test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What do you most want to see from Picard?

Comments

• Options
    What I would to see is those Picard ships in the Zen-/C-Store instead of hiding them in boxes.

This.

Seriously, please stop it...
    "Oh hey there, look everyone! That one cool ship from that show or movie,
    and it is also a lot better than the garbage we sell on the Zen-Store!
    All you gotta do is keep gambling until your bank calls you for
    suspicious account activity! And better hurry up, because we will only
    be selling this for a limited time, to give you even more of an incentive!"

Just friggin sell it for Mudds Market prices if you're so concerned about profit... -_-
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    Have you thought that maybe Cryptic has their hands tied behind their backs due to what CBS says? Maybe CBS said it could not be in the C-Store but had to be done in a R & D pack promo like they do with the TOS Connie.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Stop blaming CBS. This flouts the traditions of this game. Main Faction, Contemporary to STO, Ubiquitous ship = C-Store.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Only the Romulan Bird of Prey we saw I liked.....and they scragged it quickly after like "You want some classic trek? Here you go, TRIBBLE you!" sorta vibe it gave me.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Stop blaming CBS. This flouts the traditions of this game. Main Faction, Contemporary to STO, Ubiquitous ship = C-Store.

I am not blaming CBS, Cryptic has had to go through them since they are a licensed game. Oh, if you could only sit through those meetings. If you do not believe me, ask Cryptic themselves. Also, while I do not necessarily agree with these promo boxes, at the same time there has been a pattern in regards to new series, that items will be in a box of some kind whether it is a lockbox, R &D promo box, etc. Except when it is a new uniform, DOFFs, etc until they are put in Mudd's Market. So sadly this fits the pattern that has been established.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    karr2k3karr2k3 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    Romulan ships would be nice, but something other than another tac ship. We have enough tac ships, how about a sci warbird for a change. And for the love of Picard, please please please do NOT make it a gamblebox reward.

More than a new romulan ship I would like to see a new storyline. I said storyline, not story. Can we have more than just one or two new missions please?

There is a sci warbird and those warbirds in Picard are anything but science vessels.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    A better second season. :)
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    > @handsomepotato86#4719 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > This.
    >
    >
    >
    > Seriously, please stop it...
    > "Oh hey there, look everyone! That one cool ship from that show or movie,
    > and it is also a lot better than the garbage we sell on the Zen-Store!
    > All you gotta do is keep gambling until your bank calls you for
    > suspicious account activity! And better hurry up, because we will only
    > be selling this for a limited time, to give you even more of an incentive!"
    >
    > Just friggin sell it for Mudds Market prices if you're so concerned about profit... -_-

In this case its not actually better than anything in the c store. In fact the Fleet Gargarin is arguably better.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    What I would to see is those Picard ships in the Zen-/C-Store instead of hiding them in boxes.

Give Harry Mudd time, I'm sure he's working on a way to steal the plans of those ships, and bargain with an Orion or Ferengi shipyard to mass-produce them so he can sell them for a TRIBBLEload of Zen.

Just wish he'd hurry up with certain other ships like the Tarantula.
  • Options
    diggingcrumpetdiggingcrumpet Member Posts: 88 Bug Hunter
    Ships, warp and transporter effects, uniforms
  • Options
    I want to see the Picard I knew in TNG.....not this feeble old TRIBBLE that everyone is making look like an old, sorry fool.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    kemaiku#5456 kemaiku Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    It, and everything from it, treated as separate a timeline from ST:O as the Kelvin one.

Don't really appreciate having to make my Martian main character some refugee from her own planet that was just fine when I joined the game. Seriously, are we just pretending the Utopia Planitia and Mars being just fine for a decade of this game didn't happen?

On top of USS CopyPaste elevated to the level of far better ships?

I guess I want this series to be treated as not having happened as far as the game is concerned, but I guess I'll stick to calling this so called attack on Mars some Klingon propoganda
  • Options
    dourifdourif Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Give us that fix everything deus ex machina thing. I also want a way to kill my toon and replace him with an android copy, but he still has to be an old guy. Or the cure for death from Into Darkness, that would also be hilarious.
  • Options
    o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    What do I wanna see from the biggest desaster in "Not-Star-Trek" history (together with Discovery)? Plain and simple: nothing!
    And now that I read that they throw this ridiculous Synth Invasion at us, it seems to me that it might be time again for a longer break from STO.
    ~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I want to see the Picard I knew in TNG.....not this feeble old TRIBBLE that everyone is making look like an old, sorry fool.

Do you mean like the future version old sorry fool picard from the next gen episode "All Good Things" that kickstarted the anomoly travelling backwards in time or did you miss that episode.
    I like to think this current picard is in much better shape than he was..
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    What do I wanna see from the biggest desaster in "Not-Star-Trek" history (together with Discovery)? Plain and simple: nothing!
    And now that I read that they throw this ridiculous Synth Invasion at us, it seems to me that it might be time again for a longer break from STO.

I'm guessing you've previously claimed that the worst Star Trek disaster is JJ's Star Trek? As in any longer-lasting franchise, a group of old lovers appear for which everything new is a priori bad, they are called orthodox and are ridiculous for the majority society.
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I want STO to recognize that it's a separate timeline from Picard. There's already enough issues trying to shoehorn what happened in Picard in with the well-established Path to 2409, and who knows what season 2 will bring? STO was created 10 years before Picard happened, it's OK to accept that real-world timing means that STO and Picard are in separate timelines.

There was a live stream with Thomas Marrone where he bent over backwards to rationalize why an Odyssey class appeared in the Picard comic 20 years before its release in STO. No need for crazy head-canon explanations, just say it's a different timeline.
  • Options
    o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    tmassx wrote: »

I'm guessing you've previously claimed that the worst Star Trek disaster is JJ's Star Trek? As in any longer-lasting franchise, a group of old lovers appear for which everything new is a priori bad, they are called orthodox and are ridiculous for the majority society.

You guess wrong. I'm no JJ fan, but it at least tasted like Star Trek, other than Discovery and Picard. And yes, I love the original Star Trek (all series), but not in an "orthodox and ridiculous" way as you call it. I would welcome anything new that has the spirit, the quality of writing and the smart way of incorporating certain topics into the story. Discovery and Picard was simply terrible writing, bad acting, a way of storytelling that doesn't work for Star Trek and a disrespectful way to deal with characters that have grown on the fans over all the years. There's still hope that with all the changes at CBS and hopefully the sacking of Kurtzman in the future some new talents and ideas will appear that can thrill the "old" as well as the new fans of a more carefully evolved Star Trek.
    ~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • Options
    tmassx wrote: »

You guess wrong. I'm no JJ fan, but it at least tasted like Star Trek, other than Discovery and Picard. And yes, I love the original Star Trek (all series), but not in an "orthodox and ridiculous" way as you call it. I would welcome anything new that has the spirit, the quality of writing and the smart way of incorporating certain topics into the story. Discovery and Picard was simply terrible writing, bad acting, a way of storytelling that doesn't work for Star Trek and a disrespectful way to deal with characters that have grown on the fans over all the years. There's still hope that with all the changes at CBS and hopefully the sacking of Kurtzman in the future some new talents and ideas will appear that can thrill the "old" as well as the new fans of a more carefully evolved Star Trek.
    Yep.

Lower Decks been doing far better than Picard or Disco.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    ...a way of storytelling that doesn't work for Star Trek

Do you mean a season-long arc as opposed to episodic monster of the week storytelling?
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Nothing at all.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    gunny338#2712 gunny338 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Inquiry ship(adm rikers ship in Picard) which is now a R&D lockbox feature.
    Battle scenes and gameplay within Borg ship, and last scene where they beamed to AI planet. That scene from start to finishwould be nice
    Rest were dialogue but I'm sure some portion can be made into storyline or epi.
    "The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force of our lives.
    We work to better ourselves and the rest of humanity"

Captain Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    Honestly is there really anything left to add? They've had ways to get Seven's guns and new outfit, the newer Federation uniforms (which honestly I thought were a bit disappointing), the La Sirena and Inquiry... What else really is there? Maybe that new warbird, but it was kinda "meh" honestly.

I think that may be part of the problem with Picard, it adds less it its first season than some Trek series give us for potential in a handful of episodes.
    Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
    Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
    General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    terloki wrote: »
    Honestly is there really anything left to add? They've had ways to get Seven's guns and new outfit, the newer Federation uniforms (which honestly I thought were a bit disappointing), the La Sirena and Inquiry... What else really is there? Maybe that new warbird, but it was kinda "meh" honestly.

I think that may be part of the problem with Picard, it adds less it its first season than some Trek series give us for potential in a handful of episodes.

Playable Synths, a new uniform for Romulans, that cooler looking other Fed Uniform, Elnor's katana, Freecloud planet that functions like Risa, trust me when I say they haven't even scratch the surface.
  • Options
    terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    Playable Synths, a new uniform for Romulans, that cooler looking other Fed Uniform, Elnor's katana, Freecloud planet that functions like Risa, trust me when I say they haven't even scratch the surface.

Pretty sure that first one would be covered by CBS' original ban on playable androids. Other than that I guess maybe Freecloud could be neat, but the rest doesn't really pique my interest.
    Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
    Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
    General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier
  • Options
    paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Never watched the show but saw some clips. How about that female admiral with her "sheer ******* hubris" comment, that would be entertaining. Nothing says Star Trek like extreme profanity. Ooh, maybe the ninja guy chopping up people with his ninja sword. I'm sure Mr. Roddenberry would approve.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    Never watched the show but saw some clips. How about that female admiral with her "sheer ******* hubris" comment, that would be entertaining. Nothing says Star Trek like extreme profanity. Ooh, maybe the ninja guy chopping up people with his ninja sword. I'm sure Mr. Roddenberry would approve.

Actually he was a samurai not a ninja, it's quite easy for some people to confuse the two, Samurai were like knights that were bound to a master or lord, they carried Katanas and used Bows as their main weapons, Just swap the bows with a Phaser/Romulan Disruptor and you'll have Elnor, whereas Ninjas were disgruntled Farmers and most of their weapons were farming tools.
    Post edited by paradox#7391 on
  • Options
    bad4ger#1000 bad4ger Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @"ambassadorkael#6946" said:
    > Now that season one of Star Trek: Picard is complete, what one thing from the season do you most want in Star Trek Online? Let us know below.

Haven't watched it, would like to see story ark centered around tholians, possibly including as a playable race equal to but separate from klingons and Starfleet
  • Options

Haven't watched it, would like to see story ark centered around tholians, possibly including as a playable race equal to but separate from klingons and Starfleet

That was what the Romulans were supposed to be but the engine couldn't handle a third faction.
  • Options
    captainhundleycaptainhundley Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Ship interiors. That bridge was pretty nice.