test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Discovery Arc starter mission Downfall issue

chuckdotsonchuckdotson Member Posts: 14 Arc User
I am finding it inpossable to finish the Discovery era mission Downfall. The problum comes into play when the 2 other starfleet ships go to help the starbase. And i'm left alone to Deal with I.K.S. Lukara. I have reset the mission 3 times I even deleted the Discovery era char and started over same issue. So i'm at a lost also I have summited a bug report and GM ticket.

Comments

• Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Ooooo, I am not the only one, then. :o
    Yep, the Lukara is very hard to damage, plus the other enemy ships respawn after I nailed them. :#

Had to quit it, it was so hard. :s

"You have to finish the Lukara, NOW!" SHUT UP, SHRAN!!!!!!! >_<;; *flails arms anime style*
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    falco1701falco1701 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I had the same problem. I noticed that in the fight the Lukara had wondered off pretty far from the base and all the other ships had been destroyed. So that may be the problem. It just kept regenerating at a incredible rate. So I ending up just warping out of the mission and then continuing the mission right away and it put me back in the beginning of this section of the mission and was able to complete it.
  • Options
    jsmithjrjsmithjr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I tried to warp out and restart the mission three times--each time the same result. I get it down to about 68%, the other ships bail and I'm dead soon after. Lukara regenerates way too fast and those raiders eat you alive. Tried once to take out raiders, but by the time you do that Lukara is at 100% or near and I'm dead soon after. Until this issue's fixed, my Disco toon is going to be sitting in sector space.
  • Options
    aacevedoaacevedo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    just tried doing this on my new level 7 character. Lukara is not taking any damage at all once the raiders spawn I'm dead.. tried dropping exiting.. returning still die..
    tried multiple times.. this mission is definately broken.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    @darkbladejk @wingedhussar#7584 Please move this to PC Gameplay Bug Reports. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    moved
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    mornmist01mornmist01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I had this issue too. Gave up for the night.
  • Options
    phaylis#2560 phaylis Member Posts: 1 New User
    Having same issue wil support of the other two star ships get in down to about 60% then they leave and no bueno from that point on.
  • Options
    grauz#9141 grauz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Add me to the list of people having this issue. I've made multiple attempts all with the same results mentioned above.
  • Options
    garetstormgaretstorm Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Plus one from me as well. Decided to try STO again after not playing it for a few years and decided to roll a discovery character. This was incredibly frustrating. Tried various strategies that I could remember from when I played regularly but there's just no way to beat this currently as a level 7 toon. The dang ship has like 43k hit points and regenerates way too quickly.
  • Options
    chuckdotsonchuckdotson Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    As of right now I still have not been able to finish that mission. They are aware of the issue and offer no way to fix it. So I have decided till they fix it I will not play that toon
  • Options
    2 months later and, this mission is still broken, lukara just wont die, how long does it take for them to fix a bug?
  • Options
    dackfdst#6726 dackfdst Member Posts: 1 New User
    Two years later it is still a valid bug.
  • Options
    gamther#6391 gamther Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I think how I passed It was power to shields and just focus on keeping your ship alive
  • Options
    captainkccaptainkc Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    December 2023 and the mission is STILL bugged. Yo Craptic, how long does it take you to fix a damn bug??

After checking out the this gameplay video I figured out that it goes wrong for me at about 15:31. I understand that J'Ula and the IKS Lukara appear, the other ships break off to deal with the rest of the Klingons, and the Lukara is supposed to destroy the starbase in a cutscene. But the Lukara never does, instead going around and around in a circle. It never went beneath 90 percent shields no matter what I shoot at it, and I get destroyed. I tried to warp out and back in, but it still picks up at the starbase evacuation part.

So until Cryptic decides to finally patch the bug - or never - I'm skipping Downfall.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ... stuff. --the Doctor, "Blink"