has this happened to anybody else? Is there a workaround, fix or something that needs to be done differently in order to complete the mission and get the rewards? I'm reluctant to re-run it in case anything worse happens but I will if there's a reasonable chance that it might wrap up successfully.
    Post edited by celebrithil on
  • aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Cryptic having an effective quality control department is frankly, quite overdue! I mean they appear to host weekly pizza parties or beer fests for the gang, so maybe expecting them to check things out a bit closer isn't too much to ask!
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 562 Arc User
    Is the shuttle issue (along with not being able to use the 1 shuttle station) also part of the overall Romulan Mystery arc issues as well (considering one needs to use the shuttle for The Vault)?