Comments

• Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    screenshot or it didn't happen
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    Is it snowing?

Is a hurricane a-blowing?
    ...Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing...
    Are the fires of hell a-glowing?
    Is the grisly reaper mowing?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    As I have been unable to play due to dying modem for the last week... I have no idea what's happening on ESD.

But I'll just blame Q.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Must have snowed itself out, I don't see anything at ESD.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    When you are on ESD, does it seem to snow more if you shake your head vigorously? If so you may want to change shampoo...
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User

I do not like this kind of response. Just because someone did not screenshot it does not mean it did not happen. Especially since this forum is not screenshot-friendly which I wish it was.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    I don't like those kinds of responses either. I don't mind when its in an obviously joking manner, but when its basically used as "give proof or be declared a liar in public"... its a bit more insulting.
    Honestly the very fact we're DISCUSSING this should be proof that something strange happened.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Not saying it did or did not happen, but if it did, it may be portents of what's to come this Winter (Event).
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    So, did it seriously snow on ESD? As it's the weekend, I played early and spent time with family. If I missed something cool, I'll be sad...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    crm14916 wrote: »
    So, did it seriously snow on ESD? As it's the weekend, I played early and spent time with family. If I missed something cool, I'll be sad...

I actually saw someone posted a short video on Facebook. And it was snowing.
  • Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User

Well whatever you think, it did, but not with every character for me. I'm sorry I didn't think to get a screenshot, but there was discussion in zone chat about it, so it definitely wasn't just me!!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    All y'all carrying on like you've never accidentally spilled your raktajino all over the environmental controls...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Not Raktajino, as I don't drink the stuff... and the lemonade wasn't on the Enviro Controls... it was on the Tactical Controls... I will spare you the destructive details of that particular incident, and the cleanup that followed...

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    Is that what happened when the Undine attacked ESD?
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Apologies. It wasn't my intention to cast serious aspersions on OP's veracity. I thought the post was a joke, so I responded in what was intended to be a joking manner.

Perhaps the long quarantine has stressed our sense of humor?
  • Options
    You are forgiven, chastity. I am just not good at detecting sarcasm, period. Especially, on the Internet. Just that too many times when I see people type that, it seems dismissive of people's claims. Besides I do not always screenshot things in game and this forum does not operate like another forum I frequent, where you can attach the screenshots from your computer to the post. If it did, I would post more bug reports with screenshots attached Instead I have to use a secondary image posting service like Imgr and others which I do not want to use. So when I do post I give as much of a detailed description of the problem as I can.
  • Options
    mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Use a winter tribble go to the upper deck in ESD and just rub it off...snow will fall. Rinse and repeat pig-2.gif​​
  • Options
    foxfire2000foxfire2000 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Yeah i was doing my rep for my charactors and when i loaded up my sci guy who was on the starbase it was snowing with the wind sound effects......and for one horrible minute i thought my video card was about to give up the ghost, but thankfully it was not my side. :)
  • Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    Use a winter tribble go to the upper deck in ESD and just rub it off...snow will fall. Rinse and repeat pig-2.gif​​

Well, you live and learn! And no offence taken @chastity1337
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »
    You are forgiven, chastity. I am just not good at detecting sarcasm, period. Especially, on the Internet. Just that too many times when I see people type that, it seems dismissive of people's claims. Besides I do not always screenshot things in game and this forum does not operate like another forum I frequent, where you can attach the screenshots from your computer to the post. If it did, I would post more bug reports with screenshots attached Instead I have to use a secondary image posting service like Imgr and others which I do not want to use. So when I do post I give as much of a detailed description of the problem as I can.

Maybe Dropbox? Can do more than just screenshots too if you have things you want to save, but I've actually used it to share screenshots on the forums.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    don't know about snowfall, but a snowball or two can be thrown
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Biothermal Dampener, maybe? I don't think there are any party horns with snow effects on them, so can't be that. Most kits can't be used on ESD, but maybe something like an Endothermic Induction Field or Cold Fusion Flash, or maybe even that one icy terrain stasis module could have done it?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »
    sthe91 wrote: »

Maybe Dropbox? Can do more than just screenshots too if you have things you want to save, but I've actually used it to share screenshots on the forums.

Thanks for the suggestion but again I would rather attach the screenshots into the post like one can do in the forums for Star Trek: Alien Domain and Star Trek: Alien Domain: Incursion. Why does Cryptic or PWE in their Vanilla forums have to make it so difficult? I also wish that copy and pasting could be done in the Arc client like you can do using an Internet browser with the forums but sadly are not able to copy and paste an Internet link into Arc or just copy and paste a link in client itself. This functionality exists in Discord but not Arc. Finally, when you click on a link that is within the Star Trek Online forums, it opens up the link in your Internet browser instead of opening that forum link in the client. Sorry for going on a tangent, rattler2. It is not your fault. :)
This discussion has been closed.