test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing History in SICITURAD ASTRA (Memorial)

dalentroidaxdalentroidax Member Posts: 2 Arc User
After sending in a game work ticket to determine why there were missing "honored names" on the Memorial Plaque; it was suggested that I also bring it to the attention of Forums. Your thoughts would be most appreciated. I will simply re-post my original ticket query below:

"Writing in regards to missing history. Will try to contact Nick Duguid and Al Rivera during the week of 6/22/20; as I understand they are behind the Memorial upgrade. Please don't misunderstand, I'm pleased and proud the recognition is there and hope it remains so. However, regardless of the state of our country currently, some African American history is woefully missing. These include my late cousins: Paul Winfield (Captain Clark Terrell/Dathon) and William Marshall (Dr. Richard Daystrom). Also MIA is Percy Rodriguez (Commodore Stone) and the original 1st on screen female Capt.; Madge Sinclair (Orig. Unnamed/Capt. LaForge). While I make this African American missing history point, because it hits home (literally for me) and happens in real history constantly, I do not by any means mean to push aside others who are also missing like Ray Walston (Boothby/others)."
"All legendary performers in their own right, but in Star Trek have made firsts and lasting impressions that will not be forgotten. Let us not forget to honor anyone else's contributions to Gene's legacy and dream of a better, peaceful and more inclusive future. I say all this not to chastise, but to keep you on your toes because people are always watching; waiting to turn what you meant to be a beautiful thing into their agenda to tear others down. Live long and prosper. In Solidarity - DalenTroiDax
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yea some of these should certainly be investigated and then added. I'll ping our CM in hopes maybe he might forward it along.

@ambassadorkael#6946
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    The memorial has become a grim tally kill wall.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    dalentroidaxdalentroidax Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thank the Prophets! The wall has been updated; and hope will continue to be so. Thank you all for any light that was shed here and to those involved with this process. Including Nick Duguid and Al Rivera, to whom I apologize for my persistence...however I believe the cause just. Let the Legacy Live On in our Hearts, our Minds, and our Written Words.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User

considering the actors from TOS ages...
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User

considering the actors from TOS ages...

or those of the TNG/DS9 era, even Will Wheton and Cirroc Lofton are in their 40 IIRC at the very least and those were the kid characters.
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Sid Haig still has not been added, almost a year after he passed away. Threads and posts have been made on reddit and the forums here to bring attention to this, and ignored.
  • Options
    valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    John Hancock is still missing. He portrayed Vice Admiral Haden in two TNG episodes including The Defector.
This discussion has been closed.