test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Risa kit 20% chance for summer kit module to trigger bonus effect only works 5% or less

wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 397 Arc User
The Risa kit has the following bonus effect for Risa kit modules:
"Whenever you activate a Summer Kit Module: 20% chance: Activate any Summer Kit Module at random"

My Risa kit has 4 Risa modules (Graviton Spike, Corrosive Grenade, Ball of Lightning, Floor is Lava). The first 3 of those I tend to trigger continuously due to lower cooldowns, and save the lava one. Yet despite triggering them often, especially the first 2, I rarely see the bonus risa module effect. I'm lucky to see it 1 time in 20.

For example, on Tuesday I went to Kobali Prime and did back to back the 2 missions: “Breaking the Wall” and “With Our Last Breath”, which represents about 15-20 minutes of constantly using multiple kit modules, yet in that time I only had 1 risa bonus effect trigger, despite probably using risa modules 50+ times. And it was not due to not having an enemy targeted when use my module....that just causes the bonus effect (like lava, etc) to center on me instead of a target.

Others I have spoken with have seen similar low results...too low to just be accounted for by bad luck RNG. Is the the tooltip wrong and kit was intended to trigger these far less, like 5%?

Comments

• Options
    zekekerrigan#4038 zekekerrigan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I haven't had it trigger at all, at anypoint. And I'm running 2 risian modules, so I think something far lower than 20% seems about right to me.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    I am running 3 kits at least (grav Spike, Floor is Lava and the sandstorm thing) I think Ive seen it proc once or twice.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    wiggins#4688 wiggins Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    This matches my experience too, though I'm only running 2 modules (Grav Spike, Corrosive Grenade)
  • Options
    wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 397 Arc User
    Any comment from STO developers on this?

The in-game bug reporting does not seem to be working. Did not get back incident number after filling in form.