test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Regenatron

wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 393 Arc User
Who needs heals when you have 545% regen?
(Out of Combat - During combat regen floats between 400%-450% depending on which buffs are active).
I'm not sure if the 450% regen/minute is based on current hull size of 350,000 or my lower base hull size, but either way it is a lot of regen per second -- enough that I never need to heal, so I replaced my eng BOFFs shield/hull heals with temporal abilities.

All the regen and hull did come at expense of crit chance since I replaced locator consoles with hull/beam consoles and sci consoles with regen consoles, lowering my crit-chance from mid-40's down to 30% - still respectable.

tLxfBLC.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    If my math is right at ~450%, you're getting ~26k hull per second, though I'm not sure when the ticks actually come for hull regen.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    A word of advice, don't rely on regen and capacity alone. It's not the stats you have that matter as much as it is your ability to maintain it. it's cool that you've been able to get those stats, but that regen alone won't save you in some of the higher difficulty content. For hull regen, it drops to 20% of its full value in combat. so in actuality assuming that 550% is unbuffed then you're only going to see 110% of it in combat. that's going to be about 5942.1 hull per second you will see just from pure regen in combat. If you're getting hit from multiple foes at once then that's not the greatest amount of healing ever. even if all you have is one or two heals you will want them for later.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    So... do we have our first official Zombie Regen build? Or we still packing a lot of heals as well?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    For hull regen, it drops to 20% of its full value in combat. so in actuality assuming that 550% is unbuffed then you're only going to see 110% of it in combat.

As soon as combat starts, before I have any combat buffs, my regen drops down to 327%...that's as low as it gets. Then once ships start firing back at me my regen goes back up - for example, I get +120% when an enemy crit hits me.
    I'm not sure where the 20% number cited above comes from...

• Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    So... do we have our first official Zombie Regen build? Or we still packing a lot of heals as well?

First time I have heard the phrase "zombie regen build". I only have one hull heal from boffs -- This ship has a Lieutenant Engineer slot (non-temporal) so I had to pick 2 from Eng set and I chose:
    1. Emergency Power to Weapons (triggers my Emergency Weapon Cycle starship trait)

2. Aux Power to Structural Integrity (A minor hull heal that also buffs resists and has low cooldown). I dont actually use it during missions because by the time I think to click on it, any damage has been regenn'ed away, so I'll might replace with Emergency Power to Engines for which I have a DOFF that causes it to reset cooldown on Evasive, but unfortunately it adds to cooldown on EPW.

• Options
    Normally when one refers to a Zombie build, it means dang near impossible to kill. Combination of resistances and sheer number of heals.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    That's really cool. I also started to believe in (passive) shield regen and it does keep my ships alive in elite patrols by blocking otherwise lethal torpedo spreads. I raise shield power to max, 2/3 shield regen skill points, 2 ShReg R&D mod consoles, 1/3 shield hardness, shield overload trait, space trait that regens shields from cannon fire, and my ships get to properly shield tank quite a bit and then top off quickly.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    Regenatron? Long lost brother of Megatron? ;)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

First time I have heard the phrase "zombie regen build". I only have one hull heal from boffs -- This ship has a Lieutenant Engineer slot (non-temporal) so I had to pick 2 from Eng set and I chose:
    1. Emergency Power to Weapons (triggers my Emergency Weapon Cycle starship trait)

2. Aux Power to Structural Integrity (A minor hull heal that also buffs resists and has low cooldown). I dont actually use it during missions because by the time I think to click on it, any damage has been regenn'ed away, so I'll might replace with Emergency Power to Engines for which I have a DOFF that causes it to reset cooldown on Evasive, but unfortunately it adds to cooldown on EPW.

The term Zombie build is usually a PvP term.

With respect to EPtE (doffed to reset Evasive) putting EPtW into cool down do you have room for or have you tried 2-3 very rare damage control engineers of the 'emergency power' variant as active duty doffs so that you can use a single copy of each of those two emergency powers without conflict?

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Specialization:_Damage_Control_Engineer#Emergency_Power_.2B_Elachi_variant
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    I tried a similar build on my Borg Juggernaut, but lately I've been flying some other ships instead, I might go back and try to pump the regeneration even higher
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    I can't tell from the picture (and you don't say) but are those *regular* hull-regen sci consoles or the Disco-rep consoles that also offer crit chance or hull capacity?

Almost every console either boosts hull capacity or regen. The tac consoles are all Disco-era consoles with +hull, and the engineering consoles are uni consoles with +hull%, while the sci consoles are disco consoles boosting both regen and hull. The weapons are all integrity-linked for more +hull, and the space set (shield, core, engine, deflector) either directly or via set bonus increase hull (it was tough to give up my competitive engine that gives speed bursts but I was maxing both hull and regen in this build. I have several loadouts for this ship...this is the hull loadout. The main loadout goes is much more heavy on crit chance (but no ship has as much crit chance as my Rommy ship which is 50% crit chance, unbuffed, out of combat).
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Something that would probably give you a little more is to replace those disco armor consoles with fleet neutronium consoles. I think they give a tiny bit more hull capacity, and give all resistances instead of the few the disco consoles offer.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    If you can afford it you should try out this build on the Vecrid hive. That thing has by far the highest hull hp in the game
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    westx211 wrote: »
    If you can afford it you should try out this build on the Vecrid hive. That thing has by far the highest hull hp in the game

The 26th century temporal dreadnoughts have very high hull. There are only a few ships with higher base hull (including Hurq Hive and Klingon Sarcophagus). The only way I would be able to test with the hive is if someone gives me one -- I'm willing to test it if someone has a spare!

I have a dozen characters and most of them have one unique ship each (lockbox or Lobi). I have no plans to acquire the hive on any of them.

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    Something that would probably give you a little more is to replace those disco armor consoles with fleet neutronium consoles. I think they give a tiny bit more hull capacity, and give all resistances instead of the few the disco consoles offer.

Last I poked at the numbers to convert the [HullHP] Fleet Dil Mine armor to percent, they actually came out to be less than Pax Disco Rep consoles at the same mark and rarity. Also, there's two Disco Armor types, Triburnium Alloy that covers all the standard energy types and Monotanium Alloy which covers Kinetic and Physical, one each of those and you'll have most of the coverage of 2x Nuetronium, beyond some weird stuff like Fire and Cold in space.
  • Options
    I tried a similar build on my Borg Juggernaut, but lately I've been flying some other ships instead, I might go back and try to pump the regeneration even higher

The Borg Jugg for some reason has a really low hull modifier, less than an average Fleet battlecruiser, so Hull regen won't help nearly as much.
    Side note: The forum bug where the buttons fall off the post if you type too much is annoying.
  • Options
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Side note: The forum bug where the buttons fall off the post if you type too much is annoying.

Yup. And I think they're already aware of it as we have even provided screenshot evidence to be passed up the chain of command.
  • Options

The 26th century temporal dreadnoughts have very high hull. There are only a few ships with higher base hull (including Hurq Hive and Klingon Sarcophagus). The only way I would be able to test with the hive is if someone gives me one -- I'm willing to test it if someone has a spare!

I have a dozen characters and most of them have one unique ship each (lockbox or Lobi). I have no plans to acquire the hive on any of them.

The Hurq Hive actually has the highest Hull in the game at the moment but you are right, its currently a promo ship and very hard to obtain. The Sarcophagus is a bit lower in HP, but much easier to obtain.
  • Options
    I had no idea my Sarco was that much of a beast.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    1.7: Hur'q Vedcrid Hive Dreadnought Carrier
    1.675: Sarcophagus Dreadnought Carrier
    1.55: Durgath Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Battlecruiser
    1.466: Fleet Exploration Cruiser (T6) (Galaxy class)
    0.99: Fleet Intrepid Long Range Science Vessel (Voyager)

There are several other Dreadnought Carrier ships in the game, most with hull modifiers ranging from 1.35-1.55. Also, it seems some legendary ships got a boost to their hull modifier.

My ship (the Durgath , above) is classified as a Dreadnought Battlecruiser rather than a Dreadnought Carrier, although it has 2 hanger bays, so I'm not sure what the distinction is.
  • Options
    I think third place has been taken by Fleet Vo'Quv Carrier (T6) with it's 1.595 hull modifier, so that could be a cheap option (using Tier 6 Fleet Modules from Rep). Also, the KDF Miracle Worker Cruisers tie the Durgath's at 1.55 hull modifier.
This discussion has been closed.